HOLIDAY - Carbs

Discussion in 'Cambridge Weight Plan' started by Trigger64, 21 July 2011 Social URL.

1. Trigger64

Trigger64 Member

Start Weight:
    13st2.5lb
    Current Weight:
    10st10lb
    Goal Weight:
    10st1lb
    Lost(%):
    2st6.5lb(18.7%)
    Diet:
    Cambridge
    Hi
    I will be going on holiday to Italy next week and am really worried as to what to eat when I get out there. I really want to avoid eating carbs as much as possible. Does anybody have any suggestions? HELP!!!!:cry:

2. Avatar

MiniMins.com Matched Content

3. Gemsyo

Gemsyo Full Member

Start Weight:
    15st12lb
    Current Weight:
    14st0lb
    Lost(%):
    1st12lb(11.71%)
    Diet:
    CD
    Hey, I'm off to America & am a vege so facing the same problem!! I'm going to do salads with a smaller portion of carb than normal!!

They have lots of fish & meat over there so you should be fine to reduce some carb days!.......or the alternative is relax, enjoy every mouth full, appreciate the food then get back on plan when you get home

Xxx

4. princess.85

princess.85 Full Member

Start Weight:
    11st0lb
    Current Weight:
    9st2lb
    Goal Weight:
    8st7lb
    Lost(%):
    1st12lb(16.88%)
    Eggs for breakfast, salad for lunch, meat/chicken/fish and veg for dinner. Like a healthy Atkins lol x

5. Saxman

Saxman Full Member

Start Weight:
    19st2lb
    Current Weight:
    13st10lb
    Goal Weight:
    12st0lb
    Lost(%):
    5st6lb(28.36%)
    Diet:
    CD
    my CDC told me that life is for living if your going on holiday you have a choice go and enjoy urself and eat but keep in the back of your mind you now know what your putting in you and how long it will take to get it back off. i am going on holiday in November and i plann to break ketosis 3 days before i go so when i am there i can eat and drink like a king. safe in the knowledge how hard i have worked to be able to get there and be able to eat and drink like that. yes the 3 days getting back into keto will be rough but life is for living Enjoy your holiday.

6. lil_legs

lil_legs Gold Member

Start Weight:
    11st11lb
    Current Weight:
    11st9.5lb
    Goal Weight:
    10st3lb
    Lost(%):
    0st1.5lb(0.91%)
    Diet:
    slimming world
    very well said saxman!

7. Fitandforty2011

Fitandforty2011 Full Member

Start Weight:
    16st10lb
    Current Weight:
    16st8.3lb
    Goal Weight:
    14st0lb
    Lost(%):
    0st1.7lb(0.73%)
    Diet:
    Slimming world
    Totally agree with saxman! Enjoy your hol whatever you decide.

8. Trigger64

Trigger64 Member

Start Weight:
    13st2.5lb
    Current Weight:
    10st10lb
    Goal Weight:
    10st1lb
    Lost(%):
    2st6.5lb(18.7%)
    Diet:
    Cambridge
    Thank you will take your comments on board. Will let you know what the damage is on my return.:)

9. girlygirl1

girlygirl1 Banned

When you suddenly load up on carby foods after a period of low-carb, low-calorie eating the appetite can come back with a vengeance. I would suggest Atkins style eating most of the time with the odd treat meal. Or even eating low GI. Either way you will minimise the extra carbs in your system.

However it is a holiday, and as others have said, you can choose to simply enjoy yourself and then bite the bullet when you get back! Have a lovely time x

Popular Forums
  1. MiniMins.com is a weight loss support community helping each other on their weight loss journey. We have a multitude of forums, from Slimming World and Exante, to Success Stories. Click the logo at the top right to return to the forum home page at any time.