How do I get my porridge lump free?

I don't advise blending it as there should be a few lumps in it - there are oats in there - but - what I advise is that you mix your water in using a fork and give it a real good mix! :)

HTH ;)

debs xx

I try to squash the lumps with a spoon on the side of the bowl, then some of them dissolve..lol.. but there will still be some lumps as irish angel said they are the oats. xx

try using cold water , that should work

I actually do blend mine, it goes the consitency of ready break, you will need to add more water.. it's the only way I can eat it!

Hope that helps x

I alway blend mine - but use a good stick/hand blender in your shaker cup, not a big blender or liquidiser (too wasteful!). I used to like the lumps, but I've got so used to the lovely smooth creaminess of blended porridge now, that I don't think I could go back! :)

I like it lumpy & thick, tend to cook it longer than the minute so its sticking to the sides of the bowl and I make sure I chisel those bits off so there is no waste. I find its more filling like that and feels like I have a full tummy.

I like mine a bit lumpy, real porridge is lumpy not smooth. I tried it smooth once (I hand blended it) and it was like drinking baby milk eeeewwwww.

Back