How do I resist/stop picking????

IrishMum

A little of everything!
Okay- I know I shouldn't, but my personal weigh-ins so far this week are showing little/no loss, and I've only until Friday for something to happen, so I'm feeling a little pi**ed off! :sigh:
Well, yesterday I was idly on the phone to my hubby and before I knew it I'd half a chickstick ate off my daughters leftovers!! WTF!!! It's like my brain is subconsciously making me cheat! It's like- well you haven't lost anything by doing this right...so have a little bit of food...just a little...:(

I know the solution to that is to clear the girls plates as soon as they 'finish', but I've always left them around in case they want to finish what they've left later on!! (Which they do- a LOT!)
I'm pi**ed off with myself- especially when my ketostix showed only trace ketones this morning. I know they're not 100% but I use them to keep focused!

If I only lose 1-2lbs this week it'll be my own fault, but I'll be so de-motivated? I have two full days to do this 100%.
I have a new bed arriving Friday for my girls room so a MAJOR clearout needs to be done before then to make room for it, so that should keep me out of harms way this evening.
Arghhh.....I am such a Duh!!! :mad::mad::mad:

Lol I found it so hard the first few weeks not to pick at my kids leftovers but now in week 5 I have lost the urge, It does get so much easier I promise, I even managed to resist my son feeding me choc buttons which I used to slip up on lol :)

youve got to keep reminding yourself why your doing it.. ive actually made a list of why ..i know it sounds a bit odd but sometimes i forget, particularly if food is calling me to eat it, so i take a look at that list and then i feel motivated again..

hope that helps a bit

h xx

Ohh..thats not a bad idea! What kind of thigns are on your list (if you don't mind me asking?)
Or maybe I should have those jeans that I want to get back into handy and try them on (even though they don't come over my thighs at the minute!! LOL!)
Or my 'before' pic...hmmm....I might print off a wallet sized picture and have it in my kitchen (hidden from public view!) for those 'wobbly' moments!! I'm glad to hear it gets easier Emma. (chocolate buttons...but sure they're only little..they wouldn't do much harm....BAD-BAD-BAD thoughts!!! PMSL!)
If it affects my weigh-in I'll be very upset though! ;P

Good idea with the before pics, I have them plastered all over my house, I even have one in the bathroom so when I get out the shower I compare myself in the mirror and it makes me smile and gets me through the day, but then that may just made me a weirdo lol

re the list..just things that i want to be slim for...knowing that ill feel better once i get there and feeling and knowing i look great..and having a positive attitude whilst doing it :)

like....not having to worry about what will fit me rather chosing what i want to wear and knowing it will fit me and look nice - thats a biggie
not feeling self concience out in public

lots of other things but its keeping me on track so far lol

h xx

Thanks, I'll give it a go!

Emma- that made me smile! If I had a pic in the bathroom I'd end up depressed for the day! LOL! Maybe 1-2stone down I'd be smiling? I'll wait til then (hows that for positive thinking!)

Do...not.....weigh yourself....Do NOT pick at food = success.

Do...not.....weigh yourself....Do NOT pick at food = success.
Easier said...:eek:
I'm staying focused. 100% so far today, 6 3/4pint of water & one shake so far today. Soup scheduled for 6pm (when the rest are eating) and last shake at 8.30pm (when the girls are in bed!).

How about a picture of you at your slimmest? I have a pic of myself in Paris a couple of years ago and I can't believe I ever looked that good.
Even then I was at the top end of a healthy BMI for my height, around 10st, but I would LOVE to get back there.
So everytime I am tempted, like the other day when I sat next to my brother eating fish and chips, or went into the office to find a box of heroes on my desk, I look at that pic. It's early days but is working so far!
Also, you just lost half a stone. That is AMAZING. Don't forget that and don't forget how hard you worked and how well you have already done - that's got to be better than a chick stick surely?

PS - What is a chickstick?! LOL.

PS - What is a chickstick?! LOL.

:D Like a fish finger but with chicken instead! LOL! Birds Eye make them. So not worth it!
Good idea about the pic. My lightest was my graduation pic, I was 10 1/2stone there with great legs! Dressed diddly though...:eek:

Yup! And we're both 'shorties' too! LOL!
Now go update your ticker & details so everyone can see how good you did this week!

If your children leave left overs, wrap them up and put them away.

The only way to stop picking is by telling yourself why you are doing lipotrim. You are doing it to lose weight and have other reasons I'm sure. You will only get better results by following the diet 100%.

I know what I'm saying may seem harsh, but beleive me I'm not trying to bully you or make you feel bad ok? This is an all or nothing diet after all. And as soon as you learn to banish the temptations, the much easier it will be.

I've been tempted millions of times whenever I had to take my dads left overs of chippy and chinese takeaways. Just remember why you are doing LT, and think about the money you are spending on it too. It's kinda like you're throwing money away.

You can do it babe *huggles* :D

my list is really just one thing.... to be out with friends and not feel like the big lump in the corner! ...that would feel amazing!
i'm not doing this for anyone else and i dont want to compare myself to my friends because they are very different builds to me. i just want to feel happy !
and whenever i think i can't do this i just remember how it feels to be the 'lump' !!
come on week 2 w.in!! cant wait i'm so excited!!

Back