Holiday weeks

evilpenguin

Not evil at all
Hi guys,

Quick question! What happens when you've used all of your 6 holidays? Do you just have to pay as if you missed the week??:confused:

Yep, that's right. Unless you've missed several weeks and it becomes more economical to rejoin than pay for the missing weeks.

Yeah EB, 6 weeks and I think it is calendar years. I've had 3 since I started in April and I'm going be taking more than another 3 by next April... I always thought having to pay for missed weeks was unfair, I mean if you tell your C you won't be able to make it surely you shouldn't have to pay? Obviously you have holidays for times like that but if you need more than 6 then.......??

It's to stop people having several "cba" weeks! There are a lot of people who don't go because they've had a bad week and if you had as many holiday weeks as you wanted I think people would abuse it.
If you miss 2 weeks it is cheaper to rejoin.

SW figure people don't have more than 6 weeks holiday a year so that's why you get 6 weeks "off".

It's to stop people having several "cba" weeks! There are a lot of people who don't go because they've had a bad week and if you had as many holiday weeks as you wanted I think people would abuse it.
If you miss 2 weeks it is cheaper to rejoin.

SW figure people don't have more than 6 weeks holiday a year so that's why you get 6 weeks "off".

That sounds fair enough.

6 weeks holiday is more than I get at work so works for me. :D

Oh well, thanks guys. Think I will just have a quiet word with my C about it! It's all work related so maybe it will be like the rules for shift workers and I could just let her know I won't be there but not have to pay??

Can you go to a group elsewhere EP? I think this is another reason SW give 6 weeks is because they say you can go to any group anywhere, although does anyone go when they are on holiday in the UK?! I contemplate it when we holiday here but never ever do!

Yeah I suppose I could get weighed at the morning class the next day if I wasn't allowed to take it as a "free holiday". I would rather be at class than be doing things for work to be honest, maybe I can get out of those things instead :D

i think i only missed one class this year (was in Turkey) so when i go on hols for 2 weeks, technically i still have 3 weeks i can take as holidays this year! x

EB have a look at your WI sheet next time you're there, your hols are marked off in the top left corner :) x

About the rejoining thing, when the card system came into use, our consultant stated that although the holidays were going up from 4 to 6 weeks, the £10 rejoining loophole would be closed, meaning that if you missed a few weeks and tried to rejoin i that calendar year, you would still be liable for the missed weeks payment.

This was supposedly to 'help' members who were serial rejoiners (me :eek:) stick to going every week and not taking a bad week off.

Anyone also hear this, or have any experience of it?

Nope scanbran. We let people rejoin and have been on the card system since the very beginning (circa 2 years maybe!).
Not heard this one - perhaps it her little rule!!

Thanks craftylucyloo, but at the start I didn't actually know I would have to work away sometimes.

This is my situation: next month there's one day where I'm working away and staying over, so won't be home after work as usual, it's the same day I have class so I'll have to miss it or use my holidays, I could get weighed the next day but it's a morning class and I'll still be away.. the other classes in my area are harder to get to and the one I could technically go to is ran by a woman I know and I don't really want to go to it.

I'll speak to my C next week and see what she says.

If you are working away and staying over, is there a possibility of a group nearby? From my experience of working and going away, you nearly always spend the night bored in a hotel room so might be good to have something else to do - you could try a search on the SW website to see if there's something nearby.

Thanks mandy, but again there are difficulties here! I don't have our agenda yet, but if the last time is anything to go by we only get 1 - 2 hours by ourselves, in which time I'll be having a shower and getting ready, because at night there is a big presentation and a dinner (not SW friendly either I imagine lol) and everything, so I would have to squeeze it into the time we get off. Not even getting extra wages for it lol.. I'm so annoyed - I just don't want to give my C a fiver for a missed week, but I don't want to use up all my holidays seeing as it's nowhere near April when my hols will be renewed - unless it's like in January they get renewed???

Sorry guys I feel like I'm being awkward!! :(

Fair enough, in that case, I would tell your C exactly what you've told us, explain you would quite happily go to another group but it isn't an option, and see if she is able to do something for you (ours sometimes contacts head office to override an absence if there are extenuating circumstances)

I think as long as you can show its beyond your control and youve tried everything to get around it (and its not just a cant be a**** week!) - i'm sure she will try to help if she can

Back