Hoping this will all be worth it!

emmy2009

Hi everyone,

This is day 2 of SS, had a really bad headache this morning but think that may be to do with the fact that I havent had a cup of tea for 2 days!

Finding it hard to drink so much water.

Just need to give this 1st week a go and see how I get on and see if I like what the scales will tell me!

How are other newbies getting on?

Emily

Keep going and you'll LOVE what the scales tell you.

I'm only half way through day 1 (so far so good!! lol).

It's a means to an end that's all & it'll be worth it.

You can do it and you'll be so pleased you did. x

My headaches have been rubbish too, but am sure they will improve. Am on day 4, so only a couple of days ahead of you.

Keep going hun, end of week one is in sight

Charlie xx

Hi Emmy! Welcome to the madness. :D

It's soooo worth it, hun. Just keep chugging through each day and before you know it, you'll be a stone less than you are now!

How much weight do you need to lose (if that's not too nosey a question? :D)

Keep going, it's totally worth it! It's an amazing feeling to see the stones go down so quickly!

Hi everyone,

This is day 2 of SS, had a really bad headache this morning but think that may be to do with the fact that I havent had a cup of tea for 2 days!

Finding it hard to drink so much water.

Just need to give this 1st week a go and see how I get on and see if I like what the scales will tell me!

How are other newbies getting on?

Emily

Hi Emily! :)
Sorry to hear you have the dreaded ketosis headache. Please rest assured it will go soon and you will be feeling larger than life! I have had a week off for the Christmas period and I am just getting into ketosis (I have a bad head today too - paracetamol is my new friend!)

I missed tea when I came onto CD (Before the diet, mine was white with 1 sugar!) I was given a great tip by my CDC and use it on a daily basis now - it's my saviour. Each morning I make up my vanilla shake for brekkie, but save a tad bit of the shake to use as milk for my morning cuppa :D:D:D The sweetness from the vanilla shake means I don't need to add any sweetners. I was also told that some people use butterscotch shake instead of vanilla as it isn't as sweet. Hope this helps you! ;)

Water is difficult at first, I found it difficult. What I do is buy the 1 litre volvic bottle and know that I have to have at least 2 each day - but I do aim for 3 really. I find that the water seems less somehow! Might be worth investing in a litre bottle.

Best of Luck for weigh in. Let us know how you get on.

It WILL be sooooooo worth it!!! :p

Hugs x x x

Hi Everyone,

Thank you everyone for all of your replies, its so nice that I can tell you all how I feel and no that I am not alone!

I am getting married on 4th April (Easter Sunday) and would like to lose 2.5 stone! Was a bit worried as thought I had left it too late!

My dress is a size 12! Fingers crossed!

Had vegetable soup yesterday and it was awful! Working my way through all the flavours. In 2 weeks my CDC said that I can have the bars?

Need to drink more water, but its so borinbg.

Just hope that the scales are in my favour for weigh in on Thursday!

Sorry I do go on a bit!

Hope you all had a lovely Christmas!

x

you might need a smaller dress by April! lol!
Try all the flavours of soups and shakes, then stick to your faves!
you do get used to the water... honest!

So what flavours are you liking at the moment then? I'm only on day one so I've only had three things so far!

Bet you can lose the weight if you really stick to it, and as AlyB said, you may well need a smaller dress!!!!!!

Not even tried the veggie soup, have got chicken and mushroom to try tomorrow just hope it is ok.

Scales will be in your favour Thurs if you have stuck to it. Keep going hun, you are doing great.

Charlie xx

I had the vegetable one tonight. It's ok I think, a bit like slimming cup-a-soup!

I love the veg soup! give it another go!
I also have the chicken and mushroom, and the leek and potato :)
xxx

I've never been fond of the vegetable soup (it's just about palatable with a teaspoon of curry powder in it, but I don't know if you're still allowed to do that - anyone know? The rules have changed a bit since I first did CD).

My fave soup is chicken and mushroom, and I can stand leek and potato. But the shakes are my salvation, particularly chocolate tetras. Versatile little things - great if you split them and top up with hot water for a really yummy hot chocolate drink.

But everyone on this diet gets their own personal faves in the end. Some people love spicy tomato soup, I don't... :sign0137:

Two and half stones by April is very do-able, so hang in there, hun. I promise it'll be worth it if you do!

Back