Hobbies good to stress relief

Discussion in 'Hobbies' started by Geordie Annie, 1 October 2010 Social URL.

1. Geordie Annie

Geordie Annie Member

Start Weight:
    11st5lb
    Current Weight:
    10st9lb
    Lost(%):
    0st10lb(6.29%)
    Diet:
    Slimming World
    Hi

I have quite a stressful job. I was wondering does anyone know of any hobbies that are good to relieve stress.

I go to the gym 2-3 times a week, but need something to keep my mind occupied at home on a night.

Any suggestions ??

2. Avatar

MiniMins.com Matched Content

3. Miss Mango

Miss Mango Little Miss Wii Fit!

Start Weight:
    14st1lb
    Current Weight:
    12st7lb
    Goal Weight:
    8st13lb
    Lost(%):
    1st8lb(11.17%)
    Diet:
    My own
    Hey there Geordie Annie - fellow Geordie here :D I find cross stitch is good to help relieve my stress, you can get loads of different designs and kits. I love it, its relaxing and helps you to stop snacking on food too.
    Depends on whether you like that kinda thing though! Let me know what you find in the end :)

4. Geordie Annie

Geordie Annie Member

Start Weight:
    11st5lb
    Current Weight:
    10st9lb
    Lost(%):
    0st10lb(6.29%)
    Diet:
    Slimming World
    That's a good idea. I've never tried that before. Where do you get your kits from? Hobbycraft or from the internet?

5. Miss Mango

Miss Mango Little Miss Wii Fit!

Start Weight:
    14st1lb
    Current Weight:
    12st7lb
    Goal Weight:
    8st13lb
    Lost(%):
    1st8lb(11.17%)
    Diet:
    My own
    I get my kits from anywhere I see one I like, I have been to Hobbycraft but I think they're a bit pricey although I could go mad in there they have so much in! I go to the little cross stitch shops too, they sometimes have lots of kits in for half price if they're an older kit which has been discontinued.

You could try online - there are some great online cross stitch shops out there or you could order the DMC Brochure as they do great stuff too. What kind of designs do you think you'd like to do?

Popular Forums
  1. MiniMins.com is a weight loss support community helping each other on their weight loss journey. We have a multitude of forums, from Slimming World and Exante, to Success Stories. Click the logo at the top right to return to the forum home page at any time.