Hooblet's Pursuit of Happyness

Hooblet

Hi everyone :)

I joined Slimming World a couple of weeks ago, and have (quite literally) a butt-load of weight to lose as I initially weighed in at 20st 2lbs (eeeek!)

I want to do this properly and have accepted it will take as long as it takes. I'm hoping to have lost the majority over the next two years.

I have a 3 year old and a 1 year old and have piled on a few stone while having them, but was a bonny lass before that as I have the world's worst sweet tooth (I want all the cake all the time). I've always been the fattest one at school or work, but since I've had my little ones I am determined to be a good example for them. I badly want them to grow up seeing me eat fresh, healthy food properly and regularly - no crash diets for me! I'm too scared to take my gorgeous little lad to Legoland this year in case I don't fit on the rides, and I can't have that for the rest of his childhood.

I'm just looking to find a balance, really. I tend to eat my feelings (happy, sad, especially stress) so I know this will be a bit of a journey for me as I need to figure out how else to deal with everything. I'm hoping to get stuck into a bit of exercise as an antidote to stress and anxiety. So far I'm really enjoying the plan and feel really well, yay!

My first week I lost 2lbs (decided not to be too strict over Mother's Day weekend :))
Last week I lost 5.5lbs - absolutely thrilled with it, and got Slimmer of the Week - whooop :flirt2:

So currently weigh 19st 8.5lbs, and my next weigh in is on Wednesday. My main goal this week has been to up my water to 6 or 8 glasses a day, which I'm doing ok with so far.

I've been a lurker on this board for a few weeks, and have picked up some great tips and recipes, and am looking forward to updating my progress as I go forward, and keep up to date with everyone else's!

Hooblet xoxo

Thanks! Weigh in tonight. Yikes.

Have been giving it my best college try the last couple of days, but we are all full of cold etc, so if anything I probably haven't eaten enough.

Keep on swimming though, as they say :)

Lost 3lbs! Chuffed with that :0) We're off to my mum's for Easter Sunday, so trying to be as on plan as possible until then so I can have a nice Sunday dinner.

We've decided not to have easter eggs this year (I inhale them and could eat several in a sitting, om nom nom) so going to treat myself to yorkshires and everything :)

It'll be a bit tough watching the kids have chocs and resisting myself, but it'll be worth it in the long run!

Got the new Slimming World mag yesterday so might try a recipe from that for my tea tonight, I fancy something a bit different. :)

xoxo

Back