Hour by Hour

SharonA_1970

Firstly thanks for all the replies on my post yesterday after my meltdown. I spoke with other half about my feelings and we are going to work on it.

I am going to try and do an hour by hour post though in an attempt to stay on track. Its WI tonight and I am pretty sure I haven't lost anything this week so I need to draw a line and start over.

I got up at 7.30, just for a change its raining!!! I have been here reading posts and catching up on emails, 0.75 litres down so far and no shakes yet. Everyone else is still in bed.

At the moment I am :)

morning Sharon ive just had 3 very slow weeks but one thing that really cheered me up was at my gym on thursday they checked my measurements & ive lost 32 inches all over.
When im down i sometimes go too the shops & look at all the wonderful clothes im going too buy when ive lost all my weight.
another idea i had,why dont you go for a pamper day (if you like that sort of thing).
Good luck for tonights wi.

What a good idea Eileen. I was measured by the LLC when I started plan so I might ask her to do them again tonight and see how I have done. For some of our group its week 13, only week 10 for the rest of us, so we are having photos done tonight, that should help too. Also I started at the gym four weeks ago and I love it although I have only managed to go twice this week, what with feeling ill. That has probably contributed to my nosedive in emotions.

Thanks for the suggestions of things to perk me up too I really appreciate it.

10:07am
All the kids are up. They have been downstairs and made themselves toast so I had the smell of toast and marmite wafting through the house. So far so good, didn't bother me. OH is up too and for once didn't come in the front room and turn on the TV. It is so annoying when he does that, it's like he can't live withouth the background noise. Whereas I would rather the peace and quiet with a good book. Reading Inkheart at the moment and its just getting exciting.

Onto my second litre of water and just had my first foodpack of the day. Banana mixed up really thick with a bit of cinammon so its like a custard. Got a dodgy belly this morning as well so even though my throat infection seems to be better its now migrated down south!!

I WISH it would stop raining!!

I'm here reading Sharon, and I'll be with you all day!

11:04
Hey yo-yo (sorry don't know your name!) Isn't the weather naff? At least it is here in South Wales

I just found a couple more positives about my weight loss so far. I have just been for a bath, I haven't been in our bath for the whole time I have been on LL I use our shower every day instead. One of the main reasons for not using the bath was I used to feel wedged in and struggled to get out. Also there is a mirror dead opposite the bath so whenever I stood up to get out I would see my disappointing image. This time though I didn't feel wedged in, I had room each side lol. I managed to get out easily and I wasn't disgusted at my reflection. Yes I still have a long way to go but I look so much better than I did.

Other positive things
My back doesn't hurt when I get up in the mornings, used to take me about half an hour to get going in the mornings.
My skin is looking lovely and clear no spots
I managed to walk the whole circuit of the estate last week without getting out of breath and all sweaty
I can run up the stairs

Look at all those good things, surely I want more of that, of course I do. I WILL stay focussed and make some more good stuff happen.

2 litres down, number 3 just started. Got a nice big mug of coffee as well. Back later

11:04
Hey yo-yo (sorry don't know your name!) Isn't the weather naff? At least it is here in South Wales

I just found a couple more positives about my weight loss so far. I have just been for a bath, I haven't been in our bath for the whole time I have been on LL I use our shower every day instead. One of the main reasons for not using the bath was I used to feel wedged in and struggled to get out. Also there is a mirror dead opposite the bath so whenever I stood up to get out I would see my disappointing image. This time though I didn't feel wedged in, I had room each side lol. I managed to get out easily and I wasn't disgusted at my reflection. Yes I still have a long way to go but I look so much better than I did.

Other positive things
My back doesn't hurt when I get up in the mornings, used to take me about half an hour to get going in the mornings.
My skin is looking lovely and clear no spots
I managed to walk the whole circuit of the estate last week without getting out of breath and all sweaty
I can run up the stairs

Look at all those good things, surely I want more of that, of course I do. I WILL stay focussed and make some more good stuff happen.

