Hmm breakfast idea

Yasmine

One last chance
Why is it when I'm on LT, I have wierd food ideas?

I've been craving this and it's a breakfast idea for some of you guys. Choose a cereal,whether it be special k or bran flakes, whatever you like, mixed with strawberries or blueberries and natural yoghurt.

Total calories for this breakfast is 175

Less calories than porridge with milk and honey and bananas :)

Natural yoghurt has 41 kcal per 100 grams while there are around 66 kcal of skimmed milk per 150ml or was it 100ml? one of those two.

Yeah, just an idea for you guys :).

Maybe you'd like to try this too.

You'll need a toastie machine, if not, then toast the bread first or get a toastie bag.

2 slices of wholemeal bread, cottage cheese, tomatoes (sliced), tuna and lettuce.

Add more salad or veg if you want or use whatever veg you want :). I'm gonna try this when I refeed for sure :D

Last edited:
both sound yummy yas! cant wait to have a toastie :D

Sound good Yas!

The only comment I'd make about the breakfast is that you may not get very much cereal for those calories and therefore it may not sustain you very long.
The thing about things like porridge , muesli & the like is that - although they may be slightly higher calorie-wise they are low GI/GL and therefore you're more likely to feel fuller for longer and not need calories for snacks.

This is one of the reasons I don't want to count calories if I can help it. (not saying that won't change though - never say never!) I'll use them to make comparisons between similar products but I'd rather try to not make food choices based on them alone.

Great ideas though - keep 'em coming! :) xx

jan, how are you planning to maintain?

h xx

Hi Harriet,

I'm going down the road of low GL I think. I don't want to get obsessive about counting anything - cals/syns/points/whatevers if I can help it. I know what I'm like :eek:
If that doesn't work for me I'll think again which is why I say never say never! x

Back