Honest opinions on SW

Today, at work, I have the following: (I am a snacker at work as my job is boring)

grapes
pears
carrots, pepper, cuc sticks and hummus
apple
ryvitas
soft cheese
melon
muller yoghurt
SW quiche
boiled egg
and have just had a diet coke and jacket spud for my actual lunch lol

I think i need to syn hummus and everything else is free or my healthy extras :)

x

Well done on that loss! My word I'd be so happy with that! i have at least 8st to lose so its nice it know it can happen!!!

This really does sound like my kind of diet!!! :)

Thanks for the help!

I am thrilled at how my weight is going! I never thought I could lose weight! I started SW at the end of Sept 2009 and as of last Tuesday had lost 4 stone 8.5 lbs and yes has all been with SW :) I love SW so much as I don't feel deprived at all, yes I have to make choices and not have things I would have had or if I do have things that aren't best choices I have to adapt, use less syns etc other days but I feel so much healthier phsically and also with my relationship with food.
Hope it works as well for you love :)

OMG - well done on your loss, that is fantastic x

I think everyone else has covered it but as I was typing this out for you then had a few phone calls I may as well send it lol :D:D:D:D:D:D

Honestly I think it has to be a change for good no quick fix fix, no fad junk has to be cut out/ cut down.
These are my personal thoughts..

I think this healthy eating way of life (diet) works perfectly for me and others because it encourages you to eat natural foods such as veg,salads,fruits then you can have pasta, rice meat, potato’s , it allows you an amount of cheese or milk, it allows you brown bread or cereals and then as a added bonus you can treat your self daily with up to 15 syns which you can use this on a chocolate bar , or crisps or a lot use it for condiments or butter …. Or even a takeaway but you might not want waste syns on these eventually as you may like me enjoy cooking new things eventually…

I have only been on it since the 14th April and I have lost weight 8lbs and the reason I am shouting about SW is because I have tried ww, slim fast, herbal life, Cambridge,laxatives, Atkins, slimming pills lots of different one not saying full names as don’t want to promote them, I am not knocking any of these diets as this forum is for everyone and different diets work for different people and to be honest I had tried sw before and could not get to grips with it but now that have Extra Easy choice and I have changed my mind set I seem to be ok … but I finally thought I need to sort out my eating and fitness so that I wont spend the next 32 years hating my weight .

Also I live on diet or zero coke and water ….. I would say go for it but you do have to make changes like having a fridge full of healthily options, I know I cant have biscuits or cakes, chocolates or any treats in my flat as I know I wont just have one I have to finish the lot, I have even began carrying Muller light, yogurts and fruit around with me to avoid temptation.

All I can say is if you do it right you will never feel hungry …. Portion sizes can be massive as longs as they are free foods … also you will find cooking is fun and you can make your own curries and they will be healthy and taste great and you will prob enjoy more as you wont feel guilty…

I can’t see no cons but it’s up to you xxxxx good luck xxxxxx

Oh and I confess I had my kit kat 11.5 syns early today but thats ok ... I know for the rest of the day I am on FREE foods :) xxx:rolleyes::rolleyes::rolleyes:;):D

Last edited:
Wow thanks Louise. You certainly do sell it well and congrats on losing 8lbs in 2 weeks. Thats fabulous!!!

I've also tried most diets and diet aids including stuff on prescription and nothing works for me for various different reasons...I, like you, believe certain things suit certain people. Now let's hope SW works for me! Fingers crossed!!! Thanks xx

Emsie thats a fantastic weight loss well done ! xxx

Wow thanks Louise. You certainly do sell it well and congrats on losing 8lbs in 2 weeks. Thats fabulous!!!

I've also tried most diets and diet aids including stuff on prescription and nothing works for me for various different reasons...I, like you, believe certain things suit certain people. Now let's hope SW works for me! Fingers crossed!!! Thanks xx

Thank you - lol - you never know I might become a consultant one day lol oh imagine ...

I forgot to mention I also have had prescriptions slimming pills not very nice I must say ...

