VLCD Sequel: Electric Boogaloo

Glad all is okay, Casting!

Thank you all. Looking forward to catching up with you soon!

I have 4 packs on days when I exercise and it hasn't hurt my losses so don't feel bad about it.

How are you doing, Casting? Hope all is okay?

Avast tharr my weight loss peeps!

So I've been struggling a bit - in the sense that I haven't wavered from the plan but my energy is low and I have strong food cravings a lot of the time - not for chocolate or crap, but for vegetables and meat. Maybe it's just my brain playing tricks on me but I've taken this as a sign that I need a food week.

On top of which I only lost 1lb last week (taking me down to 13st 6lb) which is the lowest loss I've ever had on a VLCD where I didn't cheat. All of which is making me feel that my body is ready for a rest.

So starting today (Sunday) I will be add a 200 calorie meal to my 3 products. I cannot tell you how effing excited I am about this. I have literally been dreaming of mushrooms for the last two days. And I'm not even that keen on mushrooms.

Obviously since I'm on food week I will be talking about food. And this may be understandably triggering for some of you. So, err, do take care of yourselves above all else and don't worry if you have to opt out of my diary for a while.

Before I talk about food directly I'll include a cute food trigger piglet so you don't get blind-sided and hopefully this will help keep everyone safe - and make sure my diary isn't negatively impacting other people. The reason I want to talk a bit about what I'm eating for food week is that I read somewhere that a consistent problem with people and their eating (whether they're dieting or not) is that they consistently under report. And I want to hold myself accountable in some way so I don't do that.

Okay so: today's meal, which was a sort of ... brunch? Being the first thing I ate today, although I've just realised it's 2pm so I guess it's tunch not brunch.

Cute food trigger piglet:

cute-teacup-pigs-wallpaper-4.jpg

So what I had for tunch was a two egg omlette, containing six chopped medium mushrooms and a grilled tomato on the side. I also added an ungenerous tablespoon of slightly-off-plan Philadelphia lightest but basically I wanted something just to lift the flavour. This all came in at 219 calories, took about 10 minutes to cook and tasted fecking *amazing*. It's also the first real food I've had in about ten weeks and left me feeling slightly nauseous after. This has settled down, thankfully. I do however feel full for days.

Avast tharr my weight loss peeps!

So I've been struggling a bit - in the sense that I haven't wavered from the plan but my energy is low and I have strong food cravings a lot of the time - not for chocolate or crap, but for vegetables and meat. Maybe it's just my brain playing tricks on me but I've taken this as a sign that I need a food week.

On top of which I only lost 1lb last week (taking me down to 13st 6lb) which is the lowest loss I've ever had on a VLCD where I didn't cheat. All of which is making me feel that my body is ready for a rest.

So starting today (Sunday) I will be add a 200 calorie meal to my 3 products. I cannot tell you how effing excited I am about this. I have literally been dreaming of mushrooms for the last two days. And I'm not even that keen on mushrooms.

Obviously since I'm on food week I will be talking about food. And this may be understandably triggering for some of you. So, err, do take care of yourselves above all else and don't worry if you have to opt out of my diary for a while.

Before I talk about food directly I'll include a cute food trigger piglet so you don't get blind-sided and hopefully this will help keep everyone safe - and make sure my diary isn't negatively impacting other people. The reason I want to talk a bit about what I'm eating for food week is that I read somewhere that a consistent problem with people and their eating (whether they're dieting or not) is that they consistently under report. And I want to hold myself accountable in some way so I don't do that.

Okay so: today's meal, which was a sort of ... brunch? Being the first thing I ate today, although I've just realised it's 2pm so I guess it's tunch not brunch.

Cute food trigger piglet:

View attachment 191068

So what I had for tunch was a two egg omlette, containing six chopped medium mushrooms and a grilled tomato on the side. I also added an ungenerous tablespoon of slightly-off-plan Philadelphia lightest but basically I wanted something just to lift the flavour. This all came in at 219 calories, took about 10 minutes to cook and tasted fecking *amazing*. It's also the first real food I've had in about ten weeks and left me feeling slightly nauseous after. This has settled down, thankfully. I do however feel full for days.

Sounds like you've got a really good plan there. I like it. 10wks no real food, that is well impressive! AND....and...1 stone to go only. Fantastic!!

Sounds like you are doing the right thing and I’m stealing that omelette idea for later x

Steal away - it was super nice, and very low calorie, and has kept me basically full all day - having to force down my products!

Sounds like you've got a really good plan there. I like it. 10wks no real food, that is well impressive! AND....and...1 stone to go only. Fantastic!!

Ah, thank you! I mean, 1st to go from first target. Which is to be "less obese." I'm actually about four stone from a healthy weight. Which is less impressive.

I don't think it should be discounted! You are doing amazingly well and 1st away from first milestone is MASSIVE! One by one...it all come down...🎶
I'm imagining my whole loss as a big mountain but each milestone i set for myself as a hill going up to the peak. Each hill takes me one step closer to the lovely view at the top :) a few more steps left only!

Brilliant progress. I love that food trigger piglet. Somehow makes food triggers more manageable!

I am still loving my food week. I haven't eaten more than I'm allowed - in fact, I sometimes struggle with fitting in my third product (although I do because I'm such a stickler for Sticking To The Plan TM) - but it's given me a real energy and mood boost. Yay!

Here is the food trigger piglet so, beware, food talk coming up:

586714878-612x612.jpg

We had some friends on Monday - who are themselves quite diet conscious so basically I knew they'd be on board with whatever severely calorie-constrained mush I served them. I actually dug out the slow cooker which has been lurking in a cupboard since what kind of maniac would use a slow cooker in the middle of a heat wave.

Answer: meeeeee.

But what I did was chop up some veg and cook it lightly, then layer the bottom of the slow cooker with it, and throw eight whisked up eggs on top of this. To the egg mix I did add a tiny bit of off-plan Parmesan cheese but between four of us the amount we were going to be consuming would be absolutely negligible. Anyway, two hours later the whole thing came out as a kind of half-omlette, half-frittata, very soft and moist and delicious, and about 167 calories per piece. Essentially, people chose a size of piece dependent on preferred calorie intake (mah wife ate like half the pot) and it was filling and tasted good and I was super proud of it.

And, best of all, there was one 167ish calorie piece left over which I bunged in some tupperware and ate yesterday for my extra meal.

I feel I am legit smashing this. I'm not sure what will have happened to my weight by the end of this week - I'm not expecting to have lost but I shouldn't have gained either. And I'm not really shooting for a loss, I just really needed to eat food for a week.

Aw so happy its going well! And the piglets are sooo adorable! Ya know, Ill probably steal your stew idea for my food week. It sounds amazing! Could you let me know what quantities of things you put in it so as to make sure i get a similar amount of cals per portion? Ive got some other ideas in my mind which im looking forward to as well. At least ill make it interesting as i so miss cooking÷

Awesome stuff, Casting, and I love your trigger piglets!

Who has trigger piglets? Only you! :) Hilarious.

I'm doing about half food just now, and stepping on the scales is terrifying. So far, no movement, but it's strange how intimidating just eating food becomes on these things.

I don't have any trigger piglets of my own, so I won't talk about food specifically, but you're rocking it, so you go! xx

Back