How do i target the belly area??

Lauratheloop

Silver Member
I'm pretty sure most people would agree with me that weight loooooves to collect around the belly area... I have a belly (from having bubs) muffin tips and wobbly thighs (nice feel sick)

But has anyone found anything or had tips passed to them about targeting their belly area??

Xxx

Sit ups or you could have that weird electronic roller thing, like they use in the alizonne programe, its very expencive

There are exercises that work the stomach, leg raises, crunches etc are fine.

The thing is though, as you probably know already- you cant lose fat from a specific area ;(

trw1972 said:
There are exercises that work the stomach, leg raises, crunches etc are fine.

The thing is though, as you probably know already- you cant lose fat from a specific area ;(

I know which is why I don't see the point in doing sit ups etc as let's be honest that ain't gona make stomach fat budge.... I'll have rock solid abs which no one will see as it's hidden behind a shed load of fat hahaha

I know it's about using cardio to burn fat stores and hope that eventually the belly will go but thought maybe some one had some ideas in the best cardio to do and maybe tips of things to avoid to stop fat collecting there even more, I remember reading somewhere sugar and insulin problems can cause fat in the belly area and give muffin tops :-(
So I'm putting the bad sugars in the dog house

God hindsight is such a wonderful thing huh grrrrrrrrr xx

Hey

Ive wondered about the benefit of sit ups etc as well to be honest!

As for best cardio, well i think the key is doing something you enjoy doing, since you will stick to it much better!

For instance my partner hates going to the gym, and she would miss every second workout...but she adores zumba (because it is dancing) so wild horses wont keep her away from that!

I usually bore people by waffling on about how important weight training is to weight loss but...will spare everyone that for once ;)

trw1972 said:
Hey

Ive wondered about the benefit of sit ups etc as well to be honest!

As for best cardio, well i think the key is doing something you enjoy doing, since you will stick to it much better!

For instance my partner hates going to the gym, and she would miss every second workout...but she adores zumba (because it is dancing) so wild horses wont keep her away from that!

I usually bore people by waffling on about how important weight training is to weight loss but...will spare everyone that for once ;)

Nope I make you right resistance work is very important and like your partner I hate the gym so prefer classes... I perform better with someone screaming at ne to get my knees higher etc lol
That said I do try and get some weights in there too such as body pump or fitness bootcamp

Just think sit ups don't tone fat they may make my muscles strong under Neath but u have to get rid of the lard first lol x

sadly it's just not true that certain foods or lifestyles lay down fat in certain areas. if it were, loads of women would be eating whatever food makes you gain fat in the boob area!

each of us gains fat in the pattern that we a genetically predisposed to. about all you can say is that wherever you gained the weight last is where it will most likely come off first. what exercise can do is change the scaffolding the fat is sitting on. so abdominal exercises might be counter-productive, but cycling, for example, tones your glutes (bum muscles!) and will make your bum look more perky, even despite the fat that will still be there.

I had it confirmed by Lucy Wyndham that insulin certainly creates and adds to a growing midrif and muffin tops for us women.... Having PCOS I kinda get the gist as to why most mine is in that area...

She also said to target that area try Cardio based work outs and as a start out try fast walking for 2/3 minutes and then add 1 mins super fast walking in an repeat for 20/30 3/4 times a week... Guess that's just the heart rate challenge they all advise and we all know cardio is best for burnin some of those fat stores ....

I know what you mean though no specific workout helps burn fat in specific areas we can only sculpt certain areas

as far as i am aware, although there is corollatory data that higher levels of insulin can go along with abdominal fat, and that those with higher levels tend to consume certain foods... i'm not sure that a *causal* link has been proven. Purely anecdotally, I carry very litle abdominal fat compared with my arms and legs, and yet my diet [was] textbook high in sugars and simple carbs.

fitness experts often use 'bad science', so hopefully you'll forgive my scepticism. Anyway, i'm off to research it further, because it's really interesting if it is true.

At any rate, I apologise for dismissing it out of hand. :)

I carry most of my excess weight on my belly (though my legs are a bit on the fat side as well) and tend to find sit ups don't have an obvious impact on my appearance because they are covered in a layer of fat! They are good exercise for strengthening the core though so I will keep going with them as well as trying to reduce overall bodyfat.

Back