House is 'haunted/got spirits'

Jess<3

Journey to 10 stone loss

Okay so i dont know if im just adding things up wrongly or not
:sigh: .....

We bought a old house (built 1920 i think) in July 2011. Moved in properly the month after so been here over a year now.
first few things was:
we have a loft conversion, my sister was up there in the office/study which is connected to the room well she saw shadow an the door closed on her, she thought it was my husband creeping up on her an trying to scare her but when she looked nobody was there.
Also did this whilst husband has been up there too on different occasion (the door closing). i put it down to been silly, there must of been a breeze or something for it to close.(no windows or anything open though) Or the angle of the door as our bedroom door closes on its own when its partly open.

My brother in law stayed here for a few days to look after the house & dogs whilst we sorted the old house out (4hours away) he said he could hear voices or something when going up the stairs but would go silent when was about half way up. Now again i didnt believe him, for a start he has hearing difficulties an had hearing aids, Plus i said must be next door you can hear.

Dog owners, ever been upstairs an hear your dog going through your bin?! well my dog has on a few occasions, which we go down, mad an get it cleaned up... sometimes he likes to steal the meat pack off the side too which again we can hear an tell from the sounds. Well the past few times ive heard this when trying to sleep. been annoyed i race downstairs to see both dogs sleeping an nothing on the floor ?
Happened again the other night an hubby ran downstairs for them to be sleeping.

I on the night occasionally hear light switches been turned on an off. but theres only me an my son (16month) thats home. (its not the neighbors as the walls are very thick) an this is from about 11pm-2am when i hear as im reading in bed.

My dogs again, once my labrador was just growling mad at something in the kitchen. thought maybe was at our other dog for been near his food or something, but he was the only one in there. He growled looking up into the living room corner before.. an again, dont have a clue what was wrong with him but couldnt find him anywhere, shouting an looking for him we ended up finding him in the loft room. an wouldnt come down? he knows hes not allowed upstairs too.

Now this has all been since we moved in. nothing all the time but like ive explained above... what do you think??
:confused::confused:

It could be haunted Hun, ive seen and felt a lot in my time and as long as you're ruling out any possible causes (breezes/noise through the walks etc) and there's no other possible reason for these things to be happening then it definitely could be haunted. Especially if your dogs are seeing things as they're more sensitive to paranormal stuff than most humans. If you can put up with it as one of the quirks of the house then just leave them to it, whoever they are. They're not going to hurt you or your family, if they were then they already would have. Has your little one seen anything do you know? Children can be very open to that kind of stuff xx

It could be haunted Hun, ive seen and felt a lot in my time and as long as you're ruling out any possible causes (breezes/noise through the walks etc) and there's no other possible reason for these things to be happening then it definitely could be haunted. Especially if your dogs are seeing things as they're more sensitive to paranormal stuff than most humans. If you can put up with it as one of the quirks of the house then just leave them to it, whoever they are. They're not going to hurt you or your family, if they were then they already would have. Has your little one seen anything do you know? Children can be very open to that kind of stuff xx

yeah people used to joke about is as its a big old house. but now all these little things add up an im re thinking it through. there is no other reason for these.

My sons baby monitor too, yes some are very sensitive, but i have it on voice activation. Which through the night comes on several times but my son isnt making noise, moving or anything. (doesnt pickup his movement unless kicks the end of cot) which makes me wonder sometimes too...
Hmm i could say yes he has, or hes just been a baby. Favorite word is hiya. but says, looks an sometimes is pointing to something. he looks up in the corner of our room often an points but i dont know its thats because our air freshener is there or not? He has also pointed over somewhere, 'hiya' an had a smile/giggle.

He might be seeing something then, you never know, but it won't do you any harm :) probably an old inhabitant or maybe even a guardian angel watching over your little one, a loved one who's already passed on. I'm convinced my son sees someone as he stares at the ceiling and coos and giggles and chats away at nothing there. I've plenty of loved ones who've passed over so it could be one of many, but it's a nice thought that they're watching out for him :) xx

I agree if they're not causing any bother just agree to live with them.

My daughter lived in her grandparents old house for a while which is haunted & they decided to live alongside them. She tod me so many things, lie e water being turned to cold whilst in the shower, pots & pans being moved, hearing somebody walking upstairs........

You could get a medium in to find out more.

Old houses make noises. They move and settle and expand and contract with temperature and moisture changes. Floorboards move against one another, joists creak, so do stairs.

Walls, floors and doors in old houses are very rarely straight, and a door could easily swing closed with nothing apparently causing it.

Old furniture makes noises too. I have an Edwardian chest of drawers which makes strange creaking sounds when the weather changes. And I often hear switches being turned on and off - the people next door are obsessive about turning everything off at the wall, and I hear the sound clearly through the wall.

Yeah my son has done that often too, i look where hes looking an theres nothing! My husband lost his mum when he was 12, i never met her. then he lost his granny who brought him up a few years ago when he was in Afghanistan.... makes me wonder :)
I know alot about the past people here too, it was an old boat man who owned the place. i dont know if anyone died here or not though..

I was scared to start with, but as nothing 'bad' has happening i quite like the feeling that maybe it could be a loved one. or who used to live here

Even if it's someone who lived there it doesn't mean that they died there, could just be where they have settled and were happy in life. But it's more than likely someone you love looking out for you all :) xx

Even if it's someone who lived there it doesn't mean that they died there, could just be where they have settled and were happy in life. But it's more than likely someone you love looking out for you all :) xx

thats good to know. Was speaking with hubby an in certain areas of the house he said hes always felt like someone is watching him :/ freaked me out as im home on the night alone with my son lol. but ive not felt that so im okay!!

If it helps, there is an old Japanese (I think) tradition of meditating, then imagining yourself walking through each room in your house, if you meet anyone in a room, it may be haunted. No idea if it's true or not :)

Back