honesty is the best policy to get success...

jayde1148

Gold Member
Well tonight I rejoined a new group. Have been a member what feels like hundreds of times. In 2010 I lost nearly 8 stone gong from 28st to 20.7ish I think it was and I hit a wall which would not move! Tried every other diet and have spent 21 1/2 years messing about going from 21st to 24 and back again just yoyoing and I have had enough. I'm pleased I didn't ruin all the hard work but had I just stuck to what was working I'm sure I would have got through it.

Anyway I wanted a diary where I could focus on SW things and be honest about what was going on to be a place of inspiration and also support for when things do not go wrong. I need to learn to be in it for the very long haul and I don't want to kid myself at any point in this journey. So I tink that the honesty will get me to where I need to be and keep me on the right track.

I have done a shop and thought of some lovely meals to have and I am looking forward to starting! I have cleared Sainsbury's out of Low Low spread lol cant wait to use that as an A choice!

Hope some people will join me on my journey and help me stick to my very long haul!

first goal a 100% first week :)

Congrats on rekindling your weight loss journey, jayde. You are right that it will be a long trip and there are many of us here who are on a long haul journey. My feeling is that for those of us who are yoyo-ers we need to find a slow and steady path to weight loss. A path that gently educates us into healthy eating that becomes the norm. No short term starvation fixes for us where we then return to old habits. SW food optimising does seem to be the answer we were looking for.

Wishing you loads of luck and success. Stick with it through the ups and downs and you will reach your goal.

Popping in to subscribe and say hi. It's a pain in the ass starting 20st plus, such a long road, but take each day and week at a time and you can do it. Look how well you did before, its just getting back into that zone thats a toughie. You seem really enthusiastic and motivated. Can't wait to follow your journey x

Wow thanks everyone for popping by already! Its great to know that other people are on the same journey and it is so different for those with a bit more to lose than most!!

Have planned my food for tomorrow and will be doing some batch cooking this week. I'm planning on mainly EE but maybe some red days too.

Sent from my GT-N7100 using MiniMins.com mobile app

On track and no issues :)
Had fruit for breakfast and a snack, lots of herbal tea and now my lovely smoked salmon salad only 1 syn for the olives :)

Day one done :) have had 13 syns and made a loveky turkey bolognaise which will last me for lunch tomorrow and probably 2 other meals. Hubby ate it too so thats a bonus :)

Also made sw quiches using quark, 3 eggs, garlic and spring onion. I lined muffin pan cups with a slice of ham and filled it with the mixture, topped with a slice of tomato and a bit of grated light cheese. Works out 3 for an a choice, I made 8. So thats breakfast sorted, lunch and dinner will be salad with chicken I think.

Drank lots of water today too. A good start!

Sent from my GT-N8010 using MiniMins.com mobile app

Good luck on your journey and remember we are all on the same journey regardless of how much weight we have to lose. Slow and steady wins the race

Hello all thanks for popping by!

Today I have had another good day. Sw mini quiche for breakfast, left over bolognaise for lunch and an orange and I grabbed another quiche before rushing out to a seminar. Just had some smoked salmon on a wholemeal roll (b) and have avoided so many biscuits and chocolates you wouldn't believe! But I did it and I'm chuffed and I didn't even miss them.

Wow - 8 stone off the first time round?! I am seriously impressed and motivated just by reading that!
And I really like your SW quiche idea - will definitely have to give it a go. Good luck on the next part of your journey!

Right food for today has been...

Muller greek for breakfast (0.5)

Smoked salmon, rocket and cucumber salad and an orange for lunch

Jacket potato, king prawns, extra light mayo (2) for dinner

Snacks- french fries (4.5) cappuccino (a+2) muller greek (0.5) green and blacks dark chocolate mini (4) options hot choc (2)

Total 15.5 syns I'm happy with that :)

Good evening :)

So first weekend on plan is going well. Decided to not have any wine or too many treats because I'm not sure if I would stay in my syns and I'm not missing it! I still have an alpen light bar to have in a min and 5 syns if needed so that's good. Made the sw free kfc tonight but used turkey steaks, hubby loved it which is great!

Had a bit of a hungry day so have had lots of fruit for snacks and had to talk myself out of some worse choices so I'm chuffed I have done it today. I know it is worth it.

B- muller greek 0.5
L- stuffed jacket with left over turkey bolognaise 2 and low low (a) and sw quiche, orange
D- sw kfc, fry light roasties, ketchup and mayo 4 orange and mango

Snacks- 2 alpen lights (b) muller greek 0.5, orange, banana, French fries 4

Got to try and do some more batch cooking tomorrow and plan the food for the next few days.

Hi jayde I started sw from home yesterday today had porridge for brekkie salad mullerlight yoghurt orange n banana for lunch n jacket potato n beans for dinner this time of evenin I struggle missing choccie atm.

Hello :) yes its hard if you are used to picking on treats like me in the evening! But I just keep telling myself it is not worth it. Hope you do well this week :)

Yey, well done on getting your first weekend completed! It does get easier I promise. The good thing about SW compared to other diets is you can always snack on yummy free foods when you're hungry. Makes a massive difference to when I was calorie counting and had sooo many hungry evenings once I'd used them all up, horrible!

I'm having the most amazing dinner!!!! I found it on piste rest called big mac in a bowl. I would never normally buy a big mac but I thought why not! I was making hubby a cottage pie and wanted to save on the gravy and cheese he has to have so fried off a bit of the mince and onion separately and made a sauce mixing extra light mayo and some ketchup. Put iceberg lettuce in a bowl, top with some sauce, the browned mince more sauce, gherkins and a an a choice of cheese. I used the low low slices. It is amazing! !!!

Just nipping on to log another good day. Had a red day and had 15syns. I have a turkey and aubergine curry ready for tomorrow and can't see any problems for tomorrow.

My 100% week has paid off and I have lost 8.5lbs this week. I have battled a few temptations and it was so worth it. I'm feeling very happy and excited about being back on plan. The planning has taken time but it is definitely that which helped this week.

I have not had a treat night because I don't think that is a healthy way to view the plan. It also sends the message that something is different in the week and this is a normal eating plan. I nipped to salisbury so to get my hubby a loaf for his lunches and several times walked past something naught and instantly thought " I could have that tonight" and almost pined for it but no I am not doing it. I am worth more than that and eating clean healthy food is what my body deserves.

Tomorrow I am going to have fruit and yoghurt for breakfast, ham and cheese salad for lunch and sausage casserole for dinner. Job done :)

Sent from my GT-N7100 MiniMins.com mobile app

Back