How do I deal with working out pp when eating at someone's house?

Josiecat

Silver Member
I am brand new to plan and am joining my local group tomorrow. My biggest downfall is the weekend so I intend on saving my 49pp for the weekend.

The problem I have is that I am often invited to hubby's family get togethers on Saturday nights and they usually have a spread or have a lasagne/chilli/curry etc. to help yourselves to. I can't see how there is anyway of working out the pp on these as I can't really weigh it or work out the points.

I have already decided to drive home from these occasions to avoid alcohol. Is it best to eat before I go? Anyone with family/in laws probably know the hassle you get if you don't have any food there!

Josiecat said:
I am brand new to plan and am joining my local group tomorrow. My biggest downfall is the weekend so I intend on saving my 49pp for the weekend.

The problem I have is that I am often invited to hubby's family get togethers on Saturday nights and they usually have a spread or have a lasagne/chilli/curry etc. to help yourselves to. I can't see how there is anyway of working out the pp on these as I can't really weigh it or work out the points.

I have already decided to drive home from these occasions to avoid alcohol. Is it best to eat before I go? Anyone with family/in laws probably know the hassle you get if you don't have any food there!

Defo eat before u go hun,

For me if I don't know what's in something I usually don't eat it because it messes me up for the week if I feel I've been bad I usually pig out!

Do u know them well enough that I could ask the ingredients and try pp? If not I'd either eat before u go or even have a small bit remember 1 little unknown is not going to ruin your week it's when u have a collective of unknowns r bads

U could try getting the eating out guide and see what they give for curry etc and use that as a guide also x x

Back