How active are you?

mart1977

Seen some very impressive weight loss on here, i was just wondering how active are you all.
How long would you say you walk for each day, and do you do any specific exercise that is planned like going to the gym etc.

Also, how do you find doing exercise on the LT diet.

Hiya
To my shame I got to admit that I have done no exercise at all. To be honest I have only been on LT 13 days and, especially for the first week to ten days, I felt exhausted. I think it does take some time for the tiredness to wear off and, reading other posts, I don't think I was the only one to feel 'knocked out' for a while.
I do, however, feel as though I have more energy now so hope to introduce a bit of exercise this week - probably some walking and perhaps swimming.
I find the diet great. If you want quick results this is the one. The only thing I struggle with is drinking all the water..... feel almost seasick sometimes lol.
Julia x

Yeah i see a lot of people struggle with the water, i think thats something tahts either completely straight forward or a complete pain. FOr me its really straight forward and i dont need to give it a second thought so that lucky for me i guess but i know a lot of people struggle with it.

I think a bit of exercise could make quite a bit of difference though, even if its just 20 mins or something. Wonder how weak i will feel in a few days though

Some wait till they have lost weight to exercise......me I started on light weights and a little cardio (30 minutes 3 times week)....found it really made a difference....

I'm afraid I am a lazy so and so and didn't do any, still haven't, not sure I ever will! Although my fitness has increased even without doing any exercise which was a bit of a bonus!

Gx

hey Mart.... Since being on LT i had not lift a finger, so I personally have lost all my weight my sitting on my ass!!! :D best diet in the world hahahah
BUT i know that is not healthy as I used to do 2 dance classes a week and yoga along with the gym and when I stopped due to work committments I piled on the weight. I dont know about anyone else but I have this problem where I wont go the gym when i am fat:( it sounds silly I am sure some of you will understand, I wanted to lose the weight before i go the gym.... I am embarrassed to be fat and excersize in the gym.
Anyway I am on week 6 now and have more energy than i did at the start so I'm gently adding excersize, 20mins walk a day to start and take it from there.:character00115:

Hi hun, i did no exercises for quite a few weeks as i didnt have the energy at all. After a few weeks i started toning exercises and crunches to help with any possible loose skin. I reckon walking is a very good idea take lots of water with you xxxx

Hey Mart Im on Day 9 and to be honest Im one of those people who have felt knocked out since I started the diet... My pharamcist did recommend to do something small this week, so Im planning to walk to our tram system to work (20 mins each way) at least its better than nothing and it gets my body moving

hey Mart.... Since being on LT i had not lift a finger, so I personally have lost all my weight my sitting on my ass!!! :D best diet in the world hahahah
BUT i know that is not healthy as I used to do 2 dance classes a week and yoga along with the gym and when I stopped due to work committments I piled on the weight. I dont know about anyone else but I have this problem where I wont go the gym when i am fat:( it sounds silly I am sure some of you will understand, I wanted to lose the weight before i go the gym.... I am embarrassed to be fat and excersize in the gym.
Anyway I am on week 6 now and have more energy than i did at the start so I'm gently adding excersize, 20mins walk a day to start and take it from there.:character00115:

ive literally just left the gym myself, you know i feel pretty much the same. i was on the exercise bike and some days i use the treadmill but i feel happier and less obvious on the exercise bike. what gets me the most is in the free weights area where all the guys are lifting weights im sure i can feel them looking and laughing at me.
I think i have confidence enough to do it because i used to box a lot. so its like i know i am capable even now and i can draw on that.
Ultimately you have to have your blinkers on in the gym and just do it.
Regardless of weight loss i think its worth doing for the other health benefits alone.
I personally dont judge anyone in the gym, and i use other forums related to boxing and fitness training and the attitude on them is the same. If you are there you are doing something about it and no one will judge you. BUt thats doesnt stop the thoughts but hey, screw them if they look down on people cos of their weight.
Ill keep going regardless, besides im sure 90% of it is just in my head.

I'm afraid I am a lazy so and so and didn't do any, still haven't, not sure I ever will! Although my fitness has increased even without doing any exercise which was a bit of a bonus!

Gx

slightly off topic, your before and after pics are really inspiring. well done.
you look very good now and you look like the younger sister of your before pics.

Good for you Mart, i wish i had gym confidence, thats always ben my downfall. But you are very right xx

Hi hun, i did no exercises for quite a few weeks as i didnt have the energy at all. After a few weeks i started toning exercises and crunches to help with any possible loose skin. I reckon walking is a very good idea take lots of water with you xxxx

yeah im worried that i will be hit by a lack of energy. and loose skin as well. i think i might make a thread on that actually.
im hoping i can carry on doing some kind of training even if only weights.

:)hi mart.... i have been on lt for a month now and do a little rowing (machine at home) and some weights and crunches like tracey for toning.. i also have a walk if its fine ... which makes a big difference seem to lose a couple of extra pounds if i have a couple of 30 min walks at fastish pace.. but i also have an active job so i think that helps too ... i dont think you could really do very strenous excercise cos your calorie intake is so low .. so take it easy eh! sharon.. x

gym from day one and yes, instructor gives me a programme which changes every 20 sessions

h x

mart you should do what your body is telling you to. Personally I didnt start the gym until day 9 (Im on day 13 now) i started with a swim but continued every day doin slightly more. I have a programme set out for me and have been working up until i can do it all. I found the first 8 day very tiring and I feel like you just have to do what you can just to get through it, even if it means getting in from work and goin straight to bed (thats what i did).

However i am noticing the difference on how i feel now and have lots more energy to go the gym. It is also an extra boost once you have been :)

I'll have a six pack before ya know ut haha.

Just do whats right for you sweet, coz remember everyones body is different :)

Well my exercise consists mostly of running round after my four kids all day! I do want to start doing some other exercise too, but I've only really felt that I've had a bit more energy these last few days (I'm on day 13) On days 2 - 7 I could barely walk up my stairs without my legs feeling like lead and burning.... so now, I thought I'd start of doing some fast walking round the block or something.
I have two dogs which I walk round our fields, and poultry to tend to, and our house is built on the side of a hill, so we have steps everywhere outside!! I recon I have limited fitness level, but I spose its something to work from :D

i do a tae bo exercise dvd about 3 or 4 times a week, and i do agility competitions with my dogs so i couldnt let there fitness levels drop just because i didnt feel like exercising them so when i felt bad in the first week i walked them once a day about a hours walk but now they are back to the normal routine they both get walked for an hour 2/3 times a day flat walk and the bigger 1 gets 1 of her flat walks swaped for a bike ride (i ride the bike not the dog!:p) thats about 2miles.
and i do dog training on the weekends so they only get walked once then.so i do loads of walking!!!:D

Taebo is the ultimate bloody work out!! Fantastic and tones every part of your body xxx

I'm going to look into that Taebo! sounds interesting, thanks xxx

Fab i used to do it a lot years ago...in my 10 stone days!! I was very toned because of that oh and being younger and not having had kids lol xxx

Back