Hiya :o)

Vixter23

Hiya,

Vicky here, ive joined this morning as i would like to know which would be the best diet for me and to chat to others in the same boat as myself and offer and receive support. ;)
Me and my partner both want to lose weight i have about 70lbs to lose till i will be happy, last summer i lost 31/2 stone through being ill and as soon as i recovered it is all back on, he says he loves me regardless of my weight but i am not happy :cry:.

Any advice will be greatly appreciated on the best diet programme, i have untill september to lose as much of the 70lbs as poss :D please, thank you x

Hi and welcome :) I have been a slimming world member since September and have lost 1stone 10lb. I find the plan really easy. If you have a look at the slimming world threads it gives recipies or I'd you have a look at their web site it will tell you all about it. I am NEVER hungry as there is so much free food to have. Have a look and pick the right one for you :) and all the best of luck for it :) Xx

Hi Vicky, welcome to the boards. I have a lot of weight to lose, but breaking it into chunks...starting with 40 pounds from the start of January 2011 till Easter Friday. I'm on a VLCD (Exante) which is total meal replacement, which costs me £26.25 including p&p per week. I find it cheap, convenient, and it breaks my "addiction" to carbs. After Easter, I'm thinking of going on JUDD, when you diet on alternate days, so I don't have to worry that I can't have something, knowing I'll be able to have it the next day :)
Good luck in whichever diet you choose!

V

hi vixter23 and :welcome: to the forums! You have made the first step on your weight loss journey and you have definitely come to the right place. Everyone on here is fab!

I have been on weight watchers - following it at home using all of the books and have been on the plan since July 2009. I have lost 50lbs (3 stone 8lbs) in that time. I love weight watchers purely because I can still eat the foods I used to just managing portion sizes alot better. The new propoints plan is also great and really makes you think about the foods you are eating. Ultimately you need to select a diet which works for you. I have tried them all and I only get along with WW.

Good luck on your weight loss journey

Hi and welcome. Diets like weight watchers and slimming world would be good for both of you and you can either do it online or go to a class.

Irene xx

Thank you all for your replies :character00238:, i was thinking about it today and as im in love with special k i was thinking of doing that 2 bowls a day along with a Weight Watchers dinner, ive already cut the junk out on day 2 so far of that, i just really want to get fit and healthy so that my family and friends dont worry so much about my health and no that i am fully happy with every aspect of my life :eek:)

Back