How contrary is this?

Barb

Gold Member
Ok, back from hols, really proud of self, luxury cruise and gained just one pound. Great I hear you say, thats set me up to get straight back on with it. Has it - no it b****y has not! I cannot stop eating! My mind is constantly full of biscuits. What is going on? I know I must get back in the swing but I just don't feel interested. Why?? What is going on, I am even now thinking about nibbling. I have been swimming today which is good but all I want to do is indulge in food. C'mon, someone give me a damn good talking to!

Love

BACK AWAY FROM THE BISCUIT BARREL!!!!!

They are evil and must be destroyed!!

You did brilliantly on holiday - don't mess it all up now, hun.

Be "Strong, like bull"!

:D :D :D :D :D :D

(*how's that?*)
xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx

Barb, I have been just the same, especially in the evenings. When I'm not eating, I'm thinking about what I can eat next, it's not nice at all. The comfort blanket of ketosis is missed greatly!!
I've tried to limit the damage by eating fruit and making cambridge desserts to snack on. Hope it goes away soon, now that I am supposed to be "back to normal".
Ann x

Because you got away with it. If you'd gained 10 pounds you'd probably be panicking and full of determination.

Enjoy yourself for a day or two, then set a day where you are back on it and stick to it. Not sure what else to suggest!

Barb

I'm sorry I'm not good and giving a good talking to. But I remember when I saw your back from hols thread it did remind me of when I did SW a while ago. I was so good while on holiday in fact a little too good skipping meals and lost while away. But as I was hungry, hadn't been following the plan for those two weeks. I was like you on return and just couldn't get back into it. I think it is also because part of the motivation before the holiday is the holiday. So it's all about refocus almost like starting again. New goals, maybe even try some new foods and recipes to make it fresher and more exciting again. At least Xmas is around the corner to motivate now. I think everyone feels a bit flat after a holiday don't they? I never did get back into that plan as was having major problems at home with tradesman and then had a bereavement. But I'm sure you can get the focus back soon. The sooner you can the easier it will be.

Hopefully others will be posting soon with all kinds of practical tips.

Meanwhile I wish you luck and will be anxiously watching for how you are doing.

Dizzy x

Well done to only put a pound on, maybe you thought you would of put more on, and you now want to make up for it.

well stop right there, keep away from them biscuits, and all things bad, yes they are evil, i know they are calling you just ignore them, stop thinking of them and they will go away.

Hope you had a great holiday, you will soon get back in to the swing of things, you must still be in holiday mode, so stop that right now.

Was that ok, cos im starting to scare myself. xxxx

Hiya Barb, Dont even go near the biscuit tin!!!!!

You have done so well, and after coming back from holiday it will take a while to get back into normal mode, you can do it, you are an inspiration x

Eat them in front of the mirror naked.

Works for me.

Okay....I haven't tried it :D Can't look at myself with clothes on let alone naked:eek:

Are you still in holiday mode? It can be difficult to get back on track unless everything else is in the right place.

Difficult...not impossible;)

Hi Barb,

Karion's idea of eating the biscuits naked is a pretty good one:rolleyes:

You probably need to plan another holiday to focus your energy on for the next drive on losing weight!

Maybe a party dress or something might help!

If your going to eat make it something that is more filling and satisfying than a biscuit.

I always feel I need a holiday after a holiday.

Love Mini xxx

Thanks everyone, lots of great suggestions. I think part of the problem is that it wasn't a great holiday. Our luggage was missing for 5 days out of 7 so had to wear a polo shirt to the formal evening on the cruise. Hardly any make up, no jewelry, no curling tongs etc.....I know that all sounds horribly materialistic but we had not had a holiday for 2and a hlaf years and I really needed that one, then it was all stress which I really did't need. So maybe that is part of the prob, I just feel sorry for myself and think I deserve a treat ot two. Trouble is putting weight back on is not a treat, is it? So I am getting very cross with myself. I think the idea to work out a new plan/recipes and fix a definate date is the best idea and that is what I will do. Please nag me, I really need it. Lots of love

Eat them in front of the mirror naked.

Works for me.....

Photos....???:confused:

great suggestion - like that one....but the crumbs would get EVERYWHERE :eek:

Debz
xx

I think the idea to work out a new plan/recipes and fix a definate date is the best idea and that is what I will do. Please nag me, I really need it. Lots of love

Nag..nag...nag :D I do think that's a great plan. A fresh start, like a new way of eating. It might still be calorie controlled, but with different foods it'll feel like a starting a new diet and will hopefully bring that motivation back.

I know that I have to change things around every now and again to get me in full flow again.

what a shame your cases when missing, on a cruise you need your cloths, bits and bobs because its a very glam holiday, hope you get compensated?

Good luck with getting back on track. xx

Thanks everyone, lots of great suggestions. I think part of the problem is that it wasn't a great holiday. Our luggage was missing for 5 days out of 7 so had to wear a polo shirt to the formal evening on the cruise. Hardly any make up, no jewelry, no curling tongs etc.....I know that all sounds horribly materialistic but we had not had a holiday for 2and a hlaf years and I really needed that one, then it was all stress which I really did't need. So maybe that is part of the prob, I just feel sorry for myself and think I deserve a treat ot two. Trouble is putting weight back on is not a treat, is it? So I am getting very cross with myself. I think the idea to work out a new plan/recipes and fix a definate date is the best idea and that is what I will do. Please nag me, I really need it. Lots of love

I would demand a refund as the whole point of a holiday like that is to look glam and have a good time.

Poor you, I think it is awful...write to them and vent your frustrations instead of going for the cookie jar.

Love Mini xxx

Hi Barb

Just wondering if you have been able to get back on track and how you are doing?

New Plan?

Chucked out the biscuit tin?

Dizzy x

I am exactly the same. Came home from a 7 day Cruise on 21st October and am REALLY struggling to get back to SS. I stayed the same when I was away and had eaten normally. I really want to loose my last 2 stone but am finding it really hard to get back on track. I havnt gone mad or anythiny eating but think constantly of food the same as you. I havnt managed to get into ketosis yet which doesnt help.
Hope you are getting on better - WE have to get focused!!
Really sorry to hear about your luggage - it must have really put a dampner on things.
Fiona
X

Hmmm, I would love to say all is going well but the horrible truth is it is not! The biscuits still plague me and my mindset is just not there. I have had the trickiest few months ever I think and at the moment things are not getting better. If I tell you at the moment I am struggling with My Dad yesterday being diagnosed with cancer, my youngest son going for a biopsy in a few weeks, a work based court case looms in december and as a family we are still struggling to support Chris(youngest son) with the horrific nightmare of him being drugged and the ensuing panic of the police trying to find him, although he was safe and sound in a matter of hours it is not something you get over easily. Both daughters are still very disturbed by what happened to him and then the stress free
holiday was anything but. So, although all of the above sounds like a string of excuses and I suppose in some ways they are, I am just not able to think seriously about the diet. Although if the lbs creep back I know I am going to be even more miserable. It is my birthday on Thursday so I was thinking I would try and enjoy that and then set a definate date and plan a new plan and see if I can get myself going again. Having said all that I am still swimming - 26 lengths today so that is something I guess! Thanks for keeping an eye on me, I reall do appreciate it. Lots of Love

Back