Holiday

haleye87

I'm coming off cwp and starting this diet June 1st and was planning to continue it on holiday.. Has anyone actually continued with the diet whilst away? And also what did you have for protein dinner when away? Thank you x

Sorry, I don't have experience of staying on plan whilst on holiday. I am also going on holiday soon and I wish I was going to stay on the diet, but it's not practical for me. I'm hoping to stay as close to low carb as I can: salad and grilled meat to reduce the amount of weight I know I will gain. Planning to stay strong and get back on track the minute I get home. Good luck starting S&S and your holiday!

Sorry, I don't have experience of staying on plan whilst on holiday. I am also going on holiday soon and I wish I was going to stay on the diet, but it's not practical for me. I'm hoping to stay as close to low carb as I can: salad and grilled meat to reduce the amount of weight I know I will gain. Planning to stay strong and get back on track the minute I get home. Good luck starting S&S and your holiday!

Thank you Hun.. Have u been on S&S a while? X

I've only been doing S&S for a few Weeks. Was on Cambridge a few years ago. Lost enough weight to go for ivf. My daughter is now 20 months old and I'm sick of putting up with the weight gain.
I've morally set my goals to coincide with holiday dates, do haven't needed to bother with dieting, though I do tend to gain when I'm away. Hard not to when I'm at "home" for a month and a half in the summer. This year I won't be at goal for the summer, so will need to think about what I'll do, but I'll be in turkey for 10 days at the end of the month, and won't be taking packs.

Where are you off to?

Absolutely! Great attitude. If you do struggle though, it's not all lost. Non-dieters gain weight on holiday too, they just go back to eating what they did before and the weight comes off. Same for you and I, but it will come off a lot faster!

I totally intended to on a short break to Marrakech in February but didn't think it through at all and it just didn't work. The Moroccan hospitality is legendary, so I had my story ready about not being able to have sugar when offered mint tea, they made more without the sugar and its vile! Could only do shakes and bars but my plan for mixing shakes in a water bottle didn't work so I didn't have much of a choice - eat their pastries or don't eat at all. Although I could happily leave the partly fried egg doused in cinnamon for another day!

Did a week in Turkey last month and took shakes but not intending to stay on plan, just had them as back up. I was surprised at how little I wanted to eat and stayed relatively low carb (apart from the beer) most of the time. It's much fun temptation wise in Turkey cause they serve every meal with chips, mashed potato and rice, but it is doable to stay low carb. If you can do that then you'll limit any damage.

I'm lucky enough to be going back to Turkey on 31st May, for 2 weeks this time. I won't be on plan again, but will take the shakes (and shaker!) again and stay fairly low carb. A massive full English can sort you out for the day - ditch the toast, ask for more mushrooms in place of beans and away you go :). We're staying in a friends apartment this time that has a microwave so I guess I could stay on plan, but I'm ready for moving on now and looking towards a lower carb way of life, so this will be an interesting experiment. I can totally live off salads there as they are outstanding. On e very important thing to remember though if you do stay on plan - make sure you get enough water to compensate for the changed temperature or you'll soon be feeling rough :)

I drink a lot of water anyway so I plan to continue that also planning to swim everyday x I'm gna have my 3 sachets a day and take my other half for breakfast or even cook him a brekkie and then we can go for a meal in the evening x

Back