How do I do this? Seriously confused...

amiee5954

I work in a Costa Coffee and I'm working late tonight. That's when I get my cravings for something sweet and usually end up caving and eating their lovely Raspberry Cupcake. Arrgghhh.

So anyway. I still have my hexA left for today. I know that a small hot choc has about 225ml of milk in it. The sun value for the skimmed one in my book is 5. Do I deduct say 3 syns and drink the rest of my milk later?

Does that make sense to anyone? I hope so would love to add sugar free vanilla syrup to it to keep my sweet tooth at bay.

Thanks in advance :) x

amiee5954 said:
I work in a Costa Coffee and I'm working late tonight. That's when I get my cravings for something sweet and usually end up caving and eating their lovely Raspberry Cupcake. Arrgghhh.

So anyway. I still have my hexA left for today. I know that a small hot choc has about 225ml of milk in it. The sun value for the skimmed one in my book is 5. Do I deduct say 3 syns and drink the rest of my milk later?

Does that make sense to anyone? I hope so would love to add sugar free vanilla syrup to it to keep my sweet tooth at bay.

Thanks in advance :) x

Why don't you just have steamed skinny milk with the sugar fee syrup, then you don't need to use any syns, as you can use your HEa :)
Also don't forget once you've frothed your milk, there will be less milk and alot of air added! So 225ml of frothed milk, will be less than 225ml-iykwim x
(P.S I used to work in costa too)

Hey, thanks for replying.
I've tried having steamed milk with syrup. It's nice but it doesn't quite give me the chocolate hit I want :(
Yeah that's why I estimated 225ml because the small cups hold 300ml. Reckon thats about right?
How did you ever stop yourself eating all of the cakes that they have?!? I struggle so much lol x

amiee5954 said:
Hey, thanks for replying.
I've tried having steamed milk with syrup. It's nice but it doesn't quite give me the chocolate hit I want :(
Yeah that's why I estimated 225ml because the small cups hold 300ml. Reckon thats about right?
How did you ever stop yourself eating all of the cakes that they have?!? I struggle so much lol x

Yeah that sounds about right! I Wasn't that bothered! I've got more of a savoury tooth anyway! :) x

I hardly ever go in coffee shops but was in Costa yesterday. Those raspberry cupcakes looked amazing, but I resisted. I looked for the lowest calorie treat that would still be a treat and settled on the almond croissant with black coffee, whilst OH had the caramel shortbread and grande latte. I enjoyed my treat and didn't feel guilty. I don't think I would do so well if I worked there with all that lovely food all day. Why don't you take a low syn treat with you for break time - a curly wurly or choc philly on a peanut hi fi (that's meant to be lush - like a snickers!).

OMG - just checked syns online -that croissant was 17 syns!! "Step away from the counter" will be my mantra if I ever visit Costa again!!

Back