Hiya! Info please...

slinky1131

Hi I'm currently on a vlcd abd have lost 2.5 stone and want to start eating in a controlled healthy way. I am an old hat at low carbing and have always believed south beach to be a "healthy" Atkins diet. Can someone give me some brief outlines to the plan? I'd like to make an informed choice with your guidance. Thanks guys :)

South beach is more low GI than low carb. Low GI focuses on 'good' carbs in smaller portions than many people might be used to, so it will be lower carb than something like a Slimming World green day where pasta, rice etc. can be eaten freely, but it is not low carb like Atkins or similar. Even in phase 1 (the 2 week induction period for those who have at least 10lb to lose) you can eat most vegetables (non-starchy ones), lowfat dairy and beans in addition to protein and 'good' fats. Wholegrains, fruit, and some starchy veg in moderation are then slowly re-introduced.

Rather than me pasting them all here, if you google 'south beach diet principles' you will get a lot of helpful links. :) The South Beach Supercharged book has all the information needed to follow the plan - you might be able to find a library copy if you don't want to buy.

Back