Hiya,im new....thinking of changing from WW to SW, help please :)

Wowser.......thats a MEGA loss......well done, good first losses really keep you motivated, don't they ?!?!?!?!?! maybe you would be so kind as to give me an idea of your "average" day...just so i know i'm going the right way about it..

so far today i've had:

hexa - 350ml skimmed milk

B- 2 boiled eggs, 1 slice of wholemeal (hexb) tsp lf spread (1syn)

L- jacket spud, prawns & salad, prawn sauce made with 2tbsp elf mayo & 1tbsp ketchup(2syns) 2 apples chopped, fat free from frais........

not sure about dinner yet, but does that look ok so far..?? sorry to ask you, but im getting a bit lost on the proper boards for menu's etc lol....so many to look at

am so glad you had a fab wi..... :)))

Looks good to me - the general rule of thumb is to make sure your doing your 1/3 super free and if the rest is free or HExA/B you cant go wrong!!

You used to be able to save syns. The advice changed recently - I think I read it was to stop people gorging at the weekend then feeling deprived the rest of the week and going off plan.

I still count my syns weekly - I start with 105 and use them til they're gone, I use far more over the weekend than I do in the week. It's working for me, at least for now anyway.

Yeah I count mine weekly too ;)

Looks good to me - the general rule of thumb is to make sure your doing your 1/3 super free and if the rest is free or HExA/B you cant go wrong!!

thanks, i made sure my salad at lunch was 1/3 of the plate, and just decided on chicken,chips and beans for dinner, realised theres no "super free" so shall add a salad and cut back on the chips i think ?!?!?!?!?! is that right ????? :)

Yeah I count mine weekly too ;)

oh cool.....glad you said that lol....had a bit of a boo boo earlier, syned 2 rich tea wrong (thought they were 1 each, but they're not..lol) that now takes me to 7 today....

can i ask how long you both have been doing SW and what are your results like ??? thanks, i'm sure i'll relax a little after my first WI :D

I switched from ww to SW two weeks ago. Admittedly I gained weight in my first week but it seems that it was mainly down to the shock my body was in with so much more food. It's coming off thankfully. Most importantly, not only am I eating loads more than on ww, but I feel healthier, fuller and less deprived of food. SW isn't dominating my life, unlike ww. My boyfriend often commented that he could sense me counting everything before making any decision on food or drink. Much happier now!

Wowser.......thats a MEGA loss......well done, good first losses really keep you motivated, don't they ?!?!?!?!?! maybe you would be so kind as to give me an idea of your "average" day...just so i know i'm going the right way about it..

so far today i've had:

hexa - 350ml skimmed milk

B- 2 boiled eggs, 1 slice of wholemeal (hexb) tsp lf spread (1syn)

L- jacket spud, prawns & salad, prawn sauce made with 2tbsp elf mayo & 1tbsp ketchup(2syns) 2 apples chopped, fat free from frais........

not sure about dinner yet, but does that look ok so far..?? sorry to ask you, but im getting a bit lost on the proper boards for menu's etc lol....so many to look at

am so glad you had a fab wi..... :)))

Sorry I've just seen this :)

Of course, I'll grab my food diary from last week and post on this thread in a bit.

I just realised that for HEA it's 350ml of SKIMMED milk and 250ml if it's SEMI-SKIMMED. Ooops, I've been having 350ml of semi-skimmed LOL. Never mind.

Anyway, like I said I'll post in a bit with an average day of what I eat :)

Ok, here's a couple of days from last week...

DAY 1

HEA - 28g cheddar
HEB - 1 x wholemeal roll, 57g

Breakfast
Bacon, egg & beans with wholemeal roll

Lunch
Pasta with spicy mince (mince was left over from dinner the previous night)

Dinner
Loaded potato skins with bacon and cabbage

Snacks/Syns
2 x Options Hot Chocolate - 6 syns
1 x Alpen Light - 3 syns
Apple - Free
Grapes - Free
Fun Size Flake - 4 syns
SW chips - Free

As you can see I went a bit overboard on the chocolate LOL, I was having that kind of day. The Options hot chocolate was the indulgence ones, hence them being 3 syns per sachet.

Day 2

HEA - 42g Low Low Cheese
HEB - 2 x Alpen Light Bars

Breakfast
Mullerlight, Apple

Lunch
Mini tuna & cheese quiches, SW chips, beetroot, pickled onions

Dinner
Spaghetti Carbonara

Snacks/Syns
Fun Size Flake - 4 syns
Cheese (for carbonara) - 5.5 syns
Savoury Rice - Free

Hope this helps :)

I still count my syns weekly - I start with 105 and use them til they're gone, I use far more over the weekend than I do in the week. It's working for me, at least for now anyway.

That's a good idea, I might try that instead of a daily count as somedays I hardly use any.

ive done ww in the past but always gone back to slimming world. this time i feel the most positive ive ever felt . i find it easier on sw. i cant get my head around counting so much food on ww, even some fruit and eggs!. my best friend always does ww but when we work a night together she runs out of points and is still hungry and i have lots left to nibble on.

