How Do I Get Started?

Konvictz

i dont wanna join the weekly groups (just a personal issue, i dont see the benefits of going to them).

i hope this diet works well because ive heard good things about it.

and with my semi intense (3 days a week in the gym, cardio + weight training) workout plans, i think diet should help.

so where do i obtain the materials required to tell me what to do?

The best thing is to go to a group, join and get all the official materials. It's the cheapest way to do it. At the moment there are a few vouchers floating round for free membership, so you'd just pay £4.50, stay for the first class and get your information and then it's your choice if you don't go back to classes again. The normal joining fee is £10, but there's usually an offer on for half price, so £5. So the most you'd pay is £14.50, probably £9.50 and if you can get the free voucher (in a mag like Bella) then £4.50.

There are often packs on ebay, but they go for very inflated prices.

You have already started by posting on this forum, you will get all the advice and encouragement that you need here.

To get your diet books you might have to join a class for a couple of week's so that you can get your diet, books etc and get the diet explained to you.

If you don't want to do that try Ebay or Amazon they always have the SW diet and books for sale on there.

Good luck with your weight loss.

i c.

well i dont want to have a varied diet. you wouldnt believe, ive been eating the same daily foods for nearly all my life lol, hardly any variation in my diet.

the main food in my diet will be the lean meat (chicken), because i have been eating chicken everyday in my life. but obviosly its not always the healtiest way, so i wanna base my diet around a healthy chicken way.

i know some people hate eating the same thing everyday, but dont bother me 1 bit lol.

so i should join for 1 week, get their stuff and not go back?

Yeah go to a group, get all the stuff and as long as you have a set of scales and will power, there's no reason and to no obligation to go back.

The Red plan's free foods are lean meats and poultry so sounds like that would suit you best.

It might be worth pointing out, that you may have to change some habbits and/or way you do things, because lets face it, none of us would be on here if we were perfect!

Natt xxx

yeah i definitely will have to change some habbits.

drinking coke is probably the big one. il have 2 litre bottles a day in hot days, and about half a bottle a day when its not hot. i tried to give up coke before, i went about 5 days without it, and then i drank like 2 litres in 1 go. but i invested in some diet lemonade as a possible substitute recently, the calorie levels were so unbelievly low.

but im sort of looking foreward to slimming world diet. i hated the idea of dieting because they are always temporary. but when someone mentioned the idea of slimming world where i would actually be eating more and loosing weight i thought dam, i gotta get in.

you guys are really kool, really positive, which is helping. i will post some pics after i loose the weight (or 'fat' to be specific). i want a flat toned stomach and little fat. as long as i go towards that goal, i honestly dont care what my weight ends up as.

i have 3 ways you can get books.
1; ebay (but find they more then groups)
2; join group sit in one class take the books and dont go back.
3; join a freecycle group and get them that way my friend got them that way and i did with weight watchers when i tried that,
good luck hun xxx

The whole point of SW is having a variety of foods so you get all your vitamins etc. Obviously eating the same foods all the time hasn't worked for you, please consider doing this plan properly, you can only gain healthwise.

Everyones already jumped in here before me, and there advise is good so i suggest u go to group etc.

but id just like to wish u good luck.. stick around and keep us upsdated, much easier with support xxxxx

I agree with Judimac...you're saying that you want to base your diet around chicken, which is ok for a red day, but the whole idea of SW is that you eat loads of fruit, veg, a variety of meats on red days (there are other healthy meats than chicken) not to mention dairy products and fibre!

As Squiddie says, sounds like red will suit you best. But what I think would really help you is to go to a class to get your books and get a talk about the SW way of things, so you can really get your head around the plan. A lot of us don't think of it as a 'diet', more of a way of eating for life that helps us be in control of our weight :)

You say you don't see the benefits of going to a class, but have you ever tried? It's not for everyone and there are plenty here who do it online or go it alone (usually after they've had a class experience, but not always) but I think it sounds like a class for a few weeks will really help get your head in the zone and get you on your way to that flat tum!

Back