Holiday to Greece - need help!

Hel83

Hi all

I am off to Corfu for 2 weeks next week. I've never been before and just wondered if you had any tips on how not to pile on the pounds when I am away? Don't get me wrong - I expect to put on a few but don't want to go mad!

Thanks xxx

Just watch your alchol intake. The food in greece is lovely lovely fresh salads beware of the dressings and beautiful fish and meat dishes. Have fun and remember your on holiday so you deserve a treat or 5 :) x

I reckon as long as you portion control and not go crazy on the alcohol (if that's your thing of course!) then you shouldn't do too much damage.

I hope to be at goal by my holiday in September and I'm going to apply the above. Saying that, last year we drank every night, so not sure if I will stick to that! But I'll certainly have the best intentions!

I think as long as you avoid the things you'd usually avoid when at home I.e chips, fried foods etc then you'll be ok :)

Have fun! I'm mega jealous as I've got months to wait for my hols :(

You can have plenty of grilled fish and the greek salad is lovely but you would need to ask for the dressing on the side -plenty of fruit around as well.
Have a great time

Thanks to all of you for responding. :grouphugg:

You've made me feel much better about it and I have stopped worrying now. bring on lots of delcious salad, veg and seafood.

Im going to Portugal in less than two weeks and im so worried about gaining too much! I am going self catering this year which is good as normally im all inclusive and the unlimited drink/food plays havoc with your weight...i gained 10lb one year!!!

Im planning on eating my normal cereal for breakfast, a sandwich/salad for lunch and then eat out for dinner. Going to aim to avoid chips and go for side salad..thats the plan anywho. Plus i find on holidays the heat makes me want to eat healthier, less carby/heavy foods and more salads etc. I am going to walk loads too and keep on the move..hopefully the scales wont be too bad when i return!

Back