Homemade soup wil it affect me?

Discussion in 'Lighter Life Forum' started by lilscottishlady, 26 November 2007 Social URL.

1. lilscottishlady

lilscottishlady Full Member

Start Weight:
    19st10lb
    Current Weight:
    17st1.5lb
    Goal Weight:
    13st0lb
    Lost(%):
    2st8.5lb(13.22%)
    Diet:
    Slimming World
    I have homemade soup at home only veg and water, and i dont think it will effect me if i have a bowl its basically got no calories in it at all!! sooo tempted to have a bowl!

2. Avatar

MiniMins.com Matched Content

3. Christovee

Christovee Full Member

I would avoid it (I'm such a hypocrite!) only because the veggies may have hidden carbs that could hinder your ketosis.

4. lilscottishlady

lilscottishlady Full Member

Start Weight:
    19st10lb
    Current Weight:
    17st1.5lb
    Goal Weight:
    13st0lb
    Lost(%):
    2st8.5lb(13.22%)
    Diet:
    Slimming World
    I know I know I shouldn't but the fact I am feeling drained cold and tired its not getting easier!!! can someone explain to me fully what ketosis is

5. Nathalie20

Nathalie20 Cambridge Diet Counsellor

Diet:
    At the mo it's Cd - then the healthy eating one i hope!
    Don't do it!!!! It really isn't worth it hun trust me.

Stick to your 4 shakes with LL - can you not have one of their soups. The only way to really succeed at the diet is to stick it out and follow the rules.

In order to stay in ketosis you can't have any extra carbs/fats etc and your soup at home may have them, but that is the least of your worries. If you start making allowances early on it is easy to cheat and then it becomes a slippery slope. When you get home have a large glass of water and a hot soup or shake (choc is nice) and tomorrow you will be so proud for resisting and one more say into the diet :)

N xx

6. New-Me

New-Me can do it this time!

fab advice from Natalie - don't do it if you can manage. (read my post re disaster last week - it started with a v small salad, but then I wanted to eat and did so - which lasted for nearly a whole week - bad news).

hang in there if you can with your packs.
    good luck.

7. Deb G

Deb G Silver Member

Start Weight:
    13st10lb
    Current Weight:
    13st7lb
    Goal Weight:
    9st0lb
    Lost(%):
    0st3lb(1.56%)
    Diet:
    Cambridge
    Hang in with the packs, but have extras in between - such as the 2 savoury drinks you're allowed and hot drinks (coffee/tea or a hot St Clements with the water flavouring.

It will pass!! Also try reading 'Eating Less' by Gillian Riiley - she'll help you beat the food addiction that is making you feel like this!!

Popular Forums
  1. MiniMins.com is a weight loss support community helping each other on their weight loss journey. We have a multitude of forums, from Slimming World and Exante, to Success Stories. Click the logo at the top right to return to the forum home page at any time.