Holiday gains

moomintrolljen

Will be thin god dammit!!
Im back from a week at the caravan with the kids and am officially pooping about WI on wednesday - I have not been a well behaved moomin

Well, you were on holibobs :) Did you have a lovely time?

Get back on track asap, this is the most important thing right now.
Go to WI and hope for the best, you might be surprised but if not you know why ;)

Remember the holiday is over now!

i'll be poopin it soon!! got weigh in tonight....but then im away weds-fri then sunday for day out then monday-fri at butlins with all food!!!!
i shall not be a good little rick-lover either so im expecting to gain.

hope the gain is teensy moomin then you can tell me what you ate for real and i'll be feeling better about filling my face when im away!!!

well you were on your jollydays and i bet you had a brilliant time so it will be worth it.

if you have put on, the following week you will no doubt shift it and move on from there.

By the way did you have your night out in your wonderful sparkling dress that you had planned ?

i was looking forward to a report on how it all went and how fab you looked in your dress.

hope you dont mind me asking

Mate- 'normal' people gain weight on holiday. It is just the way it is. The REALLY important thing is what you do with the rest of the year!!!!

Make sure you put any gain behind you and get straight back on it.

It isn't what you do for that 1 week holiday a year that is important- it's the other 51 weeks that really matter!

Hi moomin,

I have just returned back from my holiday after 1 week off plan and I gained 2 lbs - If you have gained draw a line under it and start again ASAP - we are only human after all.

Good luck with WI on Wed.

I put on 9lbs when I went to Thailand for 4 weeks:eek:. I didn't regret it as I had a great time but I felt a bit demotivated when I got back. Part of me didn't want to go back to group but I knew that if I procrastinated I would only put on more. so I went straight back to the plan and I've lost the 9lbs in 4 weeks and I'm now back on track.

The worst that will have happened is that you'll have put on a couple of lbs which you can lose in a week or two. :)

Same here - been in Germany for 10 days and desperately need to get back on track tomorrow.
Have already been to the supermarket to stock up in readiness for the morning. Quite looking forward to it. (And going to the gym).

Mate- 'normal' people gain weight on holiday. It is just the way it is. The REALLY important thing is what you do with the rest of the year!!!!

Make sure you put any gain behind you and get straight back on it.

It isn't what you do for that 1 week holiday a year that is important- it's the other 51 weeks that really matter!

Couldn't have put it better myself!

Well I reckon a gain is fine as long as you get back on track :)

The majority of us gain whilst off plan anyway so don't be beating yourself up about it x

Heya

I just been on holidays too, had a 3 and half pound gain, and enjoyed every 3 and half pound of it!! I think pre SW I would have put on more and then not worried about it, until I had a depressing "fat" day!! When I got home I got straight back onto my usual SW way of eating and realised I actually missed it.
Life happens, its being aware of the fact that it happens/happened and excepting it and then getting back on the wagon again that makes this new way of eating work, doesnt it?

Helen xxx

Thanks everyone - my prob is i just cant seem to get all motivated again!
Emma - i did wear the dress but ironically there are no pics of me, well a few head shots !
I will try and get some for you - btw i felt fab in it!

I put half a stone on during my holidays!! Eek. A slow struggle now to get it off but I will do it. It never comes off as quickly as it goes on for me but hey ho, off it will come.
Hope it's not too bad for you tomorrow. x

I've just been away for two weeks and put on about half a stone. My WI is tomorrow and I've been back 100% on plan since I got back on Saturday. Hopefully it won't be a full half stone by then.

I tried to be good and some of my meals were SW friendly but I did eat a lot of extra bad stuff including bread and pastries. I also drank alcohol every single day which would account for a lot of syns.

I did find that by the middle of the second week I was really suffering. My tummy felt so bloated and bad. So I stopped eating bread, biscuits etc (but still drank) and I soon started to feel better. It's so great now to be back home and to be fully back on plan.

It was scary how easily I slipped into eating bad food but I think I was just in the holiday mentality and just ate because I was on holiday and was supposed to enjoy myself. In fact all I did was make my body feel bad. It was hard work cutting out bread and convenience stuff as there was much more shopping to do, loads of food preparation made more difficult in an unfamiliar kitchen without all the equipment I'm used to. But it was worth it.

ive got a holiday away in 5 weeks time Moomin and I am already worried!!! but as others have said - it is your holiday, unless you are stinking rich i dont think we have more than 3 a year do we?!?! so 49 weeks on plan - 3 weeks off plan - its a good deal :)

I am intending on being 'on and off' whilst away on holibobs - and bracing myself for a gain when i get back - and then i will do all in my power to lose it ASAP!!! im going to be perfect until i go on holiday - and perfect when i get back - and hope to reduce the damage between weigh ins!!! :D

Hope tomorrow is a pleasant surprise for you xxxx Missed ya whilst you have been away hun xxx

head shots are good, we love photos on here.

im chuffed you felt fab in your wonderful dress.

look forward to seeing them :D

Back