Holding you back from?

Ilm

Hi,

I am currently starting my own fashion business, in which i'll have to deal with boutiques and designers and attend shows etc... but I feel until I get this weight off I can't make any progress. i'll be holding myself back in fear of being judged. I also think i could have a real talent as a fashion stylist, but have never pursued this because of my weight and think that no one would want to take advice from a fat girl.

I was just wondering if other people feel that their weight is holding them back from anything they feel they could have more chance of achieving otherwise?

lol!

lol.... i think tbh its holding me back from alot of things. i was always happy go lucky and i portray that on the outside but the weight ive felt has held me back from just living in general if that makes sense.
also it hold me back from making my way through my new year resolution list cos its always at the top...:/.. x

same here! i was always the most confident person in the world, but its got lower and lower and now, im lucky if im brave enough to go out

Don't laugh but I've been watching Dancing on Ice and I'd love a go but no one could pick me up and skate around the ice rink!

Btw love the chimmney sweep one biker! lol

I'm the same. My weight affects everything, whether I should apply for a job or go out with friends so I know how you feel. Saying that, I love fashion, and if a confident lovely person as you seem, came to give me advice or discussion - either comercially or personally I would take it. Surely your talent is a skill irrespective of weight - just wish I had such exciting job prospects!!!!

It's weird how we view ourselves - but I wouldn't judge others so harshly as I jusge myself - you are probably the same.

KL

Reactions: Ilm
I realised I needed to lose weight when I saw an old friend I haven't seen in years whilst out shopping.
Instead of approaching her and saying hello, I walked away as I was ashamed she wouldn't recognise the humongous me.
Weight holds me back in every aspect of my life I'd say. My relationship mostly as it's hard to feel sexy with my rolls lol.

Good luck with the fashion business Ilm! You're so lucky to have such a talent.

Do not let your weight stop you from achieving your dreams. Go for it with everything you've got. Be the person you've always wanted to be and forget what other people think!

My weight held me back from absolutely everything! Walking, talking, everything! I wasn't living I was existing. I was fooling myself thinking I was happy with my lot. Now that I've lost weight I realise I was missing out on soooooo much!

I can run, jump, get things done with speed. I look people in the eye, I walk tall, I adore shopping for clothes for myself. I love fashion and am a shopholic, but because I was so huge my choices were limited. I used to put all my energies into dressing my kids! Now they're disgusted as all my energies and money are now focused on me! They hate me.

Reactions: Ilm
Good luck with the fashion business Ilm! You're so lucky to have such a talent.

Do not let your weight stop you from achieving your dreams. Go for it with everything you've got. Be the person you've always wanted to be and forget what other people think!

My weight held me back from absolutely everything! Walking, talking, everything! I wasn't living I was existing. I was fooling myself thinking I was happy with my lot. Now that I've lost weight I realise I was missing out on soooooo much!

I can run, jump, get things done with speed. I look people in the eye, I walk tall, I adore shopping for clothes for myself. I love fashion and am a shopholic, but because I was so huge my choices were limited. I used to put all my energies into dressing my kids! Now they're disgusted as all my energies and money are now focused on me! They hate me.

aww lol! and thanks for all the lovely stuff u said on there too :) Ive always felt the same way and cant wait to loose some weight and get all those nice feelings ur getting now ur achieving ur goals.

I'm the same. My weight affects everything, whether I should apply for a job or go out with friends so I know how you feel. Saying that, I love fashion, and if a confident lovely person as you seem, came to give me advice or discussion - either comercially or personally I would take it. Surely your talent is a skill irrespective of weight - just wish I had such exciting job prospects!!!!

It's weird how we view ourselves - but I wouldn't judge others so harshly as I jusge myself - you are probably the same.

KL

Thanks :) i had no job aspects at all! and i entered a business competition with a business idea i had and got through to the next round, the next round was a team building excercise that involved rock climbing, and i decided not to go cos i didnt want to embarress myself because of my weight, but i was forced by family to go... i eventually went on to win the competition and a trip to canada, thats why my names ilm (a qualification i recieved in entrepreneurship.. ) to remind myself to put myself out there and not let this hold me back anymore!

oh, my point is lol ... you can make exciting prospects for urself :) (got there eventually)

Every aspect of my life is governed by my weight, subconciously and consciously.. From finding something to hide my rolls of fat in the morning to showering at the end of the night, squashing this blubber into the space.. Yes my weight rules my life sadly//

exactly! :)

I used to love rummaging around second hand shops. The big clothes racks are full of 'old lady' clothes. But I'll be rummaging again in a few months I hope.

i do the same, i've a wee ritual, every tuesday after work i'm in and out all the charity shops in belfast. I find some really good things!

Back