2 litres down, number 3 just started. Got a nice big mug of coffee as well. Back later

Hi, my real name is Ann-Marie, it's spitting here at the moment, and I'm praying it holds off because we're meant to be off to a fete in an hour-or-so at my eldest lad's footy club and it would be a shame if it got rained off (although it's in a school playground so at least it's not in a muddy field)

I've always said that one of the best things about this diet is that you notice something new everyday! I also think it is good to write it down because you do honestly forget! My pen-pal said she would be interested in reading my blog, so I have been cutting and pasting it this morning ready to print and post for her, and one of the things I put in the early days was "I don't get heartburn anymore..." - well, it was only when I re-read it that I realised I had actually forgotten about the heartburn I used to be a martyr to! I just take it for granted that I don't get it anymore.

I have a kiddies plastic cup with a built in straw, and each one holds 500mls, and I have just finished my third off. I might have another one before we go out.

Have you been doing your home-work in the green book? Would that help you to re-read it all again, keep focused on those early goals? Or do you have any lighter life success stories you can look at again?

13:08

We had our school fete yesterday Ann-Marie and we were very lucky with the weather.

I had forgotten about heartburn too, I used to get that as well. Just ges to show that we really should write all these things down

Re the homework, I have done some of it but not all. I have struggled a bit with some of the concepts such as thought records but I am perservering. I have set 10 goals which I have listed below and when I look at how far I have come I should be really proud of myself. Its just so easy to focus on the negatives isn't it?

1st goal; To lose 10% of my weight; 23lbs. Completed
2nd goal; To have less than 80lbs to lose. Completed
3rd goal:; To lose 20% of my weight; 46lbs
4th goal; To reach 13st my lowest since 1999
5th goal; To lose 30% of my weight 69lbs
6th goal; To fit in size 14 trousers.
7th goal; To reach BMI of 30 just overweight.
8th goal; To lose 40% of my weight; 92lbs
9th goal; To have lost 6 stone
10th goal: To get under 9 stone

Still feeling good today. OH is just doing the kids lunch so I don't even have to come into contact with food at the moment. We have been watching something on the TV so that has been distracting me. I am so tired this afternoon though so perhaps I will have a nap later.

:)

14:21
Another litre done. Also has half a lemon bar as biscuits. Managed to keep occupied with the TV so far today so that's good. Have a mountain of ironing to do, so I might do that whilst Big Brothers Little Brother is on

Bleurk! Got wet through, the heavens really opened, it was awful. We managed to stick it for 40 minutes and then left. I did spend quite a bit of money though so have done my bit in supporting the club!

I haven't really set myself any concrete goals, I suppose I should!

1. To get below 13st (done after two weeks)
2. To lose one stone (done after three weeks)
3. To lose 10% of Body Weight - 19lbs
4. To get down to 12st 3lbs, which is what I weighed when I started my job in June 2005.
5. To get to below 12st - last achieved in March 2005
6. To get to 11st 7lbs (what I weighed after having second son in Feb 2003)
7. To get to below 11st
8. Get to 10st 7lbs.
9. Get to 9st 13lbs.
10. To lose four stone and be 9st 9lbs.

15:58
They are great goals Ann-Marie. How are you finding the plan overall? Do u like the foodpacks? How are you finding the counselling?

I have to think about food again now as I haven't got anything planned for hubby and the kids for tea tonight but I think I am ok with that. Might ask him to cook it though.

Got WI tonight at 7:15 so will stop drinking water in about an hour. I am geared up for no loss and out of ketosis though and I won't let it get me down. Coming here during the day today has definately helped. Although the evenings are usually my weak point so I have get to get over that hurdle.

Oooh do let me know how you get on.

I'm lucky in that I like a lot of the packs. The ones I don't like are Thai Chilli Soup, and Banana/Strawberry shakes (the after taste, rather than the taste). Last week I was more for soups, so got more soups this week, and haven't had one since Tuesday and have stuck to shakes!

