How can I make sure I lose lots in my first week

Tricksy

I joined SW last Tuesday and have been very good following the EE option to the letter. At my first meeting a couple of people lost 6lb in their first week. As I have an important function coming up I would love it if I could do the same. I have around 2 stone to lose - any suggestions on how I can make sure I drop 5 or 6 pounds in my first weigh in on Tuesday?

I am afraid no one can give you the tip to lose that amount of weight. Its different for everyone. Some ppl who have a lot to lose, lose more in the first week and some dont. There is no real way of ensuring you will. Everyone metabolism is different. Just follow the diet, stay within syns, drink lots of water. Thats all anyone can do really. You may or may not lose big in the first week. I wish I could tell you a magic thing to do, but I cant.

All you can do is follow the plan. I've heard of people losing that amount, but more often than not it'll be 2-3 lb, especially if you don't have so much to lose anyway.

SW is more of a long term committment to changing to a healthier way of eating than a quick fix diet, so please don't be overly dissapointed if you're not a 6lb 1st weeker.

What's your special function?

Thanks for the replies - I know I'm impatient but the people I saw who had lost the 6lb looked smaller than me in the first place!! I'm determined though so will definitely stick to it even if lose just 2lb.

Lucky7 - my special function is a memorial dinner in March for my best friend who tragically died last March - I just want to look good in a dress so I don't let her (or myself) down!

I joined the week after christmas and had my first WI last week. I too stuck to the EE plan religiously and lost 'only' 3 1/2 lbs. I have to admit I was disappointed, but like others have said it's a marathon not a race.

Good luck and I hope you are not too disppointed if you don't lose 6lbs, a loss is a loss!!

I lost 7lbs in my first week.
I just stuck to plan. I only had 5 syns a day though, max.
Not advising that as i've had weeks where ive lost having 15 a day just telling you what I did week 1.

7lbs in your first week sounds amazing!
I've only just started this, but if I can manage even half that, I'll be pleased!

lilaloves I am really impressed - well done and keep up your efforts which plan have you been using? - I just have to wait until Tuesday to see how I've done. I'm resisting using my own scales so that I don't get despondent.

first week i lost 5 1/2 lbs and i was a bit meh about it, only on my second week but so far according to the scales of doom i will have my first award this weekfor 1/2 a stone off. but try not to fall off the wagon, eat lots of fruit and drink lots of water. u can discover the joys of scan bran at a later date!hehe

good luck with it!

eat lots, but of the right stuff.. plenty of green / leafy veg, trim the fat / skin off all your meats, limit "white" carbs ( switch to wholewheat breads, pastas, rice etc ), and try and get as many speed and super speed foods in your diet as you can..

I joined SW last Tuesday and have been very good following the EE option to the letter. At my first meeting a couple of people lost 6lb in their first week. As I have an important function coming up I would love it if I could do the same. I have around 2 stone to lose - any suggestions on how I can make sure I drop 5 or 6 pounds in my first weigh in on Tuesday?
Follow the plan absolutely 100% and exercise!

There's no guarantess on how much will be lost (depends on how heavy you are to begin with).

You will give yourself the best chance that way though.

Steve

Just follow the plan - I was given 15 syns a day plus 15 extra by my consultant, so 120 a week and i probably had 100 and I lost 7.5lb! I just did what it says on the tin!!!

6lbs is a hell of a lot so don't be hard on yourself if you don't get that much off in your 1st week. But good luck, follow the plan 100% and try exercising. If you're new to exercise then just start off gently, maybe going for some walks etc and I'm sure you'll have a fantastic 1st week :) :)

Im doing EE.
It is so easy that I dont think I could do red/green now haha.
Good luck =)

Hi I have 2 stone to lose and started just over 2 weeks ago. I lost 1 pound the first week and 2 pounds the second. I stuck to plan 6/7 days in week one and 7/7 days week 2.
It really does depend on the person and while you can eat lots of the superspeed foods to help, it will vary on factors such as your metabolism, the amount of calories you consumed before and the amount of water your body is retaining.
Much of the weight loss on the first week when people have big losses is water, because some people hold a lot of water and when they start on a healthier lower fat/calorie diet, their body expels some of that water. It takes a couple of weeks before your body starts to lose some of the fat and before you'll notice any body changes :p

I'm really sorry to hear about your friend - it's tragic when someone dies before they have lived a full life. But I am sure that you friend loved you for who you are and not your size or the dress you wear. She would be happy that you are doing something about your weight and want you to be happy so don't feel like a failure if you aren't exactly where you want to be come March. :)

Back