Hoping to join

Rkmriddell

Gold Member
Hi

I've a meeting booked with a consultant on Monday and am hoping to start cd. I've been on one diet or another for six years odd and hate myself. I'm hoping this will help me to address the issues I have with food. I know it's going to be tough. I have about five stone to lose.

I'm hoping people can share their experiences with me so far? Any tips and also anyone who has done and maintained as there seems to be a lot of negativity towards this diet when I'm looking on line?

Thanks x

Sent from my iPhone using MiniMins

Hi there, ignore all the negativity out there, this diet works wonderfully if you're willing to stick with it.

I first did it in 2008 and got to target, I gained a bit initially afterwards but that's because I didn't work up the plans properly. I maintained until this year when I tore my calf muscle. This meant I went from being active to essentially sofa bound for 2 months, then even after that still unable to exercise properly for a while.

As a result I slipped back into my old eating habits, I found it easier to snack than cook properly etc (the type of habits that lead me to put the weight on in the first place). So I managed to gain 3 stone since January and now I'm back to Cambridge to shift it because it's the only diet that has ever worked for me.

As for gaining all the weight back as soon as you finish dieting and start eating again.... That can happen with absolutely any diet if you don't address your old eating habits! I firmly believe that working up the and at the end introduces you to correct portion control, slowly reintroduces carbs and stops the potentially big (8lbs for me) glycogen gain when carbs are suddenly reintroduced.

Don't listen to the doubters, have a read through some diaries and see what you think. Cambridge conforms to the NICE Guidelines on obesity, so as long as you stick to the diet as it's meant to be stuck to it's safe. Hope this helps x

You know a diet is what you make it...be positive it will work if you follow it and having your head in the right place helps. good luck I've got to -50lb today in 12 weeks years of being overweight I am so motivated right now. Come on you CAN do this.

loulouless said:
You know a diet is what you make it...be positive it will work if you follow it and having your head in the right place helps. good luck I've got to -50lb today in 12 weeks years of being overweight I am so motivated right now. Come on you CAN do this.

I totally agree!! I find with Cambridge the bigger losses keep me motivated to keep going, with SW and WW I was losing 1lb a week and when I had 70lbs to lose it seemed like I'd never get there, but it took me 16/17 weeks on Cambridge :D

Hi,

Good luck for Monday :) I am currently on day 3 and really looking forward to watching my progress as I too have about 5 stone to lose :) I did lighterlife a few years ago and its surprising how fast the weeks go by and before you know it, ul be approaching your goal and feeling fantastic!! I look forward to seeing how you get on x

Thanks everyone. Really agree with everything you've said and am looking forward to finding out everything tomorrow night x

Sent from my iPhone using MiniMins

Good luck - looking forward to sharing your journey - PGD x

Back