Horrible kids

Bellevie

Just been for a walk and on the way back walked passed a child playing in his garden and he looked at me then shouted at a child in the next garden 'look at the fat woman walking down the road'. As I walked past this next garden the child there shouted 'yeah, she is a fat woman'. They both then continues to shout between themselves about how fat I am.

Feel absolutely, utterly miserable and want to cry :(

Oh you poor thing, I would be in pieces if that happened to me! I don't even want to type what I think of those people! The child I suppose you can ignore but the adult should know better. X

(that's just the sort of thing that would have me eating junk if it happened to me)

They are obviously badly brought up and bad mannered, ignore them they will grow up and have their own problems.

Dont feel bad because of ill mannered brats.

Just been for a walk and on the way back walked passed a child playing in his garden and he looked at me then shouted at a child in the next garden 'look at the fat woman walking down the road'. As I walked past this next garden the child there shouted 'yeah, she is a fat woman'. They both then continues to shout between themselves about how fat I am.

Please don't let this get you down hun, these kids are just horrible little ikes whose parents have no doubt taught them no manners, no sense of right or wrong and they just don't know any better.

I know it has probably made you feel dreadful, but the worst thing you could do it eat to try and help your emotions. Stay strong, hold your head up high and remember what a beautiful person you are and just imagine walking past them when you are at target, they won't be calling names then!

Keep smiling :) xx

Be strong and remember your own goals hun, I know it's hard but you've got to walk tall and ignore them because they're just (badly brought up!) kids that don't know their manners
Think about who you're doing this for - yourself! ..but it wouldnt hurt to imagine the look on their faces when you walk past a lovely slim new you xx

Oh you poor thing, I would be in pieces if that happened to me! I don't even want to type what I think of those people! The child I suppose you can ignore but the adult should know better. X

(that's just the sort of thing that would have me eating junk if it happened to me)

Have I missed an adult here ???

Junk food...........no..............no.......no !!!

I know it is really hard when we are slightly larger than the accepted norm and how easy it is to say ignore it.

Easier said than done.

Just tell yourself, " I am doing something about it. I will reached target "

Do not let kids who know no better upset you or throw you off track.

You are the adult,time to be one and just pity the poor mites. They are going to grow up into awful people.

Last edited:
Have I missed an adult here ???

Junk food...........no..............no.......no !!!

I know it is really hard when we are slightly larger than the accepted norm and how easy it is to say ignore it.

Easier said than done.

Just tell yourself, " I am doing something about it. I will reached target "

Do not let kids who know no better upset you or trow you off track.

You are the adult,time to be one and just pity the poor mites. They are going to grow up into awful people.

Yes, you are very correct. I'm sorry, it was pretty silly of me to just say ignore when I myself would probably feel just as bad. We can't help feeling bad.
But you did the right thing coming here and venting, to people who are sympathetic and in the same boat as you :) xx

I can't imagine how hurt you are!

When I was younger, I would never have thought about someone's weight - let alone comment on it! I'm pretty sure I'd have had a mighty telling off if I had.

Try looking at it as a sign of how bad our society has become rather than a personal opinion about your weight and use it as a tool to drive you forward on your journey.

Hugs.................that sucks. You have to feel sorry for the poor little mites - obviously being dragged up instead of brought up! They're just little tw*ts who are going to grow into big tw*ts

Please don't let it upset you and send you off course - you're doing so so well

xxxx

I would use the anger I felt (and i would be so angry!) to fuel my determination to lose weight.. Then if they're still living there by the time you have lost weight and go back and walk proudly past them again!

Children can be so cruel sometimes unfortunately..

Just been for a walk and on the way back walked passed a child playing in his garden and he looked at me then shouted at a child in the next garden 'look at the fat woman walking down the road'. As I walked past this next garden the child there shouted 'yeah, she is a fat woman'. They both then continues to shout between themselves about how fat I am

That is totally disgusting and if that had been me I would have got home and cried my eyes out. Don't let it get you down to much though, you are doing sw now and don't let a couple of rude little brat's drive you to eat junk, instead remember that comment and how it made you feel to keep you on track ... Chin up hun x x x x

Big hugs hun. But at least you have accepted that you are overweight and your doing something about it. Better than walking down the street in total denial and them shouting it. Just think what it will be like when your at target and they'll be shouting look at that stunning woman walking down the street.

Hi all,

Thanks so much for your support and kind words. I'm still feeling pretty horrible and upset; it was just SO humiliating! And I know they are only kids but it's hard not to think that they're just saying what (most) adults wouldn't dare to. I'm starting a new job tomorrow and I am always, always self-conscious about my weight around new people so it's knocked my confidence at a time when I could really do without it.

Like you've said though, I'm doing something about it by being on SW and I am trying to remain focussed. Last night I did eat more than usual but I stuck to free foods ... I did have one glass of wine and went over my syns for the week as a result but better than just completely blowing it I guess. The temptation to just sit here and stuff myself silly all day is pretty strong but I know that's not the right way to handle it.

Think it'll take me a while to stop feeling down about it but am really glad I can come here to vent and get lots of positive feedback!

Thanks all :) x

I'd have set fire to them;)

Yeah!!! Stevie boy for president !!!!

Hi all,

I'm starting a new job tomorrow and I am always, always self-conscious about my weight around new people so it's knocked my confidence at a time when I could really do without it.

I understand totally how you feel but looking at your stats you are a long way from being grossly overweight.

You go to your new job with your head held high Be proud on several counts one that you got the new job, they must have thought that you were the best for it remember those words *THE BEST*, another that you are intelligent enough to see that you have a weight problem and have acted on it instead of thinking it will go away on it's own.

Good luck on your first day. Have a brilliant day. Don't let a couple of ignorant little oiks spoil it for you.
hugs xxx

Well done for not letting this push you off track - you are allowed a cheeky glass of wine now and then!

Keep thinking about how it's going to feel to get on those scales and see a loss after the hard time you've had.

Good luck in your new job!

Do you want to lose weight? Yes.

Are you doing something about it? Yes.

Be proud of that. You will do this. :) promise x

Back