Holiday nearly over. :(

Blonde Logic

Yes. You can.
Well, hello peeps - we are on the winding down phase of our trip - we leave back to the UK Monday. :( :( :( I HATE this part - it is SO hard saying goodbye to family and friends. :(

BUT - the trip has been GREAT - for the most part. I will have lots to post when I get back and organise my thouhgts - but its been good and there have been some revelations, and some words said (by me) that should have been said long ago....gotta love new found confidance. Not so sure others are glad I found it. ;)

Diet in tact - no lapses to date - not one grain of anything. Feeling mighty proud of myself - as well as shocked and amazed. :bliss: There have been abuot 3 or 4 white knuckle moments where things looked and smelled soooooo gorgeous. I knew I would resist - but longed for a taste and had a couple pouty moments. So yay - getting stronger.

I have Piles, and PILES of new clothes to bring home. Really. Not sure all of it can go in this trip....not only did I buy a lot - and in sizes ranging from small (yes, you heard it here), med large and US sizes 12 and 14 whihc are UK 14 and 16. So chuffed.....went mad in the shops, and then my birthmother gave me a truckload - seriously - of beautiful clothes that she had set aside to clear out, and they fit or will fit beautifully, and she has gorgeous taste and spends a lot of bucks on her threads - so they are of named designer labels and quality I am unaccustomed too!! Beautiful!

Quiet day with mom today - then over to say goodbye to some friends tonight at a BBQ and Pork Roast. Pack for me. Yum yum. :D

I have discovered one thing - this is not an easy diet to do on the road. I have managed - but it has involved a lot of thought, prep and planning, and dedication - and unfortunately some days where I only had 2 packs and others where I did not get my first pack until after 9pm! Phew. Will be glad when I am a normal person on a holiday again!

Anyway - according to the very few scales I have seen on our travels, it is looking like I have lost a bit mroe then a stone while on hols, and I have BROKEN the 200s, and am now in the 100s which is fandabbydosey! :D ANd I know, without doubt, I have lost inches as yesterday when hubby and I were crossing the street in San Francisco, I very nearly mooned the queue of cars. My jeans, that I only bought 2 nights before we left, dropped over my hips and nearly around my ankles. Luckily I had a free hand! We got to the other side of the street and hubby ripped off his belt and passed it to me and said, "I think you need this more then me!" :D GREAT moment! Very funny!!!

Anyway - back to mom now, and hello and love to all, and congrats to all those doing well, and good vibes to all those struggling......

You are amazing!

Sounds like you have had a fantastic time and well done on losing a stone!:happy096:

Love Mini xxx

Sounds like you've had an amazing holiday... can't say how much I admire you for sticking to the plan... that is commitment at it's best!! We've missed you BL... safe journey back x

Hi BL,
I'm so pleased you've had such a great time. Just wanted to add that the planning thing will be a really important skill to take into management. I spend about half an hour preparing lunch for the next day each evening. I spend about ten to twenty minutes preparing my breakfast and about an hour preparing and cooking dinner each evening. Compared to the convenience philosophy I used to have, that's a massive change! The time I spent on food-pack planning in abstinence was a fantastic training ground.
Anyway, can't wait to hear more of your adventures on your return!
Linze

I am so impressed BL that you managed to stick to abstinence whilst on holiday and to lose a stone is amazing. I didnt have the courage to even go on holiday whilst I was abstinent just in case I was tempted, so I take my hat off to you, well done. :worthy:

wow BL you are a total inspiration abstaning the whole time you've been away. You're fantastic girl well done! Lucky you having all those lovely new clothes too! I'm going to buy loads when I go to the US in November!

Well done BL we really have missed your posts on here so we are looking forward to you getting back to more frequent posts
Lucky you all those new togs
I'm still laughing at the mooning
Enjoy the rest of your time with your family their loss is our gain cos they will miss you as we have

Great update BL. Youhave done so very well sticking to plan. It is amazing and you deserve the weightloss you have achieved!

THanks everyone!

After being here a month, I am having a hard time getting my head 'round the fact i will be back at work in a couple of days!! (Oh, BTW - found out a couple of days ago I have been made redundant! :D But not till 2009. Am I bothered? lol)

Anyway - thanks so much for all your nice comments - they mean a lot, and feel good, and I am proud of myself if I do say so! A very monumentous event for me!

See you more regularly in a few days!

xx

Back