Hmmpphh - stuck in a rut

Discussion in 'Slimming World' started by Louise24, 28 June 2008 Social URL.

1. Louise24

Louise24 Gold Member

Diet:
    slimming world
    Well the title says it all.... I'm fed up and don't know what to do.

I love slimming world, but I've been doing it on and off for the last 4 years. I did well at the start and lost 3 stone, but since then I've just stayed the same, give or take half a stone.

I want to stay with SW, but I know I'll do really well for a few weeks and then slip into the "STS" cycle.....

I've tried cambridge and it wasn't for me, so I think I may give WW a try, I don't really want to have to weigh everything, but I feel SW is so familar to me that I cheat. I need to break the cycle and get back to basics again.

Has anyone else felt like this? Advice pls xxx :break_diet:

2. Avatar

MiniMins.com Matched Content

3. abigail09

abigail09 Gold Member

Start Weight:
    11st6lb
    Current Weight:
    11st1lb
    Goal Weight:
    9st7lb
    Lost(%):
    0st5lb(3.13%)
    i feel like this right now. hoping someone can come and kick us up the butt and get us motivated again

4. tenbars

tenbars Full Member

Diet:
    Slimming World
    I think sometimes when things become familiar we do tend to think we know what we are doing and maybe dont get the results we deserve.
    Get back to basics. Reread the books and learn the diet again and fill out your food diary. Do not allow just one bit extra and fill up on fruit. Try some of the free food you havent got around to trying and drink loads of water.
    Go on stay on SW - we would miss you if you went
    x

5. Louise24

Louise24 Gold Member

Diet:
    slimming world
    Thanks both..... I've had a week off plan and really didn't enjoy it that much, I just came back from holiday wanting normal food again.

I'll wait until Monday (back to work / reality) and then decide what I'm going to do....

6. jo1

jo1 Silver Member

Diet:
    Slimming World EE
    I'm not on SW but i think the advice is excellent, just start all over again and write it all down that way you cant cheat coz it's written down x Good luck x

7. ang

ang Full Member

Diet:
    slimming world
    hi hun i have been feeling like this for a while now and i have decided to give ww a go and i start on thursday. i think i need to try something different as i am getting fed up with sw but whos to say i wont get bored off ww and go back to sw i think you have to do what you mind tells you to do . i spoke to my sw leader yesterday and she was really nice about it .xx

8. rainbow

rainbow Gold Member

Start Weight:
    20st4.5lb
    Current Weight:
    17st13lb
    Goal Weight:
    10st7lb
    Lost(%):
    2st5.5lb(11.78%)
    Diet:
    SW
    Im with you Lou (although Ive only been doing it for bout 5 months) but I felt I needed a break, so I had a two week break and am back on it now. I know what you mean bout getting comfy with it - what bout trying Fast Forward for a week to kick start your weight loss again? or writing everything you eat down and trawling through to see where you might be going wrong? or setting yourself little challenges like trying a diff speed food everyday or eating diff HA's and HB's just some ideas Ive been toying with for myself xxx

9. rainbow

rainbow Gold Member

Start Weight:
    20st4.5lb
    Current Weight:
    17st13lb
    Goal Weight:
    10st7lb
    Lost(%):
    2st5.5lb(11.78%)
    Diet:
    SW
    oh and how rude of me - did you have a nice hol? where'd you go? xxx

10. Taz

Taz Spam Hunter

Start Weight:
    17st12lb
    Current Weight:
    12st6lb
    Goal Weight:
    10st10lb
    Lost(%):
    5st6lb(30.4%)
    Diet:
    HGB
    Lou, I felt like this last year and I switched to Slim Fast for a few months. It soon made me realise how lucky I was to be a SWer and to have the freedom of no weighing and measuring! It was horrible to come to the end of your allowance and not be able to eat anything else for the whole day! The change worked for me but only because I'd become too complacent and started to take the plan for granted.

11. rainbow

rainbow Gold Member

Start Weight:
    20st4.5lb
    Current Weight:
    17st13lb
    Goal Weight:
    10st7lb
    Lost(%):
    2st5.5lb(11.78%)
    Diet:
    SW
    you know when you do Slim fast what can you have for your main meal? is it a certain amount of calories? x

12. Taz

Taz Spam Hunter

Start Weight:
    17st12lb
    Current Weight:
    12st6lb
    Goal Weight:
    10st10lb
    Lost(%):
    5st6lb(30.4%)
    Diet:
    HGB
    Yes you can have 600 cals for your main meal and 3 100 cal snacks throughout the day. But I just allowed myself 900 calories and spread it all throughout the day cus I am a bit of a picker!

Popular Forums
  1. MiniMins.com is a weight loss support community helping each other on their weight loss journey. We have a multitude of forums, from Slimming World and Exante, to Success Stories. Click the logo at the top right to return to the forum home page at any time.