house moving advice needed !

Discussion in 'Chit Chat' started by kandy, 5 August 2007 Social URL.

1. kandy

kandy Silver Member

Hi ,
    Bit of a random question really !

If you had bought a house and something that had been listed under fixtures and fittings to stay at the house had gone .... What happens when you complain???
    If anbody has any experience of this i would love to know !!
    Thanks peeps love Julie xxx
  2. Avatar Matched Content

3. DQ

DQ Queen of the Damned

Oooooh,I dunno!!! But just wanted to say hi :wavey:
  4. kandy

kandy Silver Member

Hey you,

Hope your okay, i am now popping over to see how ya doing !

Love Julie xxxx
  5. sonkie

sonkie Gold Member

Goal Weight:
    measure up
    I think as it is stated as part of the sale there will be legal rights.....but im not positive
  6. DQ

DQ Queen of the Damned

Probably have to speak to your solicitor because I believe it constitutes breaking the contract....
  7. kandy

kandy Silver Member

Dont wanna say anything yet because he's a little volatile and we are days away from signing but he rang me and dropped into he conversation that he sold said item and thats all. I didnt want to say anything because he would call the sale off , he called the sale off for less last time !

It's not something needed, but, it was put in the fixtures list by him and we were very pleased !

I am soo pi$$ed off but i don't wanna lose this house!

I just wanted to know if i mention it after we move in what may happen dont want him to come and burn my house down lol !

8. DQ

DQ Queen of the Damned

Oh I see :eek: Hmmm, you gotta balance his possible :silly: reaction against the object's worth.
  9. EllieG

EllieG Silver Member

Low Carb
    I think legally you are within your rights to insist the items are there.

But, if it's not contractually yours yet - are the items worth possibly losing the house over ??
    If not, I'd keep quiet until the contract's are all signed and then query it. Normally you only see what they've taken once it's yours and you move in, so you wouldn't know he'd done this in advance.

Good luck with it.
  10. kandy

kandy Silver Member

Hi Ellie,
    Yes i think thats what i may do ,i am unsure of the process involved if it costs me hundreds in solicitors fees then it wouldn't be worth it !

Also i know he has sold the item .

Nowt stranger than folk !

Popular Forums
  1. is a weight loss support community helping each other on their weight loss journey. We have a multitude of forums, from Slimming World and Exante, to Success Stories. Click the logo at the top right to return to the forum home page at any time.