Holiday strategies

anjuschka

Dukan Ancestor!!
Good morning all,

with the summer holidays upon us, I am wondering what strategies you use whilst on holiday (home / abroad / self-catering / resort / hotel).

We're going away in August, first staying with my parents that should be okay and then self-catering in a place (tiny Island off Germany) where the food on offer is probably a bit limited (ie yoghurt yes but 0% no chance). I am compiling a list of things to take but again that has to be limited (we leave the car on the mainland and take a ferry) and needs to include the whole family.

Should I just accept the inevitable, try to be 'as good as possible', but acknowledge that I'm on holiday, and then restart with attack once I'm home?

I'd be interested in your views / experiences!

Good luck. I probably wouldnt stress over small differences like slightly higher fat/carb yogurt. Just try and do what you can and enjoy the holiday.

Hope it goes well, let us know how you do.

My holiday is still 3 months away and I'm trying not to worry about it too much yet, I hope i'll still be on dukan.

I'm still trying to plan though, checking out loads of menus and working out the bus routes to the supermarket.
I'm mostly worried about the shift in cost, normally I'd do Happy Hour deals and set menus to keep costs down but most of that food wont fit (apart from the HHs which offer seafood). I will save money on drink though by not buying giant cocktails(as much ;) ).

I'm planning on picking a few meals where I order as I like and accepting I'll be unlikely to have any proper PP days and head back to attack when I get home.

The plus side is not being sat behind a desk for hours and hours a day and being more active during the day should help things swinging too far.

Anyone any tips for (longish) flights?

I think (with me anyway) if i went on holiday with good intentions they would most likely be thrown out of the window. Will be interesting to see how cheryl has done when she is back on thursday and if she has gained.

Dont ruin your holiday by stressing about yogs etc..what about oatbran LOL!!!!

Maybe restrict yourself to one naughty meal a day and make sure you have PV (no carbs apart from the green stuff) the rest of the time? saying that it prob wont be easy!

If i do go away this year it will be in October and Im hoping to be on phase 3 then so have 2 celebratory meals per week.

Yes, thanks sticking with 'no carbs' is the plan in principle, and I should manage quite well on lots of fish. BUT - I don't think I can go and not have a Breakfst Roll from the Bakery round the corner. It's tradition ;-) aaargh and what about the lovely Rye Bread :(
I'll be gone mid-August I'll let you know how I fare (including overnight ferry with breakfast buffet already pre-booked)

Anja

you too might be on conso stage then anyway!!!

Thanks Vicky, I WISH!! The Dukan calculator reckoned I'd have to stick it out till somewhere in September.

ah but you never know!

hey girls my holiday starts on 1st august 2 weeks all inclusive ,ive made my mind up i will be kind to myself and try and stick to healthy choices .

do u think im making a good decision and just building my hopes lol !!!!!!!

building your hopes up :) lol xxx

dont forget to pack your oatbran ;)

have you made you muffins for weekend yet?

im going to make them thursday ,how on earth am i going to fit in my oat bran on hols !!

My first holiday is in three weeks, two weeks in South West France, croissants for breakfast, baguettes for lunch and probably steak or chicken for dinner. Have a massive stash of UK chocolate to take with us as we buy loads on holiday and it costs us a small fortune. We tend to come home from beach shower, pj's dinner, dvd and chocolate with the kids.

However, I will be straight back on it when I get back and I am not going to waste time beating myself up over a weight gain.

Then I will have a further 3 months back on the wagon before my hubby and I go on our first ever holiday without the kids, a week, all inclusive 5*, adults only romantic resort called Couples in Jamaica. Before you ask its not one of those hedo places but there is a au naturel beach!!!!

oh you lucky devil. two holidays!
TBH i think if i was going away i wouldnt be dieting either!

Good morning all,

with the summer holidays upon us, I am wondering what strategies you use whilst on holiday (home / abroad / self-catering / resort / hotel).

We're going away in August, first staying with my parents that should be okay and then self-catering in a place (tiny Island off Germany) where the food on offer is probably a bit limited (ie yoghurt yes but 0% no chance). I am compiling a list of things to take but again that has to be limited (we leave the car on the mainland and take a ferry) and needs to include the whole family.

Should I just accept the inevitable, try to be 'as good as possible', but acknowledge that I'm on holiday, and then restart with attack once I'm home?

I'd be interested in your views / experiences!
Hi, sorry we havent had a chance to meet so far but ive been in south france for 2wks. I ate everything you can possibly imagine that is bad for me. My pre holiday weight was 10.8 and came home 11.1 (which i thought was fantastic for the food i had consumed) after day one of being back and eating "dukan properly" im down to 10.12. I think your on holiday so eat what you like as long as you are prepared to work hard when you get home again.

My first holiday is in three weeks, two weeks in South West France
Where abouts hun? We've just come back from Messanges. A site called Le Vieux Port. Can tell you lots of lovely days out near there if its ant use?

Thanks Cheryl that sounds very reassuring. I definitely intend to enjoy my holiday! When I come back I can slip right back into my old routine after another attack phase. Better stock up the freezer on fish before I go so I don't have complicated shopping to do on my return!

See your more organised than me already! Lol. It was the fresh stuff i had to shop for. My freezer was fully stocked. Have a great one hun. Youve probably paid enough so diet when you get home and make the most of it

Back