honk if you were 100% today

Honk for today.

Unfortunately owing to a massive change of travel plans (cos I unexpectedly found myself without wheels this week), this weekend's going to be a bit awkward.

Trying to lose as much as I can this week to prepare for damage limitation this weekend... Hm.

honk

first mini honk? caught self just about to eat OH mash off of the mashing thing, it grazed my lip. he laffed, eyebrow up, when I threw it in the sink. Smirking, he said, 'you'll never do it'.............................
fren
how do you leave the scales alone? twice a day at least.

how do you leave the scales alone?

I don't. Daily, first thing. don't bother with the rest of the day as by then you'll have taken water on board, so it's pretty meaningless.

It doesn't matter as long as the score on the scales doesn't set the mood for the rest of the day. I just look on them as 'interim' results - it's only monday's I really count.

Have got used to not letting it bother me, as I can stay the same for days, and then inexplicably lose overnight. It's just one of those things wot happens... it all evens out in the end. Meh.

So, it's only a bad thing to do if you let it get to you. If you don't - who cares? Fill yer boots.

Honk, with a meal. Feeling good now - think my body really appreciated it. :)

Is that tumbleweed I see before me, where is everyone? Just as I get my head in the right place and can honk with the rest of you, there's no-one here to hear me.

Anyway, I would like to say 3 great big HONKs.

Onwards and downwards..............

Apologies - a slightly miserable and forlorn honk here.

Thought about blowing it, but didn't.

honk for Monday (after my birthday treats) and today. Last night I had a mixed grill and a bottle of wine. But I'm back at work now and so back into the routine again! Phew!

Well done MD, glad you were able to conquer your inner demons.

Thankyou - am just grumpy today, and felt like falling back on bad habits. But I just usually think about how much more grumpy I'll feel if I intentionally blow it for no real reason. And then I consider that if I'm going to blow it for no good reason, then what's the point in the effort and expense?

So I just go back to being originally grumpy... ;)

And there's buggerall on telly tonight, either; and have no energy or inclination to do anything more constructive. So have retired to the boudoir with the laptop.

I had a real grumpy day yesterday, did not blow the diet but did have some 0% greek yog and fruit so cannot honk, have had some fruit today also. Better than sweeties or choc!
Bren xx

honkette, ate one beef cube out of his casserole, I crave meat, he accidentally knocked me out of k, full can of wrong coke, bless him, didnt have his specs on. I think I may have to have evening small meal, perhaps its so hard cos I am weak or 'cos i only need to shift 18-20lbs?
fren
reading up on Dukan for maintenance, it makes sense, for non-vegies.

TBH, no-one's in charge, it's entirely up to you. On the plus side - you get what you're craving. On the down side - it'll dent your losses. It's swings and roundabouts, innit. But to do this 100%, for weeks on end, isn't easy.

The recommendations as to which solution to follow are worked out in accordance with BMI - varies as to whether you are +/- BMI of 25.

Last edited:
Welcome back to 100% honking Gina :D

100% here but if my cravings were taken into consideration it would be a major fail. Never bothered me until now but this week has been so bad it is as though I can 'taste' the food before the craving if that makes sense :wave_cry:

Love Myr xxx

Honk

No honk today, but ate for what I believe were the *right* reasons, rather than giving in to cravings.

After being ill for most of the week, I went back to work today, felt very washed out and wibbly (well, I wasn't languishing round the house) so 'treated' myself to a small 400cal dinner of mostly veg and protein. (And a slightly off-plan pudding. But we'll gloss over that. But hey, I'm honest.)

Actually feel better for it already. It's not like me to do that sort of thing (gasp! the horror!), but I really think I needed the fortification.

Will be away for the weekend from tomorrow lunchtime, so weekend will be a bit off-plan too, but that's okay.

Miss D - I think as long as you plan these things and think about them and consider it, and then eat for the right reasons it's a good thing. It shows you have control and it's probably really important to be able to eat a bit, have fun and then get back to it. IMO it's what most people who are or have been overweight need to learn - you can have treats sometimes but not all the time as a matter of course. I've been thinking a lot about all this kind of stuff since my nibbles at the weekend, and getting back on it and feeling ok about it is something I NEVER would have done before - I would have beat myself up about it and then jacked the diet in.

Miss D - I think as long as you plan these things and think about them and consider it, and then eat for the right reasons it's a good thing. It shows you have control and it's probably really important to be able to eat a bit, have fun and then get back to it. IMO it's what most people who are or have been overweight need to learn - you can have treats sometimes but not all the time as a matter of course. I've been thinking a lot about all this kind of stuff since my nibbles at the weekend, and getting back on it and feeling ok about it is something I NEVER would have done before - I would have beat myself up about it and then jacked the diet in.

Indeedy - I quite agree. I generally don't have an issue with anything that I've chosen to do, and at least thought about! I'm actually a huge advocate of making one's own choices in this, as after all, they are one's own to make.

If you've thought about it and are prepared to either work with the diet or accept the consequences, then there should be no reason to beat yourself up.

But if we approached every aspect of life the way most people approached diets (ie one relatively minor cock-up is a failure of the entire endeavour) we would never learn to drive, pass exams, put wallpaper up, raise families, cook... Whatever.

On another note, I know my hands are cold, but my engagement ring now needs proper resizing. Bum.

Back