...hmm :(

Julianne_julz

Bears dont dig on dancin'
I'm in my 3rd week of SW tomorrow. This week I've only lost about a pound... if that, and don't expect it'll change for WI tomorrow. I have done WW before and always lost 3-4lbs in my second week, and 8lbs in my first. On SW I've only lost 5-6in total! Has anyone else found the weightloss slower on SW? I obviously know it is a different diet, but didn't think the loss would be this slow. I've done a good lot of exercise this week so I'm feeling really bad that only 1lb has gone :( It's not changed for the last 5days!!! Help!! Julz Xxx

I would say my weight loss has been slower than when i've dieted in the past however... I feel more in control with this plan, like i am changing my habits, and my thought process. Whilst i am frustrated, and the most impatient person in the world, i do try and keep a sense of perspective..like even a lb a week means a 4stone loss in year. i f that weight was to come off and stay off then i would be significantly more healthy than i am now. I'm in it for the long haul this time.

I am a lot happier about SW as it doesn't feel like a diet. I've not had sugar/junk food cravings once since starting so iguess that's a good thing. 1lb is 1lb I suppose.... I should be happy with 1lb a week shouldn't I!! Thanks for your reply. X

I was a WW'er before finding SW and I suppose I may have had a slightly bigger & faster weight loss than with SW, but I never felt so satisfied as I do now, I have to struggle to eat my daily allowances with SW where as with WW I could have done with more.

I am converted to SW now and am happy to have a slower weight loss because I know it will stay off because I am to full and satisfied to be tempted to stray of the diet....

In my first week of SW I only lost 4 lb and the week after 3 lb, but since then I have consistently lost between 1.5 - 4 lb a week! It all adds up hun, so don't fret :D

even a lb a week means a 4stone loss in year. i f that weight was to come off and stay off then i would be significantly more healthy than i am now. I'm in it for the long haul this time.

Well said! I have done exactly that- on average of 1lb per week I am now coming up to 5 stone. And this is the first time ever I have felt completely committed long term because I ENJOY this diet (despite it not being the quickest in the world).

And............1lb is 2 packets of butter- that is pretty amazing in just 1 week really!!!!

xxxxxxxxxxxx

1.5lbs in total, W'd in this morning. I guess that's good. I feel a lot better today that finally after 5days of being 197.8 I have gone down to 197.2 lol gone from 198.7-197.2 this week). I even yesterday feeling so crap didn't want to stray off plan, I'm definitely in this for the long haul, thanks for your words of encouragement everyone!! Xxx

Well done! Now go and put 3 tins of beans in a bag and lift it up and down 20 times! It's a significant amount! Remember, if you suddenly start lots of exercise then initially you will store fluid in the muscles. This sometimes shows as a gain :eek:, but after 2 or 3 weeks the muscles accomodate to this, and not only do you lose the weight, because you've been toning them they take up less space! Get your tape measure out, you'll soon notice a difference!

OK, how close were you to giving up because you stepped on the scales every day and saw "nothing"? Keep off the scales and just weigh yourself once a week. I used to be a scale-junkie and know exactly how it goes: weigh yourself, nothing gone, starve yourself; weigh yourself, nothing, starve yourself; weigh yourself, nothing, give up.

It's much, much better to have a slower and more consistent weight loss than give your bodies spurts and stops (think of the strain on your poor heart having to cope with all those changes. It's not healthy). And if it goes off slower, there's a greater chance that you'll keep it off.

My first weeks, the weight loss was rubbish. Then it settled into a decent rhythm of 0.75lbs-1.5lbs a week. (Don't be put off by my side statistics - I hit goal a while back and then lost another 3lbs before having a wild weekend which I paid for on Monday along with a visit from AF!) A steady loss lets your heart breathe and also helps with your skin's elasticity.

So a huge :happy096: from me for the 1.5lbs off!

x

Ah thanks both of you.
Judimac, I didn't know that about the fluid retention!!! Thanks for pointing that out.

I feel a lot better with all these great comments and will avoid the scales!!! Xxx

I'm a scales junkie too, ladies but I am trying really hard not to step on them every single time I go into the bathroom!! Before a wee, after a wee, with clothes, without clothes, right before shower, right after shower...... the combinations are endless and just drive me round the twist!!

I'm happier with slimming world than I have been with any other diet I've ever done and feel more motivated than ever!

Chin up Chuck - it's diff to WW but much more satisfying, I think!!

Ah thanks both of you.
Judimac, I didn't know that about the fluid retention!!! Thanks for pointing that out.

I feel a lot better with all these great comments and will avoid the scales!!! Xxx

Perhaps stop thinking of SW as a "diet" at all, it's now your new eating plan for life!

Hubby remarked the other day "who'd have thought that, just a few months ago, the top 3 items on our shopping list would be vlf cottage cheese, vlf yogurt and quark!!!"

The main point is that it works, you never feel hungry, and, best of all, you really can continue eating the SW way forever, without feeling deprived!

Good luck, you sound like you're doing all the right things and you WILL get there, even if it's a bit more slowly than you'd like.

2 packs of butter per 1lb - that certainly puts weight loss into perspective, many thank's for that, I shall visualise those packs of butter every time I lose now.

All I have to say is slow and steady wins the race!

1pound gone is still 1 pound gone never to be seen again!

Back