Holiday tomorrow - tips please?

Hi all,

I hate to rub it in, but I am off to Phuket tomorrow for 2 weeks. Really looking forward to it, but don't want to undo all my good work. I don't expect to lose weight, but it would be great not to put any on.

Any tips? We are self catering, but expect to eat out for evening meals.

Thanks x

We have just returned from our holidays & TBH by self catering you will prob just carry on as "normal" without giving it much thought.

We went to the supermarket & stocked up on all the meats & vegs, salads etc & I took my porridge oats for brecki each morning. For the day, we we're making packed lunches & using things like we would do for here.

I allowed myself to relax abit more than I would here, like drinks on an evening & I also was having bread & choc spread (tut tut me!! lol)
I am off to WI tomorrow & TBH I think I am pretty much still the same as I was before going now so am pleased.

Relax & enjoy your holiday :)

Heya, hope you have a lovely hol :)

You might wanna stock up tonight on Mug Shots for snacks and when you're there you could buy cous cous for lunches and lean mean (cous cous only takes around 5 - 10 mins! you cook up the veg in a saucepan with some fry light and garlic then add a lil stock and boil up, then you add 100g of cous cous and take off the heat, allow the cous cous soak up the moisture) that can be served with baked fish or grilled lean meat :D

On an evening I would stay away from things that LOOK fatty, this year I'm going to Malta again :D, so I will have to stay away from pizzas, olives, deli foods :( boohoo.. try to stay away from pastries and fatty puds

Btw in hot countries salads are absolutely lush, buy some fresh salad veg in but remember to wash them in bottled water - foreign tap water is undrinkable for some reason

Pack some Hi Fi bars, Fibre Plus and Alpen Light bars - these are great breakfasts for on the go

:D btw, have a fab time and if you do come home with a lil gain at least you know that you can get it off again!

Thanks guys. Have packed some Alpen Lights and some v low fat sausages (as there is a kitchen in the apartment). I think brekkie will be ok. I generally don't need lunch on holiday as usually too hot, but will put some Mug Shots in the bag for when I want it. It will be the evenings that will be most difficult - on the whole I think I will choose wisely off the menus, but you can never tell how things have been cooked (i.e. lots of oil)! Alcohol could cause a problem, but will try to keep it under control.

Good luck at WI tomorrow.

X

Back