Fingers cross for you and keep in touch on here let me know how you get on.. I dont stay at the groups I just have a pop where i get weighed ... if i listened to my own scales i would never lose ( brand new but dont work lol ) GOOD LUCK AND ENJOY IT XXXX:D

Best of luck Livi!! :D It really is a life style changing diet, but I think if we are all honest it is usually lifestyle that makes us fat and therefore a change will do us no harm!!

I used to take sugar in my coffee all of the time, but I couldn't bear the taste of sweetener so I just forced myself to take no sugar or sweetener....I couldn't go back to it now.

Good luck with your shopping, I remember my first SW shop.....I spent sooooo long in Morrisons looking very confused!! lol. xx

Best of luck Livi!! :D It really is a life style changing diet, but I think if we are all honest it is usually lifestyle that makes us fat and therefore a change will do us no harm!!

I used to take sugar in my coffee all of the time, but I couldn't bear the taste of sweetener so I just forced myself to take no sugar or sweetener....I couldn't go back to it now.

Good luck with your shopping, I remember my first SW shop.....I spent sooooo long in Morrisons looking very confused!! lol. xx

i can well imagine!!! Asda won't know what's hit them tomorrow evening! Lol!

I love SW - If you decide what plan to stick to (red, green or extra easy) & actually stick to the plan you will loose :D

You can mix the days to what suits you best aswell, so have a red one day, green or extra easy another & liek I say, as long as your sticking to plan you will get great results.

I joined in Jan & am just a couple of lb's short of 3stone loss - hoping i'll not even be that after my WI tonight!!

Good Luck!

I love SW!!! :D:D:D:D

It really is the best diet in the world! most of the time i dont even feel like i am on a diet! My OH cant believe the amount of stuff i can eat and he actually enjoys the meals too!!!

Its more of a new way of approaching food rather than a diet, it just teaches you to make better choices!! it can take a bit of planning, but its well worth it!

looooooooooooooooooooooads of luck to you - im sure you'll be on the forum after payday wondering what you were ever worried about! xxxxxxxx:D

Hi Livi

I've done SW before and lost 3 stone in about 6 months. It was amazing and then stopped, did my own thing, kept if off for a while and slowly went back on. Did Cambridge and good loss, very quickly, again, went back on.. Ran out of money this month as had a heavy car repair bil.. and had to do something to carry on loosing weight.

so.. dug out my old Optomising book (4 yrs old) and started following it on thurs last week, 2 green days and then 2 red and so on.. Peeped at my weight this morning and have already lost 4lb's!! I am doing it on my own to start with, cut costs really.. but might need to go to group soon. But just wanted to say that, its working and will WI myself properly on thurs morning and post. Good luck. xx

Just to say, that just like you Indie I used to have like 20 cups of coffee a day and 2 sugars in each one!!! (soooooo bad) but silver spoons sweetness and light mini cubes are actually REAL nice and I cant really tell the difference between that and sugar! I hates the normal sweetener too!!

Good luck Livi!!! x

Well, it sounds as if you've had your mind made up for you Livi! I don't think you'll regret trying SW though, as it really is so easy and has become a way of life for me now.

Fill up on plenty of superfree and free foods and you will be less tempted to snack. I save my syns for evenings as I like a bit of chocolate when I watch telly :D

Thanks Carebear, I'll have to give them a try when I want to feel that I'm being naughty, but really not!! lol. I really just cannot stand normal sweetener, so an alternative would be great :D xx

I will vouch for SW 100%. I only do EE, but other plans work better for other people. It depends what you like. I like meat and carbs, and lots of each! I do love veg too so the 1/3 portion of superfree is easy for me too.
I drink at least 2 litres of diet coke a day, some with alcohol and it has never effected my weight loss.
I ditched sugar for sweetener and can't taste the difference now.
Good luck!

Thanks Sonia...very helpful and just what I'm wanting to hear! Congrats on hitting and surpassing your target!!!:)

Well done on that loss! My word I'd be so happy with that! i have at least 8st to lose so its nice it know it can happen!!!

This really does sound like my kind of diet!!! :)

Thanks for the help!

Thankyou x It definitely can happen and I have maybe another 4 stone to lose to and have faith that it can happen with SW x Good luck and as others have said keep in touch and let us know how it goes for you x

Back