Last class was only week three, and was the only session we did any counselling, and it was talk of egos and why we feel we have to clear our plates. I did enjoy it though. Knowing all about ego's will really help me keep the weight off, I am sure.

I'll keep popping on in the evening, but after I have picked my husband up (in half an hour) I am going to watch "Dancing with the Stars" on BBC1 (USA equivalent of Strictly Come Dancing) - I have sky plussed it, so know I will miss the start time.

Then I'll start making tea for the kids (that doesn't bother me in the least having to cook for others. A big sniff usually suffices - one day I am sure I will hoover a chicken nugget up my nostril)

Then I have to drive somewhere to pick my eldest lad up.

Then I watch Corrie and The Chase.

So my evening might be a bit fragmented but I will still be about.

New week new beginning. WI lost 2lb. So not a completely disastruous week. However, the counselling session tonite was a bit of an eye opener. I managed to get across that there are problems in my relationship and that I believe food has been my coping mechanism for that. Everyone was fantastic, there was so much support from everyone and lots of good advice. I got lots and lots of positive strokes too so I am focussing on that for the week ahead. Everyone also pointed out how far I had come and what I have achieved, not just in the weight loss, something I failed to acknowledge for myself thus far.

9:19am
Had one bottle of water so far (0.75 l) and tidied up downstairs. Really wanted to go to the gym this morning but I have to wait in for a mobile phone delivery.

Renewed energy this morning for LL and staying focussed so far. Just going to finish off the kitchen then have breakfast, probably banana custard.

Hi Sharon,
Hope you are doing well this morning. This rain really does get you down doesn't it.

Just when we are starting to be able to wear smaller summer clothes we have to go and cover up in jumpers and fleeces.

Your hourly posts are a brill idea.
All your positive stuff is great too, and you reminded me - I used to get horrific heartburn too - haven't had it for weeks and I hadn't even realised.

Have a great day.

Claire

Hi sharon,

Why didn't I think of doing this on my bad days instead of stomping about like a true martyr with the weight of the world on my shoulders. Just goes to show that I was never someone who felt comfortable asking for help or even admitting I was struggling. LL has taught me differently and I have to say, it has made me a nicer person in general... softer and less "stiff upper lippy" if you know what I mean.
There are days when I want to eat - there are days when I pick at food (not recently) but like you say, I should write down the things that have changed since I started this programme (not just the number on the scale) because this diet is so much more than that.
Thanks a lot, have a great day.
Laura
p.s. heartburn.. me too and now all gone.

10:56
Shhhh quietly.....its not raining!! Yes that's right the sun is actually shining here in Wales, bet it doesn't last lol I can't go out though cos I am waiting for a delivery

Laura you are so right in what you say. I thing I had an epiphany this weekend. The last couple of weeks had been tough for me emotionally. The thing with the counselling is it makes you address issues you probably never realised were there and that's why the last couple of weeks have been tough. I didn't want to face these issues and even verbalised that I would rather eat and be fat than have to deal with these things. However last nights session was so enlightening and really empowered me when people realised what I had dealt with and pointed out just how far I have come.

It's really not about the food or being fat anymore, I don't think it ever was that was just the "bandage" on the "wound". Now I have to heal the wound from the inside.

13:23
Still going strong. Had a long chat on the phone with a mate who has been having a rough time lately and I think some of the stuff I have learned might well help her.

16:27
Now the test starts. All three kids are back from school and all in the house as we have a thunderstorm. This is usually the time that I find hardest to remain in my adult. I am going to sort their dinner our now and try to stay on track mentally

20:28
So much for hour by hour lol but I haven't needed it. Mind you I have a new mobile phone so that has kept me busy and distracted. Teatime was fine no problem. Have had 5.5 litres today. Banana shake for brekkie then split a packet of Thai chilli as crisps for lunch and then second half for tea. I have a bar still to have and a chocolate shake made up in the freezer so I think I am sorted for tonite

Back