Hmmmmmm,

pinkyfluff

Grappling with life
I started SF 3 weeks ago with the intention of initially losing 10lb in the run up to my brothers wedding as my dress was a little too tight. I have lost 8lb and tonight I tried my dress on and it fits so nicely, if I lose much more it will fall down (its strapless). I didn't expect to lose weight so quickly as generally I only lose half lb-lb a week.

Obviously I am not near my idea of a goal weight yet but I have achieved my primary goal. So do I aim to maintain or shall I aim to just lose half lb a week? I do not want to come off the slim fast as I have quite a stockpile and it just seems to work for me.

Any thoughts appreciated.

x

I started SF 3 weeks ago with the intention of initially losing 10lb in the run up to my brothers wedding as my dress was a little too tight. I have lost 8lb and tonight I tried my dress on and it fits so nicely, if I lose much more it will fall down (its strapless). I didn't expect to lose weight so quickly as generally I only lose half lb-lb a week.

Obviously I am not near my idea of a goal weight yet but I have achieved my primary goal. So do I aim to maintain or shall I aim to just lose half lb a week? I do not want to come off the slim fast as I have quite a stockpile and it just seems to work for me.

Any thoughts appreciated.

x

hey - well done on your loss - FAB :D

As your dress is fitting so well....maybe you should cut back on the SF until after the wedding (unless you wanna get the dress altered ??)......and then re-start after that....

whatever you decide....good luck :)

Debz xx

I know I could easily slip into "old habits" I think I may stick with my SF for either breakfast or lunch so have 2 "proper" meals a day and see how I go. I think its harder to maintain than lose and thats hard enough!!! Will see if I can get someone to take a pic of me in the dress so you can see what you think.

Thanks for your reply.

xx

Firstly well done on a great loss!
When is your brothers wedding? Obviously you want the dress to fit not be too tight or fall down :eek: it is a dilemma. Could you get the dress taken in if it does get too big? Maybe two proper meals a day will be a good choice for now, although you'll have to be careful not to slip into bad habits as you don't want to go backwards. Just make sure the two meals are healthy and decide a set amount of cals a day to stick to.
Good luck.

If I can avoid having the dress taken in then I will as its quite heavy satiny sort of material and hangs beautifully at present. My brothers wedding is mid August, so about 9-10 weeks? When I started SF I really thought I would only lose 0.5-1lb a week, and estimated that I would need to lose 10lb to make the dress fit nicely, so I really didn't expect to have achieved that in under a month. Am going to try having 2 meals a day and see how I go. I don't want to quit SF all together as once the wedding is out of the way I want to shift the other 30 odd lb!!

Again 30lb is an estimate, when I can get comfortably into some of my old clothes I will be happy as I have always thought it should be based on how I look and feel and not what a number says I should feel!

Thanks

x

Back