Hot or cold?

Discussion in 'Cambridge Weight Plan' started by kathsarah, 15 November 2007 Social URL.

1. kathsarah

kathsarah New Member

Can anyone tell me why you are advised not to use boiling water? I like the meal replacements as hot as possible as it takes longer to consume! It makes no difference whether boiling water or cold if you use a small blender. Just wondered if boiling water destroys the vitamins. Also - I am feeling very lightheaded and have 0 energy and I am almost finished the 2nd week of Cambridge. Have lost 8 lbs and don't crave food at all but still feeling horrible! Any help/advice? Thanks

2. Avatar

MiniMins.com Matched Content

3. kopcat

kopcat Gold Member

Start Weight:
    11st5lb
    Current Weight:
    8st13lb
    Goal Weight:
    9st5lb
    Lost(%):
    2st6lb(21.38%)
    Diet:
    Now: High protein/sensible eating
    I suffered the light-headedness more after the first week too...think it was just a case of not enough water.

I'm not 100% certain, but I think the no boiling water is so that the skimmed milk powder, in the shakes and soups, doesn't curdle.

4. Hedgemag

Hedgemag Cambridge Diet Counsellor

Diet:
    Cambridge
    The reason for not using boiling water is because it will destroy the vits and minerals in the food packs. If you boil the water then let it stand for a few mins before using.

5. spooky

spooky Banned

If you use boiling water you could kill off some of the nutrients in the packs, so its advisable to use very warm water to preserve the nutrients.

6. kopcat

kopcat Gold Member

Start Weight:
    11st5lb
    Current Weight:
    8st13lb
    Goal Weight:
    9st5lb
    Lost(%):
    2st6lb(21.38%)
    Diet:
    I stand corrected :eek: (that's why you are the CDCs and I'm the one getting fatter on 790 :sigh:)

7. spooky

spooky Banned

:D Kopkat...
    Have a :grouphugg:

8. kopcat

kopcat Gold Member

Start Weight:
    11st5lb
    Current Weight:
    8st13lb
    Goal Weight:
    9st5lb
    Lost(%):
    2st6lb(21.38%)
    Diet:

LOL I need one :sigh: Who else puts weight on when they're following the plan to the tiniest detail? :confused: :(

9. spooky

spooky Banned

Humm thats a hard one. Your body will stabilise before losing more weight when you go up the plans. How much water are you drinking and how do you space out your meal and packs?

Popular Forums
  1. MiniMins.com is a weight loss support community helping each other on their weight loss journey. We have a multitude of forums, from Slimming World and Exante, to Success Stories. Click the logo at the top right to return to the forum home page at any time.