How are you going to handle Christmas day?

I'm planning on going off plan for Christmas Eve and Christmas day and then reigning it in boxing day so I don't gain too much! I'm not counting syns or even guesstimating them. I love Christmas and don't want to worry about what I'm eating so I can fully enjoy myself. Having said that I will try and have fruit for breakfast and fill up on on veggies as I am worried I'll get horrible heartburn if I eat all rich foods.

I'm sure I won't gain as much as I have lost anyway... at least I'd hope not!

This is not me preaching, I don't bother what anyone else does. But I'd like to offer my 3 rd year at SW Xmas advice I have learnt the hard way ;)

Eating rich foods now you're not used to it, feels like a brick in your stomach and isn't pleasant.
Eating chocolate gives me a massive ugly mammouth spot right smack bang on my face for all to see.
Coming off plan is easy, getting back on plan is very difficult mentally.
Last year I put 7 LB on as a maintainer, it took forever to shift and I felt awful in myself
The year before I stuck to plan but ate 32 SW mince pies over the 2 weeks and only gained 1 LB.
Drinking alcohol makes you eat everything.
There's millions of SW recipes that taste far better than anything shop bought.

I'm saying all that with good intentions and hope I take my own advice this year ;)

Another good tip from class was treat yourself to a small Xmas tin. Then every morning put syn treats in it what you intend to have that day. Hopefully you'll savour them and not feel left out ;)

Like this tip as it 'allows' us to have some treats while seeing what they are and taking our time with them :)

This is not me preaching, I don't bother what anyone else does. But I'd like to offer my 3 rd year at SW Xmas advice I have learnt the hard way ;)

Eating rich foods now you're not used to it, feels like a brick in your stomach and isn't pleasant.
Eating chocolate gives me a massive ugly mammouth spot right smack bang on my face for all to see.
Last year I put 7 LB on as a maintainer, it took forever to shift and I felt awful in myself
The year before I stuck to plan but ate 32 SW mince pies over the 2 weeks and only gained 1 LB.

I'm saying all that with good intentions and hope I take my own advice this year ;)

Also like this advice. I've done sw for a few years now and though I think its good to relax and have some treats its often not worth it and gains don't always come off in the first couple of weeks in January like we all hope/expect x

Seems like good advice from an experienced SWer

I'm planning on being off plan on xmas day but I'm going to keep sw in mind. Try not to stuff myself silly and just eat till I'm full. The rest of xmas shouldn't be too bad as I don't have parties to go to and I'm working quite a bit round xmas anyway. Just all the treats sitting at work that's hard!

I decided at the beginning of joining SW that I had a choice of either chocolates, nuts or alcohol. I chose alcohol obviously! haha Best of luck to everyone - I know it's going to be a tough day for some - especially me!

Ive planned smoked salmon & scrambled eggs for breakfast. Then slimming world roast for lunch (not keen on puds so just ww yogurt with fruit & meringue nest) and for the evening buffet ive taken lots advice from my group and managed to write a list that I can enjoy (T Total so no worries about alcohol)..........so if I slip up with chocs etc then the damage shouldn't be too bad :)

Hiya. I'm having Christmas off. Been doing sw ee for 19 weeks and I've lost 4 stone 5 pound. I'm going to enjoy Christmas new year and birthday. Then straight back into diet! I've been really strict last 19 weeks! Time to have a little fun x x

I finally know what I'm doing for Christmas - feel very relieved as now I can plan!

My plan is:
10syns/day til Christmas Eve, except my friend's party where I will just try to be sensible and follow my rules.
Synfree on Christmas Eve til dinnertime, then try to stick to plan at dinner but allow extra syns for a mince pie or two.
Christmas Day I have a v detailed plan about what I will and won't have, but I'm not going to count on the day itself!
Boxing Day synfree til after lunch, then another plan for what I'm having at my parents'.
Day after Boxing Day I'm gradually returning to normal but might have some Christmas cake for breakfast (!) and some wine with the family at lunchtime.

Mum wants to go out for dinner on the Saturday so will have to plan that VERY carefully...

I'm aiming for a gain of 3lb or less in Christmas week. I weigh in on NYE, so will aim to lose a pound that week by going wild on NYE then being very strict the rest of the week.

Its great to see how we're all approaching Christmas in different ways. Some great tips from the seasoned vets too. I've heard some horror stories about people putting 7/8/9/10lbs on at Christmas which is pretty scary!

Personally I'll be having xmas eve, xmas day, boxing day and nye 'off', although the rest of the time to compensate i'll be having low syn days with lots of fruit and veggies. WI has fallen well for me this year on xmas eve so after boxing day i'll have 4 days on plan to try and minimise any damage.

Before I joined SW I ate complete rubbish, so my idea of being 'off' plan for christmas isnt the same as going back to my old ways. I just want to be able to enjoy the seasonal treats like mince pies, stollen etc without the worry of syning everything. I dont intend to stuff my face with rubbish as that just goes against everything I've learnt over the last 4 months.

I've been off plan before in October when i went on holiday for a week, i took the 2.5lb gain on the chin and got straight back to food optimising ghe next day. So long as I feel in control of my food and able to get back on plan in Jan i'll be happy.

Hope everyone has a wonderful christmas whether they stick in the fast lane or are parked up at the services! Xx

Enjoy it! If you hadnt joined slimming world you wouldnt have lost anything and maybe even gained more up until now so whats a few pound over Xmas. Just get back to group and draw a big fat line and get them back off!

Well my M and S turkey breast has been cooked and in the freezer now. All bagged into 75 G portions, much easier incase I want a green day and with boys in and out randomly :) I have a gammon joint too but i shall just cook that Xmas morning I think ready for tea :) Flipping Mr has been given a Xmas treats hamper bonus from work!?! We've never had anything before. So that's scuppered my no buying rubbish rule lol. Matchmakers, Roche, chocolate orange, maltesers, Doritos and dip and two bottles Blossom Hill. How very nice of them, to sabotage my willpower! Up to now I had bought no rubbish!

I'm going to enjoy myself. The memories of events like these last so much longer than any pounds gained. I won't go overboard - I will still be aware of what I'm eating but I won't let it spoil my Christmas.

It is my baby girls first Christmas so I intend on enjoying every minute of it and get back on it Friday or Saturday. Don't want to gain more than 3lb but won't beat myself up if I do.

I have been off plan from Saturday as we're at relatives and in laws. I've really enjoyed myself with food and alcohol so far. We don't see our family often and I'm not going to sit there and be awkward when my mil has cooked a special Xmas meal for 18 family members as we're not there for Xmas day itself. Or not eat christmas bread ours friends, who have no money have bought for our visit. I stepped on the scales this morning and so far I'm maintaining :) like a previous poster said memories last longer than the pounds and I'm making lovely festive memories.
However, I'm close to target and feel confident enough to get back on plan and not worry about my gain. Last year I was a lot more controlled as I was trying to protect my weight loss as at that time my weight was far more important than chocolate as it was holding me back in other areas of my life. I gained 3lbs but lost 4 the following week.
Whatever you have decided good luck to you and I hope you have a lovely christmas and here's hoping we are all back on plan and heading towards target in January x

Back