Hit the Wall

Bobbie J

Hi everyone,

Hope you can give me some hep! Start week 4 of LT tomorrow and throughout I've felt really well and full of energy but since Friday I've felt bloody awful! Been really tired an in a right grump! Was ready to eat my own arm today - if I'd had any food in the house I'd have eaten it an I havnt been like that at all so far! Had a really bad week at work, don't know if that might be to blame - never thought I was an emotional eater before but can't think what else it could be! Has anyone else experienced this - is it normal? Please tell me it'll pass - thought the first week was meant to be the worst. If I can't shake myself out of this I don't know if I'll be able to stay on LT and I really want to as I've still got 2.5 stone to lose!

Hi BobbieJ

In my experience, I have found Wk 3 the worst and a whole of of others have too..maybe this is your Wk 3!!!! You will get highs and lows, but just try and stay focussed and remember how far you have come and that the longer you stay on TFR, the quicker you will be at goal!

Hope the feelings go shortly, as I know the diet is hard enough without these feelings....keep on here and just get as much help and inspiration as you possibly can!

I have struggled this weekend; not given in, but my mind has been playing with me and on several occasions I could have given in, but for the fact that I know what comes next if I did, I havent!! :)

The feeling will pass and when you get up tomorrow, you will feel well proud of yourself for carrying on..

Take care

Keep your chin up pet!

Hi Bobby,

I am only on my 12th day so I can't say for sure but having read loads of posts on here a lot of people seem to say that they struggle at about week 3 or 4.

I would think that it's the body's way of saying 'OK, that's enough - Didn't mind for a week or two but now I need a Doughnut!' I think it probably tries to trick you into giving it a quick fix.

Be strong honey and try to keep busy. It's rotten when your'e having a hard time, I know as I am the queen of comfort eating.

Just think how well you have done aleady. I think by your stats that you are a third of the way there? That's just brilliant! Your'e doing so well. Try and keep your chin up.

Hi Bobbie!
I have had to exact same week as you too! I have been really cranky and obsessing about food and just plain miserable. Really hit a wall this week and felt like just giving up yesterday. I know i wont as I have lost lots of inches and down a dress size already so will keep going but its just plain horrible when you feel like this so chin up, there are two of is in it at the mo :< I am starting week 4 tomorrow and really hope next week will be better than this week. Noone said this was going to be easy so I suppose we have to take the good with the bad.....skinny v's hunger!!!!

In the best possible way, it's nice to know I'm not the only one feelin like this. Don't Know what's going on in my head! PMS? Full moon? Who knows. Felt like a hypocrite after posting last week about sticking to it and think about the rewards! Well the shoe is on the other foot now. Think I was lucky at the start as I didn't find it bad at all. It's amazing I can still be so self-indulgent even without food! Lol! I need to get over myself!

Your posts have really helped tho! Feeling a bit better now. Tucked away in bed (as far from th kitchen as possible) with a good book. Hopefully next week well be better!

Thanks again for your support!x

Hi Bobbie ... At the risk of being contraversial (sp?) it's up to you whether you stick to it or not. You will find times that are challenging, issues that come up and test your resolve. You have made a decision to TFR - you don't need to revisit that decision - you need to find different ways to cope with whatever life throws at you while you are carrying out that resolve. What difference would eating make to those challenges?? How many calories would it take to make those things go away??????? Truth is no amount of calories in the world will help so don't spoil what you're doing at the moment.

Hope I don't sound 'preachy' .. only trying to help. I know it's easy to say .... hang on in there!!!!! The rewards are soooooooo worth it!! xx

Bobbie J, this is perfectly normal to feel like this even though it is horrendous. From what I can remember the first 2 weeks were bad for me (Im on Day 7) and then it was ok. You're doing the right thing by coming on here, letting it all out and then letting it go. You can do it, just remember how amazingly you have done so far. Its a true inspiration to 'renewbies' like me. :)

Hi guys,

Jan, your not preachy at all, I followed your posts before starting LT and your sucess is one of the reasons I'm doing it. You've done brilliantly! I know exactly what you mean tho - the night before I started LT I made a big deal of having a really nice dinner, anything I wanted - I can't even remember what I had. It couldn't have been that great after all. Your spot on saying that no amount of calories will make me feel better - I'd feel awful, really awful if I gave up now. I have had a couple of hours to have a think an give myself a shake and your posts have really helped so feeling alot better about things! Was just having moment! Hopefully it'll be the last!x

Everyone has a trying week at sometime or another. I think mine was week 4 :s I think I was feeling sorry for myself and could have eaten myself out of house and home. BUT I didnt, I just thought how far I had come and how much further I need to go. I am a 1/4 of my way there, so I can't really afford to throw the last 5 weeks down the pan. This week will be a better week :)

I think we all hit a wall or two throughout our journey, all at different times and for different reasons ... its just part of it and the main thing is that you overcome it and don't let it knock you back .. which you haven't and thats great :)

Obviously when the moments of weakness and moments where hope is lost happen, it seems impossible to overcome them but just think of why you're doing this diet and how many far worse moments you'll have and feel without it making the change you need and want.

Weigh loss is hard, the hardest obstacle i personally have had in my life (even harder than stopping smoking) but nothing in life is achieved without hard work. But oh the hard work will be so so worth it come that goal date :)

So keep at it and keep smiling :) x

Back