Hobbies...do they help break bad habbits??

kaynnate19

I've just started crocheting, I've bought the new magazine series that is for beginners to learn how to ultimately make a crocheted blanket. I decided to start crocheting for a couple of reasons 1 being to try and make the blanket to eventually pass down to my son, 2 for it to hopefully help break my addiction to chocolate, i.e. to try and use the crocheting as a distraction technique and 3 to learn a new skill that again hopefully one day i'll be able to pass down.

I was wondering if anybody else uses or has taken up a hobbie to help break a bad habbit? And if so what sorts of hobbies do they have ?

Please share :)

Haia :)
I'm just waiting for my subscription to come through the post, is it any good??
I knit at night and I definitely keeps me from snacking even though I have to have my biscuits and tea every night lol

If it can keep you focused off food then definately. I used to be a real comfort eater, until I started blogging (although about food funnily enough lol) and looking at my family tree. It all keeps me really busy though, which means I am less likely to reach for snacks.

I definately recommend taking up a hobby if you have trouble staying focused and on plan. Family history is a great one. Your own history is always more interesting than others haha

Anweng yea the sites good, the food diary is really good and the there's challenges that you can do for your body magic and you still get awards and the features section has some good advice also the recipes and syn calculator is really good and you get use of the app syn calculator. Hope this helps :)

Thanks for the replies people :) it's nice to hear about other peoples hobbies and thoughts!

Back