Hi,
I have recently switched over from ww to sw, Like many others I got so fed up with counting and weighing all the time, I also found when I had eaten my daily allowance of points I was still hungry.
The new pro points plan I could not get my head around, so that was mainly why I took the plunge into sw, I'm glad I did, it feels like such a relief now, not having to count & weigh, just eat...simples, lol..(following the plan, of course)
my first wi, I lost 5lbs :D never felt deprived at all, glad I have switched, it's also easier cooking for the whole family with sw, we all eat the same.
Good luck, I hope you enjoy it. XX

I have recently switched over from ww to sw, Like many others I got so fed up with counting and weighing all the time, I also found when I had eaten my daily allowance of points I was still hungry.
The new pro points plan I could not get my head around, so that was mainly why I took the plunge into sw, I'm glad I did, it feels like such a relief now, not having to count & weigh, just eat...simples, lol..(following the plan, of course)
my first wi, I lost 5lbs :D never felt deprived at all, glad I have switched, it's also easier cooking for the whole family with sw, we all eat the same.

Agree with every word :)

Hiya I'm an ex WW and came over to SW as I'm pregnant, but I was also getting fed up of counting

I do find I'm more relaxed on SW and like that if I'm hungry I've got free foods to fall back on.

The only time I have to urge to switch back is if Im having a day where cooking from scratch isn't easy and I want a quick route out having convenience foods. Or my favourite foods are high syns but on WW they'd be low. When these days happen I remind myself all the pros of SW and it keeps me on track.

Personally I don't save my syns it feels like being on WW. I simply have the syns I want/need within the limit and if I know it is gonna be a heavy syn day, I have a flex syn day

Good luck on your weight loss journey and hope you enjoy SW x

Ok, here's a couple of days from last week...

DAY 1

HEA - 28g cheddar
HEB - 1 x wholemeal roll, 57g

Breakfast
Bacon, egg & beans with wholemeal roll

Lunch
Pasta with spicy mince (mince was left over from dinner the previous night)

Dinner
Loaded potato skins with bacon and cabbage

Snacks/Syns
2 x Options Hot Chocolate - 6 syns
1 x Alpen Light - 3 syns
Apple - Free
Grapes - Free
Fun Size Flake - 4 syns
SW chips - Free

As you can see I went a bit overboard on the chocolate LOL, I was having that kind of day. The Options hot chocolate was the indulgence ones, hence them being 3 syns per sachet.

Day 2

HEA - 42g Low Low Cheese
HEB - 2 x Alpen Light Bars

Breakfast
Mullerlight, Apple

Lunch
Mini tuna & cheese quiches, SW chips, beetroot, pickled onions

Dinner
Spaghetti Carbonara

Snacks/Syns
Fun Size Flake - 4 syns
Cheese (for carbonara) - 5.5 syns
Savoury Rice - Free

Hope this helps :)

hiya, sorry have only just seen this reply, thanks so much for doing it, your menu looks good and its given me some nice ideas, thanks.....

Hi,

hiya, you're right, it does feel a relief, i have been so happy this past week, not counting and weighing every single item of food that passes my lips....and yes, it has made making family meals much easier, normally we all eat the same food,but mine is in seperate pot/dish etc....

Hi, I started the new ww in the new year and found the weighing and the calculating a real pain. I've switched to slimming world and don't know why I didn't change sooner, its fantastic, you'll feel much more satisfied and I feel healthier because I'm cooking everything from scratch and there's very little or no processed food in my diet.

I moved from ww to sw 2 weeks ago and have gained 2lbs, I feel like my weight is getting out of control! I found with ww I had more control and with sw am eating too much and I am bloated all the time?? Any suggestions? X

I moved from ww to sw 2 weeks ago and have gained 2lbs, I feel like my weight is getting out of control! I found with ww I had more control and with sw am eating too much and I am bloated all the time?? Any suggestions? X

Stick at it SW does work. Think there is always the possibility of a small gain when changing from one plan to another. Most likely to be water retention.
Have you posted a food diary on here?? if not i would start one and let everyone here give their words of wisdom.
With SW i think it does take a bit of trial and error to find which plan works for each indervidual.

Stick at it SW does work. Think there is always the possibility of a small gain when changing from one plan to another. Most likely to be water retention.
Have you posted a food diary on here?? if not i would start one and let everyone here give their words of wisdom.
With SW i think it does take a bit of trial and error to find which plan works for each indervidual.

hiya Honey, thats a good point you've made there, im now on my second week....first week STS second WI looming and it looks the same :cry:really dont know whats going on....however knowing my body the way i do, i am now switching over to the RED day plan as from tomorrow....i know my body holds onto carbs terribly (i have eaten more than usual on the EXTRA EASY plan), i feel bloated and huge, so i think a change of plan may be a good idea for VEZZA too....im no real expert as of yet, but i LOVE the ease of the plan, no obsessing about weights/points etc and im determined to make SW work for me......well at least i hope i can :D:D

Back