honk if you were 100% today

I know this is probably really dim, which I why I have put off asking before, but is the "pink soup" you refer to the tomato?

Yes lol....it is the dreaded tomato...yuk!!!
Also i would never judge any question on here as dim....if someone needs to ask a question then that is another reason that this place exists for us to post away.
We all have questions.......have a lovely day.

Shaz xxx

The weekend was good, ta :) but there were a few food/family issues that caused consternation. Something to work on, methinks.

funny you should say that
my friends, whose 25th wedding anniversary meal I am going to next week were tellin me how they have ordered a taxi for us all to go
I said, so thanks, but I will drive

cut a long story short, they got quite UPSET that I don't want to drink

also there isn't the pressure of staying any longer than we have to, just in case

they really don;t get that you can have a good time & not drink !

its such a big part of their lives (they were making their way through a bottle of wine last night on a "school night") they get insulted by my not wanting to

weird

best sit well away from them next week in case they spot me shovelling carbs over onto OH plate

My friend is very large, BTW, and has tried to diet, but they live on a diet of M&S ready meals & love ther booze

I was 100% until yesterday when I had a flump! Bad gilly! Back on track now

Honk - so far!

My son made the yummiest chocolate brownies yesterday - all goey in the middle. I've just got home from work and did a 'shall I, shan't I' moment in the kitchen. You'll be pleased to know I didn't :)) But they are there in the kitchen - taunting me. Best get on with the housework and try to ignore them.

cut a long story short, they got quite UPSET that I don't want to drink

Some people get very defensive when you're dieting/making some sort of lifestyle change because:-

1) they're so entrenched in their habits they simply can't comprehend life without them;
2) Your abstemiousness highlights their lack thereof;
3) it makes people feel guilty, self-conscious or even 'lacking' that you're making a positive choice and they're not.
4) They are accustomed to you as you are, and may not want you to change, because then you may be different, or better.

(Have you not noticed a certain amount of resistance on a certain other forum? It's why I've not said owt. CBA with the criticism. Most of that lot are as supportive as Primark undies.)

Therefore they often attempt, even unconsciously, to sabotage your attempts to change to preserve the status quo.

None of the above are your fault at all, but may be aided by a calm sit-down explanation that this is important to you, and that you are trying to make a change for the better (even though you will remain the same person) and you would like them to respect that. Not a row, not to get defensive yourself, but a calm but firm chat.

If push comes to shove, blame it on your back problem/being off dairy/on tablets incompatible with alcohol... 'I have to do this cos [insert excuse here].... it's not like I really want to, but you know what doctors are like ;) '

I don't go on the other forum after the bullying episode by a long standing member to another, plus the time I said I had lost a stone, and all I was met with was tumbleweed rolling through. ;)
besides, 98% of the people I liked on there are on Facebook
or here :)

Fair enough. They were never that encouraging anyway! This is just a bit personal for me, and wouldn't want it plastered over a thread there, where someone was bound to say something ragingly insensitive...

And back on point (apologies)

Honk!

Honk!

Honk

Honk. And am so proud and chuffed for the newbies. So am honking for you all too. x

Honk for Day 6.

Unfortunately though my TOTM decided to make an apperance today and I bloat up and hold water like nobodys business. I think that I am going to be a little upset come my 1st week weigh in on Friday morning.

I know it won't be the diets fault but you always want the first week to be an inspiration to continue.

Aaarrrrgggghhhhh :(

Chill :)

You know what doesn't come off this week, will come of next week. You're in this for longer than a week, it's not a sprint, and the up-side is you will then have two reasonable losses as inspiration rather than one monster one followed by a week 2 disappointment. It'll be cool. :)

Thank you that is a gr8 way to look at it x

I'd just like to post a huge big ginormous

HONK!

For yesterday. And I'd also like to thank my friends and you ladies here who rallied round and helped me to understand that a minor blip (or nibble :eek:), whilst not desireable, is not the end of the bloody world and certainly doesn't mean I have an excuse to chuck the towel in completely and run off to cry in some cake.

FFS, what is my head trying to do to me? I have lost 2 stone, gone down 2 dress sizes, am getting compliments from all sorts of people and places and I deserve to feel good about myself, not see myself as the wicked witch of the west cos I ate a small bit of chicken!

I'm not going to be pushing the boundaries of what I can get away with any time soon cos I know that's the top of a very slippery slope, but at the same time if I need to taste something I am cooking for him, or I absent-mindedly help myself to a mouthful of chicken, or some cheese happens to fall in my mouth whilst I am not looking :D it doesn't mean I can't do this, it just means my iron willpower is in fact present and correct and keeping me from taking the nibbles any further.

I can do this. I will do this.

Onwards and downwards my friends, we can all do this...........:)

Back