How did you set your target weight?

I set my target to 10 stone 7 because i thought it was achievable through spending a year dieting. however When I reach that weight I think i'll re-assess the situation and see how I feel in myself.

i want to be a size 10 what ever weight that maybe i hit my 14's at 13.7 so i'm thinking it will be about 10st but i would go below 9 in search of a size 10 also i think 10 stone is just inside the healthy bmi for me

I have never been a healthy weight since being an adult so no idea what I should be aiming for..... hope to definately be in the healthy bmi range but happy to just get to where I feel comfortable and stop - certainly not stick think - like some of the other ladies I would like to be curvy and comfortable

I also had never been a healthy weight as an adult so was unsure but dreamed of being a size 12. My SIL is a couple of inches taller than me and around 11stone and wears a size 12 so I guessed at 10 st 7lbs for me. It puts me in the middle of the healthy BMI range but much toning work is still needed now to get rid of the wobbly bits:D:D

I'm aiming for 11 and a half stone as my initial target. If I reach it, it'll be a loss of exactly 8 stone. According to the NHS BMI calculator, I'll still be classed as overweight, but if I reach that weight and I'm happy then it's fine.

I don't really trust those things anyway, I got a big arse & and some wide hips and I think if I was to strive for a size 10, I'd be dieting for years and making myself very unhappy. I'm not making excuses, I honestly dont think my frame would allow it. I'm down to a 14-16 now and I'd be happy with a 12/14. I excercise daily and feel fit and so when I know I'm happy with my size, I'll target off.

Im not sure that I have set my target at the right weight.
I am a short (5" 1') 24 year old. Before I became pregnant at 20 I was about 7st 8. I know that this sounds like nothing, but I was not under weight.
I have put in 7st 9lb as my target, but my mum said that is very stupid becauce I was a teenager back then.
Im starting to agree with her after weighing 11st 4lb after giving birth I dont think that my body will look any good being that small :sigh:
What does everyone think?? would 8st be better? :confused:
Anna x x

Im not sure that I have set my target at the right weight.
I am a short (5" 1') 24 year old. Before I became pregnant at 20 I was about 7st 8. I know that this sounds like nothing, but I was not under weight.
I have put in 7st 9lb as my target, but my mum said that is very stupid becauce I was a teenager back then.
Im starting to agree with her after weighing 11st 4lb after giving birth I dont think that my body will look any good being that small :sigh:
What does everyone think?? would 8st be better? :confused:
Anna x x
I really think that any weight is achievable, but what you have to consider is if it is realistic long-term. Would you be able to sustain this weight for the rest of your life? (Because that is what this is- a lifetime change)

I personally set all my goals at the higher end, and when I achieved my first I reassessed based on how I felt at that point. I have now moved my target, but again it is the higher end of 'normal' and I will decide what to do when I get there.

I think if you set your goal too low, you will feel a bit like a failure for not achieving the impossible- not a very inspiring thought!

xxx

Why not set 8st as an initial target, and when you reach that see how you feel? then go from there if you feel you want to go down more?

I kind of guessed and said 11 stone (I'm quite tall at 5" 9), which puts me bang in the middle of a healthy BMI. I've got a friend of similar height whos 10st 7lb and she looks really good, so if I feel its achievable once I get to 11 stone then i'll probably reset! x

I'm 5' 8" and have put a goal weight of 10st 6lb, which is the weight I was before I had my children. However, I did slim down to 10st for my wedding and I liked being that weight, I was a comfortable size 12, however, I couldn't maintain it as I was training twice a day and not eating alot.

I shall see how I feel when I get to my goal weight and how long it takes to get there.

I intially set my target at 10 st 7 lb as I started at 13 stone and really didn't know what I wanted to be.
I got to that weight and immediately changed it to 10 stone as I knew I wanted to lose more.
At 10stone I am just in the healthy range for my BMI but I'm a comfortable 12 and even a 10 in some things which is fine by me.
9 st 7 would be wonderful, I'm still contemplating.......

I set a target of 10 stone, as I was just undert this when I got pregnant and, while I still had a huge bum, my face was getting too thin. I would be more than happy with 10 stone, as it puts me in a healthy BMI, but as my shape will have now changed from having a baby, I'm just not sure how I will look when I get there - if that makes any sense!

Thanks for the replys
I believe that it would be possible for me to lose the weight needed to arrive at target, but Im worried about maintaining. Looking back I have never had to sustain my weight. For the last four years I have been gaining then trying to lose, then gaining again and so on.
I have not set my target at sw, as I cant make my mind up. My ticker shows my target as 7st 9lb. Thinking about it, 8st would be far better to start with. When I get there I should be able to see if I need to lose more. Is it correct then when you arrive at target you can move 3lb up or down?
Thanks Anna x x

I've set my target at 10 st, simply because I remember when I was at that weight in my teens I was in size 12 clothes and had a great figure (although at the time I was at an age where I thought I was fat). I'm just under 1 stone to target now and just about squeezing into a size 12 dress I bought cheap off ebay to measure myself against. However I might consider changing it to 9 st 7lbs when I meet my target depending on how I feel at that weight.

One thing that really attracted me to Slimming world, was that I did not have to set a target! I had a feeling where I wanted to be, but it was more about clothes size and self confidence rather than any specific number on the scales.

I remember the day clearly, I woke up, saw myself in the mirror (naked :eek:) and was totally happy with what I saw and the changes that I had made. I called target that night (before I had even stepped on the scales!) - I had achieved what I wanted to achieve.

Always did niggle my Consultant that it was a loss of 1st 13.5lb - pmsl - I didn't see the point of stressing for another week just to lose half a pound for the sake of a round number :eek:

i am so greedy i can't even lose any weight...don't know what mine would be

as i am only 4ft 8 its even harder....i do know for my height anything between about 6-8 stone is ok..currently weigh 8 stone 5..would like to get down to 7 stone 10 initially which is the advice i have been given from leader/gp....if i ever manage to get there i will look at it.

This is a really interesting thread. Thanks everyone for sharing your thoughts.

I haven't set my target yet. In similar to some of the others, I've always been 'large' - even at age 13 I was wearing a size 14! I've set an interim target of 14st (having started at 16st 12), but only because my C was pressing me for 'some' sort of target!

I'm more concerned about dress size and feeling healthy than what I weigh. My initial goal was to get from a 'large' size 20 to a size 16. I'm now at a 'small' 18 on top, and 18 trousers are starting to feel loose, so in a couple of weeks I'm going to dare to try on some 16 tops (and perhaps some trousers, just to see how far away I am).

I'm sure I will set a target at some point, but it might well be like *angie* - I decide there and then that I've got to target!

I too have never been a healthy weight as an adult. But i was once 10 stone and a size 14. a very long time go mind. So i have set my target at 10 stone but i think that might be too low as i am now much older and i might look a bit haggard. i do feel that a bit of extra weight helps to iron out the wrinkles lol Might move my target to 11 stone instead and that feels more achievable right now.

Back