How do you become slimmer of the week?

Hahahahaha- that's what you get when you use Google Translate to translate "Whenever I feel a little bit down, I think about that woman who had her face ripped off by a chimpanzee" into Swedish.

I have a slightly different problem, I have won SOTW 5 times in 11 weeks and SOTM once. It is becoming a bit embarrassing winning SOTW as I am the largest person there so I expect to lose the most. Surely it would be fairer to give it to the person who has lost the most in comparison to there weight. I am sure the other members are getting annoyed with me and infact I ended up giving the '' bag of goodies'' away to another member last week.

If someone weighs 140lbs and loses 2 lbs thats better than someone who weighs 280 lbs losing 3.5 lbs?

You aren't alone there Marmiteman. I've had SOTW 24 weeks out of 32 but we don't do SOTM. I felt the same until recently and found myself getting quite upset when the C said 'this weeks SOTW is...' and they'd all say Laura.:eek: I've decided not to let it bother me. They're the rules whether right or wrong. I am so pleased for others when they get it. Our's is a small class with a fair few at target so the choice for the winner is fairly limited. The 2 weeks that I only lost 1/2lb I still got it. That was hardly my fault, I gave them a chance! It made me see that I should just be grateful I'm losing well, some do and some don't.

I hope that doesn't come across as nasty.:eek:

No thats not nasty, I understand what you mean. Its not just winning it's also the bag of fruit we get for winning. My kitchen resembles a fruit market ! :D

The reason they do it, is the fact that if you follow the plan 100% everyone has the chance to lost 2lbs (at least?) per week, so therefore it doesnt go on % of weight lost x

Slimmer of the Week doesn't sit well with me. We are told that 1/2lbs a week is healthy then the hoofing great losses are the ones most celebrated.

That said I won't turn my nose up at a bag full of on the turn fruit should I ever win it, but I won't care if I never get it.

We were told that 2lbs a week is doable if following the plan 100% but a "healthy" weight loss is also classed as 1lbs a week! x

Marmiteman and Laura - can totally understand where you're coming from, and actually - bad blood from other group members (regarding SotW) in part lead me to changing group.

It's meant to be a light-hearted way of celebrating the person who lost the most. The problem in part is that not all consultants sign from the same hymn-sheet - just looking at this thread and all the confusion shows that.

It should be the person who lost the most, who had a loss and maintain the week before. I understand not giving it to someone who gained the week before - as sometimes a gain is followed by a fantastic loss - which can give a skewed result.

With express-weigh it isn't beyond the ability of the computer for it to be worked out on percentage weight loss - giving a fairer result giving differing rate of people's weightloss journies. But then you have to explain to everyone what that all means, how it's worked out, etc, and basically confuse everyone over what is meant - as i said - to be a light hearted way of celebrating a weight loss.

I had my first weigh in on Thursday past for SW.
I had lost 7lbs. I was so pleased! Was the most in the class.
When it came to slimmer of the week they were looking for the person who won and they pointed in my direction.
It hadnt been explained, like the rules, so I didnt know I couldnt win it and I got all excited when they pointed at me.
Turns out they were pointing at the girl beside me who had lost 4lbs.
Cue me going bright red for thinking it was me and everyone staring over.
Oooops.
Maybe next week... *dreams* =)

I've never won SOW, however, I am always really pleased for the person who does win.
I think when you go to a class regularly and stay, you really are genuinely pleased for the people who have lost weight and really feel for the ones that haven't....usually me!! lol
Seriously though, it would be nice to 'win', but hey, we are all in with a chance if we stick to plan!

Guess what I got today....yep...SOTW :D x

Back