Holiday In June - Need Some Help

GemK

Hi all

I'm looking for some help from someone who has lost alot of weight already with the SW plan.

Basically, i am going to Cyprus in June for my cousins wedding and my mum and i are trying to lose at least a few stone each. We were doing extra easy but lucky if we lose 1lb a week. We are just trying original this week to see how that goes for us.

Basically, can anyone give us any added advice on what we can eat to lose those stones in time?

Not sure if it makes a difference but i currently weigh 20st 4lbs (i lost 13lbs in my first week but not much since).

REALLY looking for any help/advice on speeding it up abit.

Thanks in advance.

How much are you wanting to lose before your holiday? Are your expectations realistic in the time you have left because there is no point in setting yourself up for failure. Set the target too high and if you fail to reach it then you'll end up focussing on the failure rather than celebrating the success of what you have actually lost.

And try and think forward to life after your holiday because if you focus solely on that, what will happen when you get home and suddenly have nothing to aim for?

All the plans work so don't fret too much about which one to do to maximise losses, instead pick the one that fits with your lifestyle.

Unfortunately there are no magics secrets to losing the weight - it basically comes to down to doing the plan, and following it to the letter with no tweaks. I suggest you read the article in the current magazine on the seven secrets of successful slimmers and take it to heart, because it's spot on.

Good luck!

I would be happy to lose at least a stone...anymore is a bonus really.
I've been following the plan but since my first great week, the 3 weeks since then, i seem to be staying the same. I'm not sure what i am doing wrong or different from the first week.

I will check out the magazine and keep my fingers crossed.

Thanks for your reply.

A stone is definitely do-able between now and June, and actually probably more if you commit to it. I started off a bit lighter than you but averaged about 9 pounds loss a month. It's difficult to offer any specific advice on why you might not be loosing at the moment without knowing what you are doing. Why not start keeping a food diary and we can take a look to see what might be going on.

Take care
xx

Hi GemK,

I am a similar weight to you, and hope to lose 2 st before June (have already lost 4st).

I found the first 4st came off really quickly (average 3.5lb per week), but the losses are slowing now.

I find a get the biggest losses doing mainly red days (usually 5 red, 2 green per week), plus lots of swimming.

Cutting out bread, drinking lots of water and eating loads of melon and pineapple usually gives me a boost too.

Hope this helps - good luck

I havnt lost LOADS, but iv been at target since august after loosing just over 4 and a half stone..

My advise would be;

Positive thinking. Its the most powerful key to weightloss.

Vary your veg and fruit every couple of weeks..
It can be easy to eat the same sort of vegs and fruit alot, say apples and oranges.. brocolie and carrots.. i find by changing it around so im still eating lots of the good stuff but have a variety it can boost my weight loss. I got hooked on watermelon for 3 weeks, - eating about 4 whole watermelons a week to myself because it was shifting the weight, LOL.
lots of berrys and water. that always helps.
walking. When i really wanted to shift a few extra lbs, i used to do a 3 mile walk at a steady but decent pace would do the trick also.
Lots and lots of fluids in general.
Feeling the need to eat somthing naughty? pledge to eat a peice of free food before you reach for it first, if you dont want the free food, your not hungry. End of.
I find when i eat 3 big meals a day.. IE a big breaky.. a big lunch and a big tea.. is when i loose best, rather than grazing on food all day, even if it is all free. If you want to snack, nothing better than fruit. Adds to your five a day.

and last but not least. Dont stress. Dont even think about it. My best weight losses come when im good and prepared, but my day isnt revolving around food. if that makes sence? somthing when you want somthing so bad its very easy to focus every single secound of the day on what your going to eat. That way you feel more in control and on top of it right? but i find this hinders it.. aslong as i know what im gunna eat, what else is there to think about it? Sw is for life and is designed to fit in with your life the way it already is. Relaxing and not focusing on it all day long means a bigger loss for me.

Hope this helps. Be realistic, enjoy it.. and know that although you may not be at target by june, doing this is going to get you there a hell of a lot quicker than had you not started at all. - youl be so much happier and healthier. xx

Hi GemK,

I am a similar weight to you, and hope to lose 2 st before June (have already lost 4st).

I found the first 4st came off really quickly (average 3.5lb per week), but the losses are slowing now.

I find a get the biggest losses doing mainly red days (usually 5 red, 2 green per week), plus lots of swimming.

Cutting out bread, drinking lots of water and eating loads of melon and pineapple usually gives me a boost too.

This sounds just like what I am doing without the swimming but I am walking a lot. I have lost just over 2 stone in 9 weeks.

good luck :D

A stone is definitely do-able between now and June, and actually probably more if you commit to it. I started off a bit lighter than you but averaged about 9 pounds loss a month. It's difficult to offer any specific advice on why you might not be loosing at the moment without knowing what you are doing. Why not start keeping a food diary and we can take a look to see what might be going on.

Take care
xx

I did start a food diary here before xmas but then kinda lost it a little with not having much time. I need to start it again really...which i will.

Thank you again.

Hi GemK,

Wow, 4st that is amazing, well done.

I'm actually doing the red this week (usually on extra easy) so i'm hoping i can get along with this one better.

Thank you for your reply. I really appreciate it.

I havnt lost LOADS, but iv been at target since august after loosing just over 4 and a half stone..

congrats on your weight loss, that is great.
thank you for your great advice, it has been really helpful.

i will have to let you know how i get on :)

This sounds just like what I am doing without the swimming but I am walking a lot. I have lost just over 2 stone in 9 weeks.

good luck :D

that is amazing, well done. i would be sooo happy to lose 2 stone in 9 weeks.

thank you to everyone who replied, you've been very helpful...fingers crossed and good luck to everyone on reaching their goals.

Soccermom,

2st in 9 weeks is fab - well done!

I found the first 4st really easy to lose, does seem to be slowing up now though... I need to start walking again, just don't enjoy it as much as swimming. Good luck

Back