Holidays!!

Hi all

I think this topic is interesting. Due to start refeed next week and have followed Lipotrim to the letter since 6 Jan. Not one cheat and it has worked.

I've listed to the Lipotrim CD over and over again and it makes sense to me that if the TFR worked you would imagine they know what they are doing when they give advice on refeed. And their refeed advice is that 60% of your daily diet from after the refeed week should come in the form of carbs, ie bread, pasta, rice, vegetables, fruit

Extract from refeed

6. If carbohydrate foods are reintroduced gradually and in the right sequence over a period of days, the glycogen will return to a normal and modest level without unnecessary weight gain.

Carbohydrate foods include: vegetables, potato, cereal, breads, pasta/rice and fruits. There are carbohydrate foods containing a lot of simple sugars - such as fruit - and those we term 'complex', such as most vegetables.

These will form the bulk (60%) of your long term change to healthy eating buy need to be controlled during refeeding and afterwards for those who have had an insulin resistance problem.

They go on to say in the CD that high protein can be dangerous and that the body needs very little protein on a daily basis in fact most people go overboard on it.

All very interesting and confusing.

A number of healthy websites I have been on sing the praises of carbs and say that as they release their goodness into the body slowly they are the best thing to eat.

Anyway saying all of that, I haven't a clue:(

I'm worried now as I'm only doing one weeks refeed before my hols. The pharmacist and helpline said this was ok. But, I wont be drinking on hols (not because I'm good, 'cos of my baby daughter!) and I am going to stick to 2 maintenance products plus a healthy meal at night. The chemist also said to have some carbs with my evening meal for my body to get used to them again otherwise he said when you do have them eventually you could gain a lot of weight as your body isn't used to them.

Aah don't kno what to do yet! Not planning on drinking that much at all when I'm away but I'm sure it'll come up! Do u think it would be ok if maybe in week three I started replacing a shake with a low cal snack such as a tin of tuna and maybe exercising? There better be healthy food in Thailand! Anyone been there before? I'm away for three months!

I have salad or veg at every meal, I just dont eat the worse carbs, like potatoes, rice and pasta every day. I always have carbs in the sense of porridge for breakfast, salad with pitta at lunch, and more salad in the evening, plus I snack on fruit in between which again is carbs, but I call these good carbs - it seems to be working, so I will stick to this for the time being. I tend to not have potatoes, rice, pasta at my evening meal as these tend to lay heavy on my stomach when I eat them later in the day.

Aah don't kno what to do yet! Not planning on drinking that much at all when I'm away but I'm sure it'll come up! Do u think it would be ok if maybe in week three I started replacing a shake with a low cal snack such as a tin of tuna and maybe exercising? There better be healthy food in Thailand! Anyone been there before? I'm away for three months!

Because you are not on TFR very long, I would seek the advice from your Pharmacist, I wouldnt really know what to do in your situation as if you only done TFR for one week, then ate the glycogen levels would fill up quickly. Best to ask at the chemist hun.

HI Mary

Have you started writing that book yet! All you say makes sense and on top of that you are living proof of it so I'm following your steps keeping bread, rice and potatoes to a minimum until I see how my body reacts. Also plan to add little or no fat to my meals as the experts say there is enough in the food you will eat anyway.

Also last night I froze some haddock fillets in anticipation of next week. As I was weighing them some weighed 3oz and some 6oz and I found myself adding 2 3oz fillets together in the freezer bag but then I stopped and kept the 3oz as they were. The eyes are often bigger than the stomach and old portion habits die hard! I'm delighted I stopped and took notice, maybe it is a sign of good things to come .

LOL @ the book. It takes time to get used to a new routine and I am just pleased its working.
I do eat bread every day, but only 1 pitta or 2 slices of wholemeal, but I buy the small loafs of wholemeal - so less calories.

3oz fish is still a good size, ideal for a lunch, or as an evening meal and fill up with veg or salad. You are so right about the eyes being bigger than the stomach too, I still have to stop myself sometimes from keeping piling food onto the plate.

Another thing I have started to do in the last couple of weeks is to eat when I am actually hungry, before that I was tending to eat by the clock, I now realise just because its 2pm, I dont need to have eaten my lunch then, so I might just have an apple, then have my lunch later, and this way I can make my dinner smaller too. All crafty tactics lol.

lol. I know. 3oz is i'm sure a good size but I must have been eating 12 oz or more before at a time if eye measurement is to go by!

In the same way as I have regarded my LT shakes and flapjacks as purely fuel for my body in the past 18 weeks, I am going to try now and eat to nourish my body rather than fill it. Oh God, all this sounds fantastic in theory, the first 18 wks worked, I just hope the rest of my life can follow suit!! Positive affirmations - " I will eat only to nourish my body............with a toffee crisp or two added in every so often as a wee treat"

A tip I learned while I was following the old core plan on WW is stop eating when satisfied, rather than full up. It takes your brain about 20 minutes to register that you are full, this way it saves that bloated/stuffed feeling.

I am thinking about following the core plan from WW to maintain my weight now that I have been maintaining for 6 weeks. Its a case of 3 meals a day but I would add snacks to avoid losing.

sounds like a good idea. What do you think of Rosemary Conley and her way of eating. I like her books.
Thanks for your kind invite on the forum. I've ticked the boxes so hope I've got it right..

gotta go to work for a while. Speak later.:)

You're welcome for the invite.
To be honest, I have heard a lot of good things about Rosemary Conley, but I have never attended any of her classes as there was never any near where I live, but it seems like a good one. Sorry I cant help with her books either, never read them.

Have a good day in work, I am in work until 06:20pm, then nights Sun and Mon.

Back