Hiya I'm a newy!

upsy-daisy

:) Hiya all I am new to this site!
I am on week 3 day3 of the ss cd. I was just wondering if your still supposed to be hungry at this as I am! :confused:. I lost 7.5lb week 1, 6lb week 2 and 3.5 lb week 3. On week 1 and 2 my ketone stick showed as quite a dark shade of purple but week 3 and this week it is a light pink. I have been drinking the same amount of water throughout. I was just wondering if the lighter ketone result is why I am hungry?? Sorry I don't know much about the way the ketosis works, a you can probably guess! :eek:.
Can any1 help??

Hey Upsy-daisy,

Welcome to minimins!!

I started feeling hungry in week 3 but it soon went. Are you sure it's physical hunger, or are you starting to long for food now?? Don't know a great deal about ketostix but from previous posts I gather that as long as it's pink you should be in ketosis.
I'm sure someone know knows more will be along shortly.

Well done for sticking with it so far!!! :D

If the stick is anywhere pink at all then you are in ketosis there is no different levels. The hungar could just be the little devil on your shoulder, you are getting everything you need in the packs so i woudnt worry about it and just push through it have some more water!! The dark pink on the stick may indicate that you are a bit dehydrated so perhaps drink a wee bit more water how much do u drink a day?

becky xxx

Hi and welcome i am on week 6 and get weighed tonight and have been ok ao far apart from this week and have been starving all week but ketones a lovely shade of dark pink so dunno maybe just phycological (but very convincing....lol)

Lea xx

Welcome and well done on your loss to date. I don't use the sticks so cant comment on them. I am in week 2 and still feel hungry every day but the weight is coming off.
Maro

hi and welcome to minimins :D
wonderful site here and am sure you will get lots of support and advise.
ketostix as long as it changes colour then you are in ketosis, if its really deep purple try a bit more water as this can be dehydration but first pee of the morning is when ketones are at there most concentrated, you will find the colour gets lighter as the day goes on as they are more dilute due to the water you drink so dont panic

the hunger, as others have said in ketosis you shouldnt feel physical hunger but your brain is crafty and trys to get you to eat as it is used to you eating. drink more water, read a book, have a bath, go for a walk, it should disappear

hi and welcome to minimins :D
wonderful site here and am sure you will get lots of support and advise.
ketostix as long as it changes colour then you are in ketosis, if its really deep purple try a bit more water as this can be dehydration but first pee of the morning is when ketones are at there most concentrated, you will find the colour gets lighter as the day goes on as they are more dilute due to the water you drink so dont panic

the hunger, as others have said in ketosis you shouldnt feel physical hunger but your brain is crafty and trys to get you to eat as it is used to you eating. drink more water, read a book, have a bath, go for a walk, it should disappear
Hey canyou tell me how to start a new thread. sorry for butting in x thanks x

Ah thanks every1. I don't know if I am just thinking I am hungry. But my tummy does rumble! I'm not hungry all the time so maybe it is just when I am sitting thinking about it!! I am determined to stick to this diet tho as it keeps me going when I see the lbs dropping off!. I have got about 5 stone to loose so I am going to be on it for a while! I'm so glad I found this site as I don't know any1 who has done it b4! Thanks every1 xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx

Back