How do you cook your veg?

cammie girl

I've been eating only broccoli until tonight. Then I had some mushrooms. I ended up putting a little spray oil in the pan (I know I shouldn't have)..
I just need some ideas on how you cook all your veg?

Thanks

i microwave, dry roast or dry pan fry or add bit water to pan, thats it so far, loving roast brocolli

I've been eating only broccoli until tonight. Then I had some mushrooms. I ended up putting a little spray oil in the pan (I know I shouldn't have)..
I just need some ideas on how you cook all your veg?

Thanks

I use the 1 calorie spray oil - 3 sprays will work on 200g. In the grand scheme of things, that's probably ok.
I can't stand steamed/boiled veges

I use spray oil too, I used frozen mushrooms so they cook in the water anyway :)

I noticed it says on the allowed veg list that we can have swede? Is that a particular kind of turnip, because I always thought turnips were quite carby (used to be a serial atkinser!)?

I noticed it says on the allowed veg list that we can have swede? Is that a particular kind of turnip, because I always thought turnips were quite carby (used to be a serial atkinser!)?

I became curious once you asked and I looked turnips/swede up and this is what I came up with off wikipedia:

Turnips
Raw turnip (100g) contains the following nutritional information: Calories : 22, Fat: 0.1g, Carbohydrates: 5.1g, Fibers: 2g, Protein: 0.7g

Swede
Raw swede (100g) contains the following nutritional information: Calories : 36, Fat: 0.2g, Carbohydrates: 8.13g, Fibers: 2.5g, Protein: 1.2g

Mmmmm, gonna stick to cabbage for now me thinks...:confused:

I'm heading to Asda to check labels now lol!

Oh bum, iv been having Swede everyday! I love it mashed up in my cottage pie, also been weighing raw! However even though I had a slow week last week, I have been doing this since day 1, might have to relook if weight loss stops again.

I love making chips out of the swede very nice with the chilli. Chip the swede ,boil in a pan for about 6-7 mins, drain & leave to cool. Spray wirth frylite, salt,ground black pepper,chilli flakes & paprika. Bake in the oven for 20-25mins (lightly sprinkle with sweetner for the las 5 mins of baking. MMM very nice.

I love making chips out of the swede very nice with the chilli. Chip the swede ,boil in a pan for about 6-7 mins, drain & leave to cool. Spray wirth frylite, salt,ground black pepper,chilli flakes & paprika. Bake in the oven for 20-25mins (lightly sprinkle with sweetner for the las 5 mins of baking. MMM very nice.

I'm drooling...:)
Could you do the same with turnips? Just wondering for my AAMW, when I do up my intake.

I checked the mashed turnip and it was about 5.5g carbs per 100g. Had it in my basket and then it occurred to me that it would have been mashed with butter... so I put it back.

Ive been thinking about making crisps recently using celeriac, but I need to buy a food processor to get the slices thin enough, and I'm skint this week!

Aubergines are not on the s&s list are they?

I bought cauliflower a couple of days ago cos I couldn't remember and when I got home, it wasn't on the list:sigh:

Both are on the AAW8 list though (80g permitted)

Cauli is low carb and so is aubergine, courgettes and celeriac. I only got my list today and I know they're not on it.

How strict is the veg list? I mean, is it essential that only items on that list are eaten, or is it a rough guide? I have a list as long as my arm of low carb veg from atkins, and I live off of courgettes!

I must admit I was surprised that swede was on the list as I thought it was quite carby. I have cauliflower too sometimes as I can't see that it's much different to broccoli in terms of cals / carbs.

I roast, steam, or slow cook (made a veg curry that way) my veggies. Might use frylight and do a bit of a stir fry too as a weekend treat.

How strict is the veg list? I mean, is it essential that only items on that list are eaten, or is it a rough guide? I have a list as long as my arm of low carb veg from atkins, and I live off of courgettes!

I use it as a guide and check cals / carbs of the things I might like and then decide whether they're appropriate.

I've had courgettes and cauli on this diet.

Back