How can that be?

Alibongo

Happily pro pointing!
According to my scales I have put on 2lbs this week!! (I know you aren't supposed to, but they always have been pretty accurate throughout abstinence)
How can that happen just eating a bit of salad and small amount of fish or chicken? I haven't had anything I shouldn't have and nothing in large quantities. What the hell is going on?
This is just my worst nightmares coming true.
I am going to end up piling it all back on.
What is going to happen when I actually start eating 3 meals a day? I am just going to turn back into and elephant.

WI is tonight and I am dreading it, LLC is going to think I am cheating.

I wish I hadn't got on those bloody scales, I was feeling good yesterday, went shopping and everything I got was 10s and 12s.
Now I just feel like cr@p :cry:

Okay... and... breathe...
Don't panic!
Remember that TOTM, water retention and general weird fluctuations can cause unexplained weight gain that can disappear over night. You are sticking to the plan and consuming well under 1000 calories a day at the moment. It is impossible for that gain to be fat. Some of the foods you have eaten may have caused you to start retaining glycogen, which as you will know needs water to be stored, and that will explain it if TOTM or any other explanation is out of the question. However, your body will need well over 1000 calories a day to retain that weight in fat stores. Remind yourself of this: you know the science and the facts are that you will continue to remain in a mildly ketotic state for at least some of the next three months you are on RtM. That means you will continue to lose some weight.

Try not to be anxious and get off those scales, Ali!!!!!!

Best wishes and hope you are feeling better after that lecture!

Linze

Thanks Linze

hmm, yes, well I obviously wasn't thinking straight, common sense tells me I can't have put on 2lbs of fat, I would have had to have had a complete weekend blow out for that.
and, yes, I am panicking. I am being irrational, I know. It was so comfortable and predictable on abstinence, it is harder on RTM.
I have been having nightmares about waking up size 20 again, then I wake up and remember that my pyjamas are size 12 and I would be bursting them open if that had happened in my sleep. :D
I hadn't thought about glycogen, and how, how much and when that goes back on. I think I thought it happen at the end.
I have no idea about TOTM, I am very irregular. Last one was 9/1 then 28/11 before that, then it was about the beginning of September before that, and about May before that. So who the hell knows on that score?!?!
I am also quite constipated :sigh: so I guess that doesn't help. It has been about 5 days :( I thought starting to eat food would help, but it hasn't, maybe when I get some fruit next week that might improve things, (plums should do the trick ;))

I 'put on a pound' the other day (PANIC) but this morning it has gone again! I think its fluctuations with your body getting used to digesting food again. We're eating far too little to put anything on - so its just your body playing tricks.

They reckon that the glycogen weight will go on at some point (my LLC said it took 6 months for hers) but it can vary as to the amount. A good indicator is what you lost at your first weigh-in (the pop-in one). I lost 5lbs at the pop in so I reckon on about 5lbs back. Remember - it won't show on your body - just in your weight number.

I'm full of lovely advice, but I'll be where you are shortly, I know! So remind me of this post!!

P.S. Ginger muffin - STUNNING! Had whole tsp of ginger and it was yummy!!!

I actually stayed the same :) which was a bit of a relief, she was pretty sure it was down to the constipation, so advised I bring forward some fruit from next week.
I went home, had a big glass of orange juice, and 2 hours later, hey presto ;) my scales show 2.5lbs lighter. (I am sure you really wanted to know that :D)
So I am just going to have a glass of juice every morning and see how I go with that, until I start week 3 proper.
Feeling a lot better about it all now and a bit more rational :rolleyes:
Also started an aerobics class today, I have never done one before and it was quite good fun, even if the music was a little dated (No Limits!!)

I am loving those Ginger muffins too.
I also discovered how much I like raw pepper, I would never have eaten it before.

Well done.....but don't mention raw pepper - I LOVE the stuff and can't have it till Friday. Am addicted to Ginger Muffins......how mad that I'm addicted to LL packs??? Maybe I'm institutionalised